Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We had the Merriest Party 12/3 . I told dd that the QS is basically closed at the party . Like I think you can get a hot dog if you are desperate ! Also no alcohol .
So we monorailed from poly to gf and grabbed a seat in ER. Dds beverage was interesting ! She always gets the cheese plate and mine was a mushroom n sausage flatbread . @mrsap and family popped in before we left too!
It was a nice way to start our holiday night ! Seeing gf lobby and the GB house , plus seeing an old friend? Perfect 🎄🎅 View attachment 629654View attachment 629655View attachment 629656

How come they don’t make your bed anymore? Seems like for the price they should make your bed and put little chocolates on your pillow

How come they don’t make your bed anymore? Seems like for the price they should make your bed and put little chocolates on your pillow

Since Covid, they are only offering light cleaning. You would receive chocolates on your pillow during turndown service, if you were staying Club Level, but even that is on hold right now. According to Disney’s website:

Prior to Your Arrival

Your room will undergo comprehensive cleaning—with added attention to:
  • High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
  • Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
During Your Stay

Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
In addition, housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms.
Inside Your Room
  • Individually wrapped glassware
  • Additional items that have been cleaned, sealed or wrapped in single-use packaging

Since Covid, they are only offering light cleaning. You would receive chocolates on your pillow during turndown service, if you were staying Club Level, but even that is on hold right now. According to Disney’s website:

Prior to Your Arrival

Your room will undergo comprehensive cleaning—with added attention to:
  • High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
  • Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
During Your Stay

Your room will receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). This service will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming, if needed
In addition, housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms.
Inside Your Room
  • Individually wrapped glassware
  • Additional items that have been cleaned, sealed or wrapped in single-use packaging
Well they sure didn’t give a discount for not doing it.

Why can’t I charge to my room with my magic band I thought it could be because my card was maxed out so I put another card on my account but I still can’t charge to room… I’m having a awful time

Why can’t I charge to my room with my magic band I thought it could be because my card was maxed out so I put another card on my account but I still can’t charge to room… I’m having a awful time
So sorry you're having a rough time. This is a question for the front desk. They can fix it for you or at least let you know why it's not possible right now. Charging privileges can be turned on/off by front desk CMs, so maybe it was accidentally turned off and just needs to be turned back on. Hope they can work it out easily for you so your vacation gets back on track!

Sorry I need to vent … Worst Disney vacation ever! Only towel service in rooms , No characters anywhere! Can’t charge to room finally got fixed can’t park hop till after 2:00 . My husband got sick now I’m stuck with lighting lane and reservations for dining that’s says I have to wait 2 hours (not)! Did I mention NO CHARACTERS! I cannot go to Disney and not meet Goofy! No magic anywhere!!!!!!

Sorry I need to vent … Worst Disney vacation ever! Only towel service in rooms , No characters anywhere! Can’t charge to room finally got fixed can’t park hop till after 2:00 . My husband got sick now I’m stuck with lighting lane and reservations for dining that’s says I have to wait 2 hours (not)! Did I mention NO CHARACTERS! I cannot go to Disney and not meet Goofy! No magic anywhere!!!!!!
There were tons of characters everywhere all my trips this year. Goofy was at WL during my stay even.

Housekeeping will bring you as much as you need. Call or ask one in the hall. I have had no issues getting towels, coffee etc. Park hop at 2p isn't ideal but the trips dd and I had without hopping were interesting.

There is lots of magic. Hopefully vent helped and you have a great day. I have really enjoyed our trips this post covid time. Sure they are more expensive and not the same but we find things we enjoy to do anyways. Like mobile ordering cupcakes lol. THAT has been a perk.

There were tons of characters everywhere all my trips this year. Goofy was at WL during my stay even.

Housekeeping will bring you as much as you need. Call or ask one in the hall. I have had no issues getting towels, coffee etc. Park hop at 2p isn't ideal but the trips dd and I had without hopping were interesting.

There is lots of magic. Hopefully vent helped and you have a great day. I have really enjoyed our trips this post covid time. Sure they are more expensive and not the same but we find things we enjoy to do anyways. Like mobile ordering cupcakes lol. THAT has been a perk.
Gues I just had a bad trip! Things has changed so much and I’m not good with change ! Maybe next time will be better in the future when MAYBE THINGS GO BACK TO NORMAL!

Gues I just had a bad trip! Things has changed so much and I’m not good with change ! Maybe next time will be better in the future when MAYBE THINGS GO BACK TO NORMAL!
Change can be tricky. I usually ditch dh and Ds and travel with dd26. She has no fear and makes fun happen.

It is different for sure. The prices, wow, insane!

Hope you have a better trip next time.

I will be back soon so if just like living through others trips? I’ll post pix 12/31!

Sorry, but I'm confused. This is our first stay at the GF (for our 25th, and VERY excited). We check in on the 26th, and I went to on-line check-in, which went fine until I got to room requests. We have a garden view booked, and I thought that we would be able to request a certain building or floor, but I'm not seeing that. My options were ground floor, king bed, near elevator, or near convention center. KIng bed would be great, but an upper level floor with a balcony is more important, and certain buildings are preferable. I could care less about the elevator or the convention center! Also hoping against hope to talk our way into a deluxe room; would have been willing to pay for it, but it's not currently a bookable category. Soooo....am I better off skipping on-line and just going to the front desk upon arrival? Or am I missing something--which is entirely possible as I worked all day? We will be arriving between8:30-9:00 pm, if you think that might make a difference. Any input would be helpful at this point!!

Call and talk to a live person who will put in your requests instead of trying to do it on a computer.
You might be able to talk to the resort itself a few days before arrival. Check if they are still allowing this.
Then you want personal front desk check in. This way before heading to the room you've been assigned directly you can discuss with them what room you have, what you might prefer and what is available.
You are arriving late so depending on how booked the resort your choices might be limited. Do everything you can in advance except on line check-in.

Thanks for the help! Do I call the resort directly, as opposed to the regular resort reservation line? What about touringplans.com--or is it too
late for that?

Thanks for the help! Do I call the resort directly, as opposed to the regular resort reservation line? What about touringplans.com--or is it too
late for that?

Call either. Any number that says it’s direct to GF is just an off-site location anyway (no matter what they say), so it really doesn’t matter. You just need anyone who can pull up your resort reservation and add notes.

Rooms are assigned several days in advance, so since you’re checking in 12/26 I’d call right away.

As you’ve seen, the online check-in room request options aren’t specific enough to address the kind of requests you’re trying to add, so calling is the only way. Using a service like Touring Plans is also an option, but not sure if that’s an effective route this late in the game (perhaps others can chime in if they have specific experience).

As for online check-in, I personally recommend doing online check-in but just don’t add anything on the room request page. Since you have such a late arrival there’s a reasonable chance you’ll recieve your room ready notice en route that day (although sometimes you won’t get a notice, for various reasons).

Just because you’ve completed online check-in doesn’t mean you can’t also stop at the front desk upon arrival. In your case if you’ve received the room info that day and it’s not to your liking, you can stop at the front desk to discuss. If you do like the room you’ve been given, then no need to stop - head right on to the room.

Heck, often I will stop at the front desk even if I’ve recieved the room info just because it gives me a chance to check our MagicBands, grab a resort map or any other paperwork, etc.

Hope that all makes sense. Enjoy your GF stay!

Make sure you tell them you are celebrating something when you call ! That always helps 😃
Of course say you are making a new reservation too . They pick up much faster !

If I received the room ready and discover I do not like the location,
Is it important to not unlock or enter the room?
Covid protocol would need to verify that the room had not been entered; correct?

If I received the room ready and discover I do not like the location,
Is it important to not unlock or enter the room?
Covid protocol would need to verify that the room had not been entered; correct?
I went into a room last year and didn’t like the smell of cigarettes from the balcony so I headed back to lobby to make a swap. The housekeeper manager noticed we went in and out with suitcases in a short time and offered to find us a room. He asked if we touched anything etc. I always check room and balcony before “touching/using” stuff. We were moved to a different location without any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter