Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Good Morning everyone

Quick question...has anyone heard if Cinderella is returning to GF?

My friend is going to the Christmas party and she unfortunately couldn't get BOG or Royal Table the night of the party and its her DD's 4th birthday. I thought Cinderella would be cute before and then get over the MK from the GF.

Or....does anyone have any other pre-party ideas for a little ones birthday?

Thanks so much for any help
I dont think that has returned yet. Would she enjoy seeing the Gingerbread House?" It is super cute!

They usually say they begin running 45 min prior to park opening, but I've had times when they start running earlier than the official time. That day though... it might be kind of crazy, and longer waits for the boats. I'm taking the path. You could always check the line for the boat and then decide.
We will also be at GF on 10/1 and plan on taking the path to avoid the boats and monorail. Does the path open and close at a certain time? I thought I read somewhere that there were restrictions due to the swing bridge for the EWP?

We will also be at GF on 10/1 and plan on taking the path to avoid the boats and monorail. Does the path open and close at a certain time? I thought I read somewhere that there were restrictions due to the swing bridge for the EWP?

So yes...the bridge does open and close for the Light Parade boats to enter Bay Lake. And if it rains, they have issues with the bridge not closing all the way...and it happens very often. We got stuck waiting so long that we turned around and walked all the way back to the boats at MK to get back to GF. The issue is that if the bridge does not close perfect...they have to call a supervisor to get an approval to close the bridge manually...and sometime it can take a while to get a hold of someone to approve the closing....the kid running the bridge told us it happens almost every time it rains because the design of the bridge causes a little bit of slipping so the bridge thinks it is closed, but it is not fully raised.

So the reason I say this is...we were staying in a fireworks room and really wanted to get back to watch the fireworks from our room...and because of the delay...we missed that. Being Disney people we made some slight changes and bolted up to the Enchanted Rose before the crowds came.... so it worked out fine. The next night we got room service and watched the fireworks

Good Morning everyone

Quick question...has anyone heard if Cinderella is returning to GF?

My friend is going to the Christmas party and she unfortunately couldn't get BOG or Royal Table the night of the party and its her DD's 4th birthday. I thought Cinderella would be cute before and then get over the MK from the GF.

Or....does anyone have any other pre-party ideas for a little ones birthday?

Thanks so much for any help

She was not there in November and I have not heard of her return yet. I’ll be sure to update you guys if I hear anything! There is a pottery option in Enchanted Rose! That might be fun! Some details HERE

Based on other reviews I've heard, this is probably an unpopular opinion... but I was rather disappointed in the new Citricos menu. The new design is great, but we were unimpressed by the food for the cost. Some of the items we had:
  • Strawberry Salad was good.
  • Berkshire Pork Belly was rather flavorless. Maybe I just don't like pork bell that much?
  • Golden Tile Fish was pretty dry and boring.
  • Butter-poached Florida Cobia was fine, but not great
  • Orange Blossom Flan was actually pretty good for someone who doesn't like flan. Light and orangy.
We had much better seafood at several places during our trip in Florida, including this awesome choice from Tiffins...

Love the GF retail merchandise ❣️
Always have to build up a couple of our Chase Disney cards, so all the reward money goes towards gifties and food!
Yeah, we go expensive, but the prices of these suites go right into points for our
“play money”🤣!!!!
(At least that’s what I tell hubby!)💕

Based on other reviews I've heard, this is probably an unpopular opinion... but I was rather disappointed in the new Citricos menu. The new design is great, but we were unimpressed by the food for the cost. Some of the items we had:
  • Berkshire Pork Belly was rather flavorless. Maybe I just don't like pork bell that much?
  • Orange Blossom Flan was actually pretty good for someone who doesn't like flan. Light and orangy.
We had much better seafood at several places during our trip in Florida, including this awesome choice from Tiffins...
View attachment 605080
Oh, that so awful to hear about Citrico’s!
That’s one of our usual spots we go to😓
And I need to go back to the restaurant board and find out about Tiffins..,last time we had that kind of Mediterranean fish was at the place before Cat Kora’s. (sp?)

View attachment 605080

Personally, I think it's wasn't a great move for the menu at Citricos to be so seafood heavy with Narcoosees also at The Grand.

I often travel with a friend who is allergic to fish and shellfish - even a strong smell can sometimes get to her...

I DID go to Enchanted Rose on my last trip and the waiter told me he could get me desserts from Citricos ;-)

View attachment 605080
I thought the Tile fish was delicious and prepared perfectly. I agree that the pork belly was not great. We found it bland and disappointing. The bread was just ok. Our server, Larry, was awesome! My husband said overall he would be more inclined to return to the Grand Floridian Cafe or give Narcoosees a try next time.

For the morning, they close the gate over the EWP canal bridge overnight….it opens around 1.5 hours before park opening. I only know this as I usually run in the AM and that’s the pretty consistent pattern I’ve noticed. You’d still be held at the security station closer to MK until they are ready to let people pass (I don’t know exactly when that is lately).

I thought the Tile fish was delicious and prepared perfectly. I agree that the pork belly was not great. We found it bland and disappointing. The bread was just ok. Our server, Larry, was awesome! My husband said overall he would be more inclined to return to the Grand Floridian Cafe or give Narcoosees a try next time.

I really enjoyed the Tile Fish as well. I got the Cobia a couple of weeks ago and really loved that too.

I’m one that doesn’t really understand pork belly. Just feels like a big fatty piece of bacon to me no matter where I’ve had it. I’m sure people love it, just isn’t my thing. But I did try it at Citricos and agree it’d be a pass for me too.

The few times I’ve been to Citrico’s so far the star has been the service and atmosphere. And beverages. :-)

I really enjoyed the Tile Fish as well. I got the Cobia a couple of weeks ago and really loved that too.

I’m one that doesn’t really understand pork belly. Just feels like a big fatty piece of bacon to me no matter where I’ve had it. I’m sure people love it, just isn’t my thing. But I did try it at Citricos and agree it’d be a pass for me too.

The few times I’ve been to Citrico’s so far the star has been the service and atmosphere. And beverages. :-)
Yes, service and atmosphere were great. And maybe we just chose the wrong dishes. But at a place like that, I don't think I've ever been disappointed in anything we ordered. Ok, maybe once in a while, but not several dishes at the same meal. Certainly, many are very happy with the food, so hopefully we just had an off night. But I did want to share our experience.

View attachment 605080
That looks aweful!!!:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter