Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We arrive tomorrow for our first GF stay, our last monorail resort to try. We’re normally Beach Club people, but I got a good passholder rate for the Grand and it’s always been my mom’s dream resort so it was meant to be! Can’t wait! See some of you around the pool. :)

To all those starting their vacations I wish you tons of pixie dust and many magical moments, Good weather, and safe travels.

I know you will come back and share all your experiences so I can get excited about our very own August getaway.
Which by the way will be needed.

Our very own DD is getting Married in July, and since she had to move out of state because of her job, I have been planning every detail. And I must say I am doing a phenomenal job.

With the COVID recovery economy in full swing, I was able to book one of the best bands in the land for the wedding as well as the string ensamble for her wedding ceremony.

We have been saving for this wedding from the moment she was born, since we knew cost of everything increases over time.

So far. we are ready.

So when you return, I will look forward for your vacation updates.

If I may ask.
Include your pool days.
Crowds
restaurants
Bus, boat, transportation around the parks.

Anything that will make me get more and more excited.

Thank you

Have a great time.

To all those starting their vacations I wish you tons of pixie dust and many magical moments, Good weather, and safe travels.

I know you will come back and share all your experiences so I can get excited about our very own August getaway.
Which by the way will be needed.

Our very own DD is getting Married in July, and since she had to move out of state because of her job, I have been planning every detail. And I must say I am doing a phenomenal job.

With the COVID recovery economy in full swing, I was able to book one of the best bands in the land for the wedding as well as the string ensamble for her wedding ceremony.

We have been saving for this wedding from the moment she was born, since we knew cost of everything increases over time.

So far. we are ready.

So when you return, I will look forward for your vacation updates.

If I may ask.
Include your pool days.
Crowds
restaurants
Bus, boat, transportation around the parks.

Anything that will make me get more and more excited.

Thank you

Have a great time.

I'm late June so I will note your requests and report back! It must be so joyous to be planning such an event after all of this, but you will definitely need some relaxation, so some pool details for sure! It sounds like your daughter's wedding is going to be just lovely - best wishes!

Oh my gosh you guys I’m on DME waiting to pull out from MCO and I’m over the moon! I got my room ready text already, while I was on the “first ride” to go get my bag…and they put me in the Main Building!! :love:

I got birthday pixie dust!!! My dream is coming true after all!!!

Oh my gosh you guys I’m on DME waiting to pull out from MCO and I’m over the moon! I got my room ready text already, while I was on the “first ride” to go get my bag…and they put me in the Main Building!! :love:

So happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and great trip!

Given all you have been through with cancelled trips and whatnot, couldn’t have happened to a better person!

Also ETA: Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

What an amazing way to begin your trip!! Wishing you continued magic as you celebrate your birthday! Let the pixie dust fly... 😊

This is my view! I can’t believe it!
I'm in the main building too! So glad you got Pixie Dust for your birthday! I'll have to post the view from my phone later because I'm on my laptop right now. We got to MK this morning at around 9am, and it really wasn't very crowded until around 11:30 when we saw a pretty big increase in people in the walkways. I'm not sure if it was due to time of day or lots of people arriving this morning. We're going back over around 5pm to hopefully ride a couple of things before dinner, so I guess we'll see what it's like then. Hope to see you around (and anyone else here at GF)!

I'm in the main building too! So glad you got Pixie Dust for your birthday! I'll have to post the view from my phone later because I'm on my laptop right now. We got to MK this morning at around 9am, and it really wasn't very crowded until around 11:30 when we saw a pretty big increase in people in the walkways. I'm not sure if it was due to time of day or lots of people arriving this morning. We're going back over around 5pm to hopefully ride a couple of things before dinner, so I guess we'll see what it's like then. Hope to see you around (and anyone else here at GF)!

Yay!! I got to the resort around noon had brunch at GF cafe at 1 then watched my poor City lose. Walked to MK after 5 and got a ton done without a real plan, just meandering before dinner at BOG. I am just finishing up there now. But my longest wait was Pirates at 25. Waits were silly low just about everywhere.

I really, really enjoyed the walking path. It’s honestly so beautiful!

It really has been such a fantastic addition to the GF (and Poly) experience.

(Sorry City lost, but hey, you’re at WDW!)

It’s amazing. Especially since I quickly discovered the shortcut through the “back” elevator near Gasparilla and the pool. It lets you out practically right on top of the path.

I’m gutted we lost, but I can’t think of a better way to nurse my wounds than an evening at MK. I’ve been an emotional mess since I’ve been here…even cried on Pirates, my first ride. I never really understood what this place meant to me until I couldn’t be there, and I really underestimated how it would feel to have a slice of normal after the year I’ve had.

It’s amazing. Especially since I quickly discovered the shortcut through the “back” elevator near Gasparilla and the pool. It lets you out practically right on top of the path.

I’m gutted we lost, but I can’t think of a better way to nurse my wounds than an evening at MK. I’ve been an emotional mess since I’ve been here…even cried on Pirates, my first ride. I never really understood what this place meant to me until I couldn’t be there, and I really underestimated how it would feel to have a slice of normal after the year I’ve had.
Thank you for the update! We got our luggage tags yesterday. That was enough to make me cry. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone!

Anyone know how many floors the Conch Key building has? I just booked theme park view in July but I don’t want to request the top floor that has those dark vaulted ceilings rooms with the small balconies.

Im assuming that’s the best building for theme park view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter