Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

One of my favorite little spots in the Grand Floridian Lobby is by the staircase near the rear exit (close to the area where you enter the Grand Floridian Cafe/1900 Park Fare). There are two little chairs there and a table and it's kind of a little nook. And I'm pretty sure there's a plug there.

And if she's hungry, I really love the Gaspirilla Pizza :D
Yep👍❤️

Can someone tell me how long does it take to walk to the Pol. We would like to go to the Pineapple Lanai for the Dole Whip. :rolleyes1

Thinking about a first time Grand Floridian stay in late August. We'd plan a lot of pool time, how is their pool area and is it hard to get loungers?

We have always vacationed at the GF in August, usually the second or third week, before the kids up north go back to school (at least Ohio).
Families with children shared the pool. We would arrive at various times on our pool days from 10 am to after lunch to after park wore us out.
We never had trouble finding 3 loungers together, it might not have been prime real estate, but we were easily camped out.
The pool with a slide seemed more family busy, with those cabanas and all. Plus the food venue for fast food.
The other big pool always had loungers. We did have trouble locating a table to sit at here. If they even had them, maybe thats why.

Enjoy the pools. We also love the Hot tub!!!!

I do not know what the future could look like but for us it was the same on our 4 stays here.

Be safe.

Thank you Sue, that's good to know! We're looking at the third week in August so right in the same time frame. I like to resort hop and the Grand Floridian is a new one for us to try.

Thinking about a first time Grand Floridian stay in late August. We'd plan a lot of pool time, how is their pool area and is it hard to get loungers?

Although I’ve never gone in August, I’ve never had an issue getting lounge chairs at either pool when staying at the Grand. I hope you have a great time!

I was there over spring break (mid-March) and the loungers were mostly empty even though the weather was good for swimming. GF pools are very nice and their water slide is fun. The hot tub was crowded, like at most resorts. Can't help but wonder if pool crashers fill that up, but that's just me being a suspicious curmudgeon.

I was there over spring break (mid-March) and the loungers were mostly empty even though the weather was good for swimming. GF pools are very nice and their water slide is fun. The hot tub was crowded, like at most resorts. Can't help but wonder if pool crashers fill that up, but that's just me being a suspicious curmudgeon.

I would not be surprised, but I think the pool crashers tend to favor the Poly over the GF.

It’s a shame. I hope the hot tub is not too crowded when I go, but as long as it’s not overrun with unruly kids I’m fine. Hot tubs are my absolute favorite resort treat but it’s not fun when they aren’t relaxing.

I would not be surprised, but I think the pool crashers tend to favor the Poly over the GF.

It’s a shame. I hope the hot tub is not too crowded when I go, but as long as it’s not overrun with unruly kids I’m fine. Hot tubs are my absolute favorite resort treat but it’s not fun when they aren’t relaxing.

I honestly never felt like The Grand had an over abundance of kids there... the last two stays we had, I used the hot tub quite a bit, and never experienced any kids in there. Usually men or couples... and then there’s me with my White Claw🍹 😂 Have a great time!!

I hope the hot tub is not too crowded when I go, but as long as it’s not overrun with unruly kids I’m fine. Hot tubs are my absolute favorite resort treat but it’s not fun when they aren’t relaxing.
It wasn't hectic at all, just crowded with both adults & well-behaved kids. I only used it one day so it could have just been my luck that it was crowded.

I have had 5 trips Covid and 5-8 a year prior . I always leave tip in the bathroom in advance so I don’t forget in the morning when we rush out for rope drop.
A little OT but since you go so often...can you visit a gift shop at a resort by car if you don't have a dining or room reservation? Are lounges open that you can get a drink at a resort without an ADR?

Last edited:
A little OT but since you go so often...can you visit a gift shop at a resort by car if you don't have a dining or room reservation? Are lounges open that you can get a drink at a resort without an ADR?
Yep

I visit all the mono and boardwalk area resorts each trip. Shop, explore , eat, drink as you like. You just cant swim or possibly park a car. If walk or disney transport you are fine.

Yep

I visit all the mono and boardwalk area resorts each trip. Shop, explore , eat, drink as you like. You just cant swim or possibly park a car. If walk or disney transport you are fine.
ok so I would have to park where? We are staying off site. I am assuming ttc and then there is a charge? my mind is blank about parking right now. (we are not visiting parks)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter