Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

There is a TV in bar at the quiet pool. Usually there are bar stools there but due to Covid they aren't there. My son did sit at table close to the bar and watched a game in October. Hopefully there have the ability to get that game for you so you can cheer on your team.

Thank you!

Is there anywhere at GF where I could ostensibly watch the most important soccer match of the season? Like at one of the pool bars maybe?

Oddball question I know, but I’m the dummy who just realized my arrival day only happens to be the same day as the dang Champions League final. And my team is 90 minutes in Manchester England away from booking their place in it for the first time ever. I’m not okay lol

It’s not GF, but this tweet from yesterday made me think of your post / reminded me that Outer Rim at CR can sometimes be a good spot to watch things - there are several TVs, usually low crowds, and a better chance to talk the bartender into putting on what you want, if it’s available. Make sure to check the hours, it’s generally had only evening hours during the week and longer hours on the weekends.

It’s not GF, but this tweet from yesterday made me think of your post / reminded me that Outer Rim at CR can sometimes be a good spot to watch things - there are several TVs, usually low crowds, and a better chance to talk the bartender into putting on what you want, if it’s available. Make sure to check the hours, it’s generally had only evening hours during the week and longer hours on the weekends.

Nice! It’s always good to have options. I get in on a Saturday and with the time difference with Europe the final should be around 3pm, so I think it’ll be okay.

Hi. We got upgraded to the GF for our trip that starts on May 10. Super excited.
how has the bus transportation been to the parks the last little bit? And we can still take the boat to MK, correct?

Congrats!!! Yes, you can take both the boat and monorail to MK. Unfortunately, I cannot help with the bus question, but I hope you have a great time!!!

Dying laughing at that end date. They’re not slick! (I knew we’d be paying rack rate for the 50th, but it’s still funny)

Seriously.

And Poly not even included in the summer discount AT ALL.

We are all sheep... yes I'll pay full price for a Moana room.... yes I'll pay full price to be there 10/1.....

I gulp at the rates and possible lack of discounts for GF someday when it eventually gets its room renovations.

I can’t make a decision what building to be in. So I’ll wing it and hope for the best!
Is the water show still running?

YEP

They are at the new Endless Summer dockside resort. For 20 somethings it is great. They sell $18 mini bucket of cocktails, starbucks in the lobby and short shuttle to the parks.
She was working in the lobby earlier and now at the pool with a beverage!View attachment 572433

Good for her!!!!!!!!!! (💩 for you!!!! 😒) Sounds like she’s having a great time!!!! Looks beautiful there!!!!

Good for her!!!!!!!!!! (💩 for you!!!! 😒) Sounds like she’s having a great time!!!! Looks beautiful there!!!!
The did IOA yesterday. Waited 2 hours for hagrid and ride closed.UGH

However they are doing all kinds of fun stuff. 4 girls , 2 from Albany NY 2 from Northern VA. DD took them to CG last night then the mono to GF because you need to see the lobby lol!

We're staying at the GF in two weeks--our first time there! Yay!

At any rate, we'll be having breakfast at Gasparilla Grill and I see that they have mobile ordering. Is this what we should be doing for breakfast? And, if so, when should we order? The night before:? The morning of?

I probably have another few zillion GF questions, but that's what's on my mind right now, since I need breakfast before I go to the parks.

Thanks!

We're staying at the GF in two weeks--our first time there! Yay!

At any rate, we'll be having breakfast at Gasparilla Grill and I see that they have mobile ordering. Is this what we should be doing for breakfast? And, if so, when should we order? The night before:? The morning of?

I probably have another few zillion GF questions, but that's what's on my mind right now, since I need breakfast before I go to the parks.

Thanks!

yes, use the mobile ordering - I would suggest putting the order through before you leave your room. When you make up the order, you choose an Arrival Window (the time you will be there to pick it up) and can place the order ahead of that time. and when you leave the room - click on "here now" to actually have them start preparing it.

I also would not leave your mobile order timing to the last minute. Things can get pretty slow/bogged down at peak times in the AM. If you’re trying to get anywhere else in a timely manner (especially rope drop), err on the side of extra time, in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter