• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Just booked a quick trip in May. Called to reserve a cabana and was given the $318 price. Last month we paid $249. When I questioned, the CM checked and said there is an increase April 1. I get AP discount, so it is a bit cheaper, but wasn’t expecting a $60 increase. That said, I still booked it because I like the idea of guaranteed space.

Thanks so much for that update!!! Interesting they raised it so much, but they suddenly seem more appealing to people. I’m assuming because of the times! Thanks again!

Last edited:
I am very excited to be coming heading back in May. My DD is finishing her 1st year of grad school. We had a HUGE CL trip planned last May for college graduation, which obviously didn’t happen. She just acquired her summer schedule and we found 5 nights open...so GF here we come! This is her favorite resort and I am glad it was open for our nights. If only CL was available or Senses was open! I did book a cabana for a bit of relaxation for her. Hubby and I were just there earlier this month (GFV), but planning these trips never gets old for me.

Just booked a quick trip in May. Called to reserve a cabana and was given the $318 price. Last month we paid $249. When I questioned, the CM checked and said there is an increase April 1. I get AP discount, so it is a bit cheaper, but wasn’t expecting a $60 increase. That said, I still booked it because I like the idea of guaranteed space.
I paid $318 for the one I had yesterday! It might be the seasonal pricing.

Hey GF friends, I need some help with tomorrow morning at Hollywood Studios.

We are going to drive there by car and want to be there at 8am, an hour before the 9am official park opening. As we are driving, I'm worried that they won't let us park and line up at the main gate with the rest of the rope droppers. Concerned that even though we're GF guests they'll make us wait and not open the lots until close to 9 and spoil our chance at an early get at rides.

Anyone know if they'll let me park at 8am for a 9am open?

You’re probably in the car now I guess, but parking lots open for everyone around an hour before park opening. The only problem is if you time it too early and they have the lot entrance blocked off and you have to circle around. But otherwise, aim for 8am/just before 8am and it should be ok. Lots of other people doing the same thing though.

Enjoy your day!

Cabanas are available at 60 days out right? Tomorrow is my ADR day and I’m putting together my game plan. I have a feeling Memorial Day weekend is going to see busy pools given the heat and crowds and I don’t want to be left in the lurch. I’m also wondering if they’ll let me just get snacks vs. a giant fruit tray I totally won’t be able to eat by myself.

Cabanas are available at 60 days out right? Tomorrow is my ADR day and I’m putting together my game plan. I have a feeling Memorial Day weekend is going to see busy pools given the heat and crowds and I don’t want to be left in the lurch. I’m also wondering if they’ll let me just get snacks vs. a giant fruit tray I totally won’t be able to eat by myself.

Hey! Yes, you can book at 60 days out. It doesn’t hurt to ask! Ask them to note your reservation, if they can! If not, stop at the desk at check-in and let them know. Hopefully someone can help you out! Good luck and enjoy!!!

Hey everyone, I have a reservation at GF in September. Outer Bldg, Garden View. Sago Cay looks nice. Any room recommendations? Don’t want to stay on top floor with short balcony.

Hey everyone, I have a reservation at GF in September. Outer Bldg, Garden View. Sago Cay looks nice. Any room recommendations? Don’t want to stay on top floor with short balcony.

Sago is our favorite building! I don't have a "room number" suggestion but prefer to request what we want vs an actual room number.

I would suggest requesting your top two wants like "sago cay" + "large balcony" or whatever is most important like "marina view", "quiet", "near elevator", "connecting", "non-connecting", "monorail view", etc.

Sago is our favorite building! I don't have a "room number" suggestion but prefer to request what we want vs an actual room number.

I would suggest requesting your top two wants like "sago cay" + "large balcony" or whatever is most important like "marina view", "quiet", "near elevator", "connecting", "non-connecting", "monorail view", etc.

This! If you just request a room number, the assigner has no idea why so in the likely event that room is not available, they will not know why you requested that and put you anywhere. Better to have 2 or no more than 3 requests in priority order. Also try to stay away from “negative“ requests such as “non-connecting” as it is too easy for them to miss the “no” or “non”.

Last edited:
We are home from our 4 night stay! It was a nice stay and we did enjoy staying at the Grand. We had 2 rooms in Sugar Loaf on the second floor. In my room, 6228, was me, my husband and one granddaughter. My son’s room was 6225 and there 4 in that room. The grounds were beautiful, flowers everywhere and clean and well kept.

I was disappointed in the lack of flowers in the lobby though. It looked so sad to see just a couple of long stems of some white flowers sticking out if the urns. The piano player was there playing every night beginning at 5. It was nice to hear him.

We loved having the cabana, and it was worth every penny! They had it stocked with a nice fruit platter, basket of chips, Chex mix, pretzels and veggie chips. The fridge has waters, Diet Coke, coke and sprite. They did replace things through the day for us. When we were leaving they told us to take what we wanted, since we paid for it!

The VIP tour we took was wonderful for my grandchildren. Our guide was fantastic and he knew the most efficient way to tour each park to maximize your time. My husband and I were exhausted, but the kids loved it. It worked well because they got on all the rides they wanted, some multiple times, in that one day.

I really am not sure about keeping my November reservation. I will see how the next few months go. We are taking my older daughter to celebrate her 10 year Anniversary of being cancer free. She enjoys the rides, but may not enjoy the waits! She is bringing a friend, so we will see. I just wasn’t too fond of this Disney. Mobile order didn’t always work for me, masks are an issue for too long also. I miss the sights and sounds of Disney too much, not really a ride person, but I am hoping it will all come back soon.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who helped me plan this trip. It was fun because I was with family, that is all that matters!

Attachments

• 22E8DA01-9432-4B04-96DE-9D05B9DFDF3A.jpeg
    22E8DA01-9432-4B04-96DE-9D05B9DFDF3A.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 41
  • F63E446F-5A67-4153-8DB4-F7A746385D8A.jpeg
    F63E446F-5A67-4153-8DB4-F7A746385D8A.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 9B5DBAA2-BDAE-4FEA-96ED-DFFA13F0D1A9.jpeg
    9B5DBAA2-BDAE-4FEA-96ED-DFFA13F0D1A9.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 90E7A0F9-161D-4103-A373-0336D1145C41.jpeg
    90E7A0F9-161D-4103-A373-0336D1145C41.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 6793C215-D403-4923-91BF-549301E0E4F4.jpeg
    6793C215-D403-4923-91BF-549301E0E4F4.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 51
  • BFC46DE1-12A5-4C5D-A7AC-09B37E386673.jpeg
    BFC46DE1-12A5-4C5D-A7AC-09B37E386673.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 51
  • 3F3B5064-4BA0-42A1-BFB1-2FA8BDA0CD74.jpeg
    3F3B5064-4BA0-42A1-BFB1-2FA8BDA0CD74.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 50
We are home from our 4 night stay! It was a nice stay and we did enjoy staying at the Grand. We had 2 rooms in Sugar Loaf on the second floor. In my room, 6228, was me, my husband and one granddaughter. My son’s room was 6225 and there 4 in that room. The grounds were beautiful, flowers everywhere and clean and well kept.

I was disappointed in the lack of flowers in the lobby though. It looked so sad to see just a couple of long stems of some white flowers sticking out if the urns. The piano player was there playing every night beginning at 5. It was nice to hear him.

We loved having the cabana, and it was worth every penny! They had it stocked with a nice fruit platter, basket of chips, Chex mix, pretzels and veggie chips. The fridge has waters, Diet Coke, coke and sprite. They did replace things through the day for us. When we were leaving they told us to take what we wanted, since we paid for it!

The VIP tour we took was wonderful for my grandchildren. Our guide was fantastic and he knew the most efficient way to tour each park to maximize your time. My husband and I were exhausted, but the kids loved it. It worked well because they got on all the rides they wanted, some multiple times, in that one day.

I really am not sure about keeping my November reservation. I will see how the next few months go. We are taking my older daughter to celebrate her 10 year Anniversary of being cancer free. She enjoys the rides, but may not enjoy the waits! She is bringing a friend, so we will see. I just wasn’t too fond of this Disney. Mobile order didn’t always work for me, masks are an issue for too long also. I miss the sights and sounds of Disney too much, not really a ride person, but I am hoping it will all come back soon.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who helped me plan this trip. It was fun because I was with family, that is all that matters!
Honestly it is the SMELLS I miss with the masks on.
Overall it does sound like you had a nice family trip! Thanks for sharing😄

I’m so happy you all had a wonderful trip!!! Thanks so much for sharing the great pictures!!! 🥰 (And SO happy for your DD ❤️)

I love the bunny cake picture! So cute. . .

Today was my ADR day and I got Narcoosee’s for my birthday dinner. I was also able to get my cabana on Memorial Day!!! I was shocked tbh. No passholder discount available though.Total was $318.44 including tax, for the curious.

I wasn’t able to book anything at all for the YC half of my stay, though. :( I really wasn’t planning on anything except a droid and maybe a backup dinner at Epcot though since I mainly plan on eating at the festival booths.

Today was my ADR day and I got Narcoosee’s for my birthday dinner. I was also able to get my cabana on Memorial Day!!! I was shocked tbh. No passholder discount available though.Total was $318.44 including tax, for the curious.

I wasn’t able to book anything at all for the YC half of my stay, though. :( I really wasn’t planning on anything except a droid and maybe a backup dinner at Epcot though since I mainly plan on eating at the festival booths.

So happy you were able to get a Birthday dinner reservation at Narcoossee’s, as well as a cabana on Memorial Day!! So excited for you!!! And don’t give up on your second half of your stay!! Keep checking, people cancel things all the time!!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 (And thanks for confirming the cabana price!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter