Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Called this morning and found that a Beach Pool cabana opened up for the date I wanted! I booked it and now have to decide which one to keep. Although with it being for Easter weekend, and hearing rumors about there being waits for pools at other resorts, part of me is wondering if it would be crazy to keep both so that we can easily move to the Courtyard if the Beach Pool starts to feel too rowdy. :ssst:

Called this morning and found that a Beach Pool cabana opened up for the date I wanted! I booked it and now have to decide which one to keep. Although with it being for Easter weekend, and hearing rumors about there being waits for pools at other resorts, part of me is wondering if it would be crazy to keep both so that we can easily move to the Courtyard if the Beach Pool starts to feel too rowdy. :ssst:

Hi! Can you give a report on the crowds (or lack thereof) at both pools around lunchtime or in the afternoons if you happen to pass by them?

Trying to gauge if I should be getting a pool patio reservation for the 4 of us on our dedicated pool day or if its not going to be necessary. We arrive 3/27 for a week. Thanks!
We’ve passed by around 11ish a couple of times and there are light crowds at that time. We went yesterday and it seemed like the pools were more crowded around 2 or 3 pm— the Beaches pool more so. No lines or capacity issues with the pools that we have seen. We’ve been here since Sunday.

We’ve passed by around 11ish a couple of times and there are light crowds at that time. We went yesterday and it seemed like the pools were more crowded around 2 or 3 pm— the Beaches pool more so. No lines or capacity issues with the pools that we have seen. We’ve been here since Sunday.

Thanks, that fits our pattern as well, as I'm sure you're aware a lot of hotel guests do the parks early AM and later PM and spend the heat of the day and the biggest park crowd time by the pool. That strategy gets ruined if we get back to the hotel and are told the pool is at capacity, go take a cold shower.

I posted on another thread as well but we were there Sun (arrived 1:30ish) and Monday. Same experience as @Mzpalmtree. Sunday was crowded when we got there, took us a lap around both pools to find someone packing up. Honestly that’s a pretty normal situation from my perspective, so really didn’t think much of it. Weekends are always bigger crossover days.

Monday was wide open with usual ebbs and flows.

I don’t doubt things may be tight at some other resorts, but GF was manageable from my perspective.

Like anything travel related these days, YMMV.

Also should add, the weather this week has been unbelievably good. No clouds, no storms, no rain, perfect pool temps ALL day. There’s very little reason to leave.

With no storms, limited evening dining, and no nighttime entertainment, I do think people linger longer than they might otherwise would.

But things still clear out pretty quickly as you get later in the day, IMO.

We walked to GF from poly yesterday. Pools for me at gf were quiet in Oct, dec and Jan, I did not notice much difference, with it being 90 degrees I did notice more people sitting on the beach, kids in sand but plenty of room.

I’m beyond excited being at poly. However part of it is the lovely view of gg in the distance,

We walked to GF from poly yesterday. Pools for me at gf were quiet in Oct, dec and Jan, I did not notice much difference, with it being 90 degrees I did notice more people sitting on the beach, kids in sand but plenty of room.

I’m beyond excited being at poly. However part of it is the lovely view of gg in the distance,

View attachment 563382

Beautiful view! Hope you’re having a wonderful trip.

I appreciate the pool update! I was mostly kidding about keeping both. :laughing: I definitely toyed with the thought for a moment, but I’m going to keep the cabana and drop the poolside patio.

THANK YOU so much :). We now know that this entire area is essentially non-existent.
Now, there MAY be freight elevators that I'm unaware of.... but if there are none? No one can actually be doing work on that area :(.
Surely they have a way to bring supplies to the restaurants, and for CMs to come and go, that doesn't involve that doorway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter