Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Atmosphere we love CG! N is nice when staying at Grand or poly for walking convenience. Precovid menu was better. I struggled last year to find anything so did appetizer instead.
Y has been the best food wise but I don't know when it will open. Steak there is delish!

I am really hoping Yachtsman will be open again when I move over to YC since BC will be opening again. But if not I want to stick to the area I’m at to keep things simple. I haven’t been to any of the signatures except Tiffins so it’s all new to me.

I have not been all in this thread- but thinking of changing BC to GF in June because we will be at MK most.

can you confirm if the main pool is open to 10. Are they currently serving hot food at the pool bar.
Is most open except a couple signature restrauants? Is the boat currently running to MK and Contemporary?

I have not been all in this thread- but thinking of changing BC to GF in June because we will be at MK most.

can you confirm if the main pool is open to 10. Are they currently serving hot food at the pool bar.
Is most open except a couple signature restrauants? Is the boat currently running to MK and Contemporary?

In case helpful, here’s the GF page from our open/closed FAQ thread that may be helpful: https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-resorts-open-closed-detail-faq-thread.3826299/post-62693884

Yes, feature pool hours are 10am-10pm; leisure pool hours are 7am-11pm.

Thank you for this link. Looks like more open here than BC/YC we still have a few months to june

I really think more offerings will become available on property this summer. Especially if/when the CDC updates travel guidelines for vaccinated people. Many like myself were waiting for shots before going anywhere. NY also announced the quarantine/testing requirements for domestic travel will end on April 1st. Things are adding up to a busier summer and I think more things will open up to accommodate that.

I really think more offerings will become available on property this summer. Especially if/when the CDC updates travel guidelines for vaccinated people. Many like myself were waiting for shots before going anywhere. NY also announced the quarantine/testing requirements for domestic travel will end on April 1st. Things are adding up to a busier summer and I think more things will open up to accommodate that.

Is there a testing requirement to fly from Newark to Orlando and back again? Or is that just for international travelers?

Boat usual pre covid is GF to Poly to MK in a loop. WIth covid sometimes is only mk to gf depending on size of boat. The smaller ones only fit a few with social distancing.

Currently the CR dock is closed. You can go to WL via boat from Mk or bus from Mk.

You can walk from GF to MK to CR .

Or mono from GF to CR.

Hope that helps :flower1:

We did move from BC to GF in June ( assuming I’m vaccinated) I’m very excited. We are going to parks 3 days and 2 are MK so this is best choice with Poly being closed.

now I need to read up on the resort. Looks like so far we will like the beach pool most. We will have time to swim!

What's the bus stop at the Grand like these days?
We'll be staying at Grand Floridian at Easter time and it's going to no doubt be busy. Given that the Epcot Monorail isn't running, the bus stop now has Epcot busses to accommodate as well. The bus stop just isn't that big, and filled up in the early mornings pre-covid and it was always a bit of a free for all... wondering what they've done to keep it organized and distanced now? Do they have lines for each park so it's organized as to who is headed where?
With the busses not carrying as many people, I'm wondering how this is working? I'm reading on here that many recommend showing up to the bus stop 1.5 hours prior to park opening, to me that means lines will be forming at the bus stops for Epcot, AK and HS.

What's the bus stop at the Grand like these days?
We'll be staying at Grand Floridian at Easter time and it's going to no doubt be busy. Given that the Epcot Monorail isn't running, the bus stop now has Epcot busses to accommodate as well. The bus stop just isn't that big, and filled up in the early mornings pre-covid and it was always a bit of a free for all... wondering what they've done to keep it organized and distanced now? Do they have lines for each park so it's organized as to who is headed where?
With the busses not carrying as many people, I'm wondering how this is working? I'm reading on here that many recommend showing up to the bus stop 1.5 hours prior to park opening, to me that means lines will be forming at the bus stops for Epcot, AK and HS.

We were there two weeks ago. The bus stop was well run with extra buses heading to EPCOT. There is a spaced line that is sometimes followed, however, the buses are quick so there’s not a lot of waiting. We noticed the parks opened earlier than their posted times for resort guest only.

Hey GF people, less that two weeks away I'm trying to button down a couple of things and could use your help.

If I make dinner reservations at the Grand Floridian Cafe, is there a charge for same day cancellation?

If I book a cabana or a poolside patio, same thing, is there a charge for cancellation?

If anyone knows the policies I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Hey GF people, less that two weeks away I'm trying to button down a couple of things and could use your help.

If I make dinner reservations at the Grand Floridian Cafe, is there a charge for same day cancellation?

If I book a cabana or a poolside patio, same thing, is there a charge for cancellation?

If anyone knows the policies I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
I booked a cabana for March 28th and was told I have to give 24 hour notice or I would be charged. I know there is a charge for same day cancellation for dining, but there is a way around it. You can try to change your reservation to another day, if it is available, then cancel it. Sometimes that works. I have called the dining line and canceled a reservation and not been charged.

I changed my May dates again, since gf can’t join me. 4 days at GF and 4 at YC. I want to get a cabana for Memorial Day to avoid crowds at the parks and the Hunger Games at the pool lol. But the new dates work out way better, I get to keep my TPV. All I wanted if I can’t have my gf with me is to wake up on big 4-0 day and see the castle from my room and I get to do that with no stress about changing resorts that day.

Some current things in case helpful...

Attachments

• 32A9C300-3F31-4B35-BC6D-56C70DE1CAE1.jpeg
    32A9C300-3F31-4B35-BC6D-56C70DE1CAE1.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 61
  • D7BE7DBF-324F-44CE-A77C-F52803CD78DB.jpeg
    D7BE7DBF-324F-44CE-A77C-F52803CD78DB.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 5EDFF349-0441-4DC9-A2E6-42E44720B5F2.jpeg
    5EDFF349-0441-4DC9-A2E6-42E44720B5F2.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 60
  • B38985F3-FCCE-4527-876F-D2BB43E2C066.jpeg
    B38985F3-FCCE-4527-876F-D2BB43E2C066.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 583A2850-E137-4F92-AE7C-0378CA1B7CAD.jpeg
    583A2850-E137-4F92-AE7C-0378CA1B7CAD.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 60
  • A8CBF81C-DD0C-4280-9043-34835F2219D8.jpeg
    A8CBF81C-DD0C-4280-9043-34835F2219D8.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 5EC5A47A-4C3E-4ADD-8F5B-11685B670E84.jpeg
    5EC5A47A-4C3E-4ADD-8F5B-11685B670E84.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 58

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter