Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

You rock! Thanks.
Keep checking on the app. If not familiar the bottom in the center is a + sign. Tap that and then the top is check dining availability. The day before and day of there is lots of movement. Keep checking! I got California Grill for NYE the day of!

Also GF cafe , Kona at Poly and The wave at CR have standby . I think you have to be in close range to check but gf would be easiest todo. Again, it’s in the app.

Keep checking on the app. If not familiar the bottom in the center is a + sign. Tap that and then the top is check dining availability. The day before and day of there is lots of movement. Keep checking! I got California Grill for NYE the day of!

Also GF cafe , Kona at Poly and The wave at CR have standby . I think you have to be in close range to check but gf would be easiest todo. Again, it’s in the app.

Lol, I’ve been trying to figure out what the actual distance is for the walk up list. I joined CG from MK entrance and Narcoossee’s from Poly. Wonder how far away I’d have to get for it to not work?

Thanks so much for this tip! I was wondering how to use the standby feature. I used to sweat worrying about my FPs. Now, I am terrified trying to get ADRs at my 60 day mark.

Thanks!

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but we're going the week of 3/27 at the height of Spring Break and I'm picturing a scene where the restaurants from 6-7pm are crowded with distanced requirements causing long waits. It's why I'm trying to understand the Doordash or Uber Eats scenario at the GF, I'm thinking we may have to use a service like that multiple times and if it's no faster than the lines at the monorail restaurants, ouch.

Thoughts?

I’ve never used the food delivery services while on property but regularly use them at home due to credit card benefits and delivery times vary wildly depending on time of day, demand, even weather. During peak hours I can’t imagine it would really save you any time over the Disney options.

I’ve never used the food delivery services while on property but regularly use them at home due to credit card benefits and delivery times vary wildly depending on time of day, demand, even weather. During peak hours I can’t imagine it would really save you any time over the Disney options.

Thanks! We use it all the time here at home too, I’m just picturing a situation with thousands of guests in hotels and security and pandemic protocols causing major delays. Fingers crossed.

I agree. I got really into using Door Dash and Grub Hub during the lockdown. I like to call it supporting local restaurants. :laughing: I still do it about once a week. I have not used either at Disney, but at home I find the estimated times to be pretty accurate. I might try it when we’re there in June. It would be much more relaxing to place an order and wait by the pool for the driver to be nearby than to deal with some of the dining craziness we experienced in October (the dining situation at AKV was not good).

Hello. Does anyone know how long it takes to do a standard loads of laundry? Wash and dry?

@bigAWL..Great pictures! thank you for sharing....I am sad though to think of the GF lobby in the afternoons and evenings without the wonderful sounds of the GFSO...
@beesly While those pictures of the Poolside Patio do give you a good idea of the furniture and their configurations..in person it feels much more tucked away and private than it appears ...as you are entering the courtyard pool area it is off to the left corner.. and there are trees both in front and to the side of the cordoned off area....looking forward to hearing what your thoughts after you have tried it...IMO courtyard pool time is so lovely and relaxing! (especially with a sunshine Margarita in hand! :rolleyes1:drinking1)..lol..
I really really hate that the orchestra is gone! Honestly, it has changed my priorities as far as which resorts are my go-to ones.

This is really helpful, trishadono. I never knew you could do that.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed, that in better times, they’ll be back. I miss them too. ☹
I guess I didn't realize how much a part of the GF experience they were for me. I would like to know if there is a set schedule for the pianist if anybody has that info.

I guess I didn't realize how much a part of the GF experience they were for me. I would like to know if there is a set schedule for the pianist if anybody has that info.

When I was there in Nov/Dec., I asked the CM what his schedule was and they pretty much said he makes his own schedule. I believe it was every other weekend at that time. Not sure if anything has changed since. I just checked the website for you, and still no schedule shown. 🙁

GF Pianist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter