Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

For those that like the POG aka Jungle Juice (akl) or tropical punch GF cl. I found POG online and purchased for dd birthday this March. We will be at CR(will visit gf for sure).

It will be like having our CL favorite drink mixing with sparkling or wine. YUM!

We ALWAYS visit gf every visit. Ever since dd 1st trip age 1 in 1996 its a "must do Disney"!

That's wonderful! I did a VIP tour in October and we had a GREAT time. We were able to hit every park and do 14 (ish) attractions (we only did Frozen at Epcot)

Make sure you Son has a plan in mind as that will help it go more smoothly! (A piece of advice: eat beforehand and have a reservation for dinner in the park you're ending at! Stopping to eat would take time away from your tour time and we were STARVED by the end!)
Thank you for your advice. my son has canceled his lunch already. We were taking the grandchildren to the pool that afternoon. I am really looking forward to having the guide and I am happy my son is in a position to afford it! I have decided since they will be knocking off a lot of rides on Friday, I will rent a cabana on Sunday for a nice relaxing pool day!

DD loves cheese lol so we did the charcuterie 3 or 4 times. The sliders were good too! We staying at CR for her birthday in March but going to ER at night just because its the closest to CL of the mono resorts. Tambu at poly good too. The outer rim at CR is just kinda lame. Although for togo would be nice.
I had remembered you mentioning it @trishadono ! Thanks so much. I had wondered about those sliders (wasn't sure about brisket + blue cheese as a combo).... and who doesn't love a good Charcuterie??

As park hours shift, I am trying to be realistic about whether I really want to stay in a park until close if I'm going to be there at open. Especially since it's just me which means I can zig when the crowd zags. So I'm cancelling that 6 PM dinner reservation at Jungle Skipper and going to ER instead after all the rave reviews of the food!

I had remembered you mentioning it @trishadono ! Thanks so much. I had wondered about those sliders (wasn't sure about brisket + blue cheese as a combo).... and who doesn't love a good Charcuterie??

As park hours shift, I am trying to be realistic about whether I really want to stay in a park until close if I'm going to be there at open. Especially since it's just me which means I can zig when the crowd zags. So I'm cancelling that 6 PM dinner reservation at Jungle Skipper and going to ER instead after all the rave reviews of the food!

I was wondering what kind of slider that was lol

I'm teetering between GF or going back to Boardwalk for a possible December trip. Has anyone here ever stayed at both, and if so would you recommend GF over BW for holiday decor?
We've stayed at Boardwalk a few times before and really like it, however we are trying to stay at new to us resorts once in a while as well. We knocked Contemporary off the list 2 years ago and have Poly & GF to go, just trying to justify the cost difference between BW & GF. We'd be renting points, so staying at the villas (yup, assuming availability and all that)

Thanks!

I'm teetering between GF or going back to Boardwalk for a possible December trip. Has anyone here ever stayed at both, and if so would you recommend GF over BW for holiday decor?
We've stayed at Boardwalk a few times before and really like it, however we are trying to stay at new to us resorts once in a while as well. We knocked Contemporary off the list 2 years ago and have Poly & GF to go, just trying to justify the cost difference between BW & GF. We'd be renting points, so staying at the villas (yup, assuming availability and all that)

Thanks!
GF HANDS DOWN!!! It’s just so beautiful. If the Gingerbread House is back by then, it will be even more amazing!

D5BA06C2-B9B2-4983-B7C9-F65A7471EC07.jpeg

C06ABC27-471C-47D6-9BD2-ED723584B765.jpeg

993BEDB3-DF5D-40FD-9157-5C724902116F.jpeg

178049AC-897F-46E5-A79E-32D33767DA54.jpeg

Goodness you are quick, thanks so much! I am leaning towards the GFV.
Just wanted to add that GF plays Christmas music throughout the resort. If you get a lake view the speakers run along the lake. However just walking around you can hear it. It really gives the festive touch.

Also have done both at holiday time. Gf is better imo. Although wdw does a good job at all resorts for the holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter