Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

enhance

enhance

enhance
kimmar067 - Thank you for posting and sharing your pictures from the GF. The pictures bring back so many good memories that I had there with my family. Hoping to be back there again!

Lovely pictures as always @kimmar067. The GF grounds are so beautiful, they’re my favorite on property besides the Poly. Just so peaceful and pretty to walk around.

Disney - I have stayed at the GF a few times over the last few years. I know that in the past I have said I like Poly better and that I think the GF bathrooms are dated, but I take it back. Send me an offer and I’ll book, promise! 🤞
The bathrooms at GF are very outdated and really need to be totally rebuilt. The sink area doesn't have any shelves above or below the countertop, so the toiletries have no place to go. The tub area doesn't have a ceiling light, so you shower in dim light. The shower head in our unit was frozen in place and we couldn't change the setting. The bathroom is definitely due for a rebuild. :)

But, in spite of that, I would book a room at a 52% discount, if we had received the offer. :)

Last edited:

Does anyone know if spa will be opening soon?

I came here to ask as well. I’m thinking about staying at the Comtemporary and instead of getting park tickets on arrival day, I was considering getting there earlier than normal and going to the spa at GF since I’ll be so close.

I came here to ask as well. I’m thinking about staying at the Comtemporary and instead of getting park tickets on arrival day, I was considering getting there earlier than normal and going to the spa at GF since I’ll be so close.

If it is available again by your trip, make sure to use the whole day to chill. That’s the one regret I have from our first visit, because you get access to the facilities all day.

I really hope it’s back by our October trip. I still dream about the leg & foot massages we got last time.

If it is available again by your trip, make sure to use the whole day to chill. That’s the one regret I have from our first visit, because you get access to the facilities all day.

I really hope it’s back by our October trip. I still dream about the leg & foot massages we got last time.
What are the typical hours?

What are the typical hours?

Their hours are seasonal even pre-Covid so it’s hard to say exactly. We went on a mid-October trip a couple of years ago and they were open from like 10-7, we did our massages and pedicures at noon. They always tell you to get there at least 30 minutes early though so you can check in and get changed. We enjoyed the lounge. I am willing to bet that whenever they do reopen it will likely be reduced hours.

We were supposed to go again on our doomed trip last May, but made a point to have that be the only thing we were going to do that day, besides brunch at GF Cafe. Our first time, we left MK to do it as our break for that day, and by the time we walked back to our room at the Poly and got a little rest/freshened up we felt a little rushed trying to get to an early dinner ADR back at the park.

This is something different. Anyone get this offer email yet?

I last stayed at GF in May 2018 and got the email Thursday morning - forwarded it to DH with a comment that it "looked interesting," but really had no intention of looking any further into it. Curiosity got the best of me today - I found myself dialing the number during my lunch break "just to check" since I'm going to be taking time off around Easter anyway, and before I knew it I was booking an outer building 1-BR PV. It's about 48% off the rack rate, so effectively I'm paying 52%. My DD is going to be so excited! :woohoo:

The bathrooms at GF are very outdated and really need to be totally rebuilt. The sink area doesn't have any shelves above or below the countertop, so the toiletries have no place to go. The tub area doesn't have a ceiling light, so you shower in dim light. The shower head in our unit was frozen in place and we couldn't change the setting. The bathroom is definitely due for a rebuild. :)

But, in spite of that, I would book a room at a 52% discount, if we had received the offer. :)

I agree that the bathrooms need some refreshing. Would LOVE to have a handheld shower and more light. I disagree about the sink area though. We love being able to put 2 full size suitcases under the sink. We put both daughters suitcases in there so all their clothes are handy for dressing and it keeps the room more tidy. DH and I put our clothes and suitcases in the closet. We use the dresser top and drawers for food and such....lol

SO sad we did not get that email. I am guessing its because our last few trips were booked through a travel agency?? I guess it isn't meant to be. Oh well.....we are planning to wait until FP is back and hopefully no masks(among other things).... but still would be nice to have that temptation :rolleyes1

We use the dresser top and drawers for food and such....lol

SO sad we did not get that email. I am guessing its because our last few trips were booked through a travel agency?? I guess it isn't meant to be. Oh well.....we are planning to wait until FP is back and hopefully no masks(among other things).... but still would be nice to have that temptation :rolleyes1
The coffee setup was on the desk, which was inconvenient if you needed to do some work.

I would love to get the email with the discount. Our last two trips were through a travel agent, too, so maybe that had something to do with it.

because you get access to the facilities all day.
Just dreaming, I doubt the spa will be open in June. But. . .
I am not familiar with the spa at all. I couldn't find very much info online. I would love to surprise DD with a massage. You mentioned getting access to the facilities. What types of facilities are offered (were offered as the case may be)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter