Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I was at CSR during Christmas week and they were limiting the amount of people at the Dig Site. Never did get to go in due to it reaching capacity. I have an upcoming stay at GF and plan on using the main pool if we can. Are they limiting the amount of people at the GF pools too?

I was at CSR during Christmas week and they were limiting the amount of people at the Dig Site. Never did get to go in due to it reaching capacity. I have an upcoming stay at GF and plan on using the main pool if we can. Are they limiting the amount of people at the GF pools too?

No, I do not believe so! At least that wasn’t the case in December, and no one has reported otherwise since.

Last edited:
I saw! When I stayed at BC in Nov 2019 I only passed through YC to eat but I loved the lobby and I honestly prefer the food options on that side. I’m feeling really good about picking it for our split. Now I’m just worried I won’t want to leave GF!

We are actually debating getting a cabana at GF or YC since we likely won’t be able to get any of the other “extras” we usually do on trips (dessert parties etc). It feels a bit extravagant for just 2 people but this is a special celebration trip, lol.

I feel like we're two peas lol - I can tell you we loved our room at YC and I've never stayed at GF so we can compare notes :)

My sister and I will be at WDW this weekend for a quick trip. She had originally booked a standard view room at Coronado Springs. She received a call on Monday from Disney about switching to a deluxe studio at Saratoga Springs, which she declined because of the bed situation. She received another call from Disney yesterday asking if she would like a free upgrade to a garden view room at the Grand Floridian. So now we will be staying at the GF Friday and Saturday nights. I told her that she just improved our trip by 80%. :) I think that I am more excited about staying at the Grand than she is. ;)

My sister and I will be at WDW this weekend for a quick trip. She had originally booked a standard view room at Coronado Springs. She received a call on Monday from Disney about switching to a deluxe studio at Saratoga Springs, which she declined because of the bed situation. She received another call from Disney yesterday asking if she would like a free upgrade to a garden view room at the Grand Floridian. So now we will be staying at the GF Friday and Saturday nights. I told her that she just improved our trip by 80%. :) I think that I am more excited about staying at the Grand than she is. ;)

Definitely a nice bit of Pixie Dust!! I hope you have a great trip!

I didn't have any problems Oct Dec or Jan. Although I only use the courtyard pool. I did walk past the beach pool where slide is but it never looked crowded.

I have a reservation for Outer Building - Garden View and I requested a 2 queen room with a day bed... my boys will not sleep together. Can anyone help with the best building to request for this? Thanks! We usually stay YC, BC, BW... this will be a new adventure!

I have a reservation for Outer Building - Garden View and I requested a 2 queen room with a day bed... my boys will not sleep together. Can anyone help with the best building to request for this? Thanks! We usually stay YC, BC, BW... this will be a new adventure!
Good news is that GF almost all the rooms have that set up.

Look at the map of gf. All rooms facing the courtyard pool and most of Sago building are GV. BPK is nice to go to both pools. Otherwise the resort is not hard to get from one place to another.

Sago is better for bus .

Anyone know if the splash pad is open at The Grand?

Yep - it’s open. It was down for refurb for awhile over the summer/around reopening. Looked fresh and new when we were there in October.

We did notice it looked like the bucket may not have been dumping when we walked by a few times in December (we were staying at Poly but walked to/through GF a bunch). Not sure if that’s an ongoing issue or was just temporary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter