Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Actually I recognized Dan a RPC cm . So I had to ask! He said he thought cl back in a few months.
Who knows but I know he has worked up there long enough to want it back!
Ooh, thank you! Yes, Dan has been there for many years. You would think he would be in a position to take an educated guess, at least!

Here's the map of the amenities in the main building.

Mrsap, if you'd like, you can attach this to the first couple posts.

Attachments

• PXL_20210110_151814121m.jpg
    PXL_20210110_151814121m.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 52

We are getting ready to stay at the Grand Floridian villas for the first time and we are so excited. Is there a gym at this resort?

We are getting ready to stay at the Grand Floridian villas for the first time and we are so excited. Is there a gym at this resort?
Yes! Also it’s cross from the villas entrance so easy for you to get to!

I would look at the resort map now and get familiar where things are before arriving,They do have maps around the resort to refer to but it’s good to know some basics 1st.

I put a touring plans request for Conch and had our TA put it on the reservation too. We will see. I'm excited regardless! Especially since today I was able to make an appointment to get vaccine this weekend as an NYC employee. My gf is waiting for the next phase of Ontario's rollout because she is in a high risk group. I am feeling a lot better about this trip now.

Yes! Also it’s cross from the villas entrance so easy for you to get to!

I would look at the resort map now and get familiar where things are before arriving,They do have maps around the resort to refer to but it’s good to know some basics 1st.
Oh great thank you! I didnt see it on the map. Ill look again!

We took the pathway from MK to GF last Thursday and it was approximately .70 miles and 15 minutes from the MK exit to Gasparillas. The exit was next to where the touchposts are located. It was a very nice walk, shorter than I thought it would be. :)

Last edited:
Any news on when the Main Building will reopen? I am so sad that we had to cancel our Christmas trip this year but hoping for this coming Christmas.

I have been posting on yc thread if bored lol. It’s like the younger sibling to gf. It is very nice!

I saw! When I stayed at BC in Nov 2019 I only passed through YC to eat but I loved the lobby and I honestly prefer the food options on that side. I’m feeling really good about picking it for our split. Now I’m just worried I won’t want to leave GF!

We are actually debating getting a cabana at GF or YC since we likely won’t be able to get any of the other “extras” we usually do on trips (dessert parties etc). It feels a bit extravagant for just 2 people but this is a special celebration trip, lol.

Popping in to say "Hi!" DD and I have a split stay in June. We were originally booked at CR and YC. But with the CR refurb - we are now GF and YC. Last summer we were moved from YC to CR. This year it is CR to GF. I wonder what will happen next summer????

With all of the distancing and unknowns, we really wanted to be able to walk to the parks. The new walkway opened just in time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter