Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

In response to the question on GF buses, we are now en route to Epcot. We got to the bus station at 9:55 and were told we just missed the first bus a couple minutes before. We were the only ones there. Our bus came at 10:10, which was earlier than we expected! While we waited we saw two HS buses, an AK bus and right behind our bus was a Disney springs bus. There was a CM keeping track of who arrived first for which bus. Station never filled up—room on benches for everyone. I was very impressed at how efficient and orderly it all was!

Thanks! So I think about an hour prior to park opening should be good enough for us. We will only be need a bus to Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs while at the Grand. We will be at the Contemporary for our Hollywood Studios day. That's a whole other beast right there. Lol.

Thanks! So I think about an hour prior to park opening should be good enough for us. We will only be need a bus to Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs while at the Grand. We will be at the Contemporary for our Hollywood Studios day. That's a whole other beast right there. Lol.
True, but I will say, in hindsight we really wished we had caught that first but at 9:50ish—lines were already quite long by the time we entered Epcot (waited an hour for Frozen). I think bus arrivals are at a disadvantage to the parking lots and skyliner.

True, but I will say, in hindsight we really wished we had caught that first but at 9:50ish—lines were already quite long by the time we entered Epcot (waited an hour for Frozen). I think bus arrivals are at a disadvantage to the parking lots and skyliner.

What time did you get to Epcot? I thought it didn't open till 11. Were they letting guests in early?

What time did you get to Epcot? I thought it didn't open till 11. Were they letting guests in early?
Yes, no waiting at the gates—they were letting everyone in when we arrived. We were in line for Frozen by exactly 10:32 (have a time stamp from when I texted my DH). It had a posted wait of 90 minutes with the line ending in China, but it turned out to be 60 mins. Test track had a posted wait of 90 mins at 10:30 too but my DH said it was only half that.

Hi all! Does anyone have any info about concierge level? I was thinking of booking a trip and was curious as to what the changes are/have been relating to COVID.

Hi all! Does anyone have any info about concierge level? I was thinking of booking a trip and was curious as to what the changes are/have been relating to COVID.

Well, CL has not been offered since the resorts reopened. The only thing we really know is the statement on Disney’s website:
  • Club-level service is temporarily unavailable
Also CL rooms are not bookable.

TBD what that means in terms of an eventual return.

My personal guess is that with CR, GF, YC, and now CSR being the only resorts that are open that normally have CL, it’s just not something Disney wants to mess with at the moment both in terms of the COVID adjustments that would need to be made and cost cutting. They certainly could offer it if they wanted to (see Universal/Loews), but to date it seems it’s not a priority.

Hope that helps.

I am sorry if this was posted. But, is the laundry for DVC building open?
It should be. We used the laundry rooms on the non-DVC side this trip, and used DVC laundry at the Riviera when we stayed there in August, so no reason why it wouldn’t be open at GF.

Does anyone know if the mailbox is available? Either one at the resort or the one on Main Street. My mom wants to mail some halloween cards out while we are there.

We're back from our first ever stay at the DVC Villas at The Grand Floridian and I am hooked. We absolutely adore our home resort, The Polynesian, but the Grand Floridian has a completely different feeling about it. We were in room 1415, a Standard Studio, and it was an amazing view of the monorail and the Polynesian to the left. I would definitely request this room again. The only negative was the lack of usable drawer space. There were 2 drawers under the bed, but we could only pull 1 of them out because of the nightstand. We were also right around the corner from Laundry, so on a night we came back in early, I took advantage of using it to prevent from having a ton of laundry to do when we got home.

Thank you again, each of you for your valuable advice and input on these threads. It really helped in our planning and decision-making process.
We are already planning our return trip in May 🥰

Stayed in the Villas in room 1414. What a view! GF was top notch as usual and Disney in general is doing a tremendous job with making you feel as safe as possible. We had a blast; MK day, Disney Springs and an unbelievable meal at Narcoossee’s.

Attachments

• 9DFD6A87-902C-4F73-8679-393EF7BE8C65.jpeg
    9DFD6A87-902C-4F73-8679-393EF7BE8C65.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 2C343BC5-7C2A-4A0B-A84C-CD356A374AB0.jpeg
    2C343BC5-7C2A-4A0B-A84C-CD356A374AB0.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 3B0C6CCC-72EF-4F96-97F2-C3350624B0C9.jpeg
    3B0C6CCC-72EF-4F96-97F2-C3350624B0C9.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 18
Stayed in the Villas in room 1414. What a view! GF was top notch as usual and Disney in general is doing a tremendous job with making you feel as safe as possible. We had a blast; MK day, Disney Springs and an unbelievable meal at Narcoossee’s.

I’m happy you had a great time! What a beautiful view!! I can’t wait to get back to Narcoossee’s!! Happy to hear it’s still as delicious 😋 Would it be OK if I post a link to your pictures for the Grand Floridian Villas page? Also, just to confirm, is this a Studio? Thank you!

What's the best way right now to rope drop MK from the GF? Monorail or Boat?
We did mono. Be there 45 mins before rope drop. They will let you through security around x:23 and then hold you until the mono that will stop at MK opens.

For security you only hold up your bag and walk through, fast!

No umbrellas, metal etc and you good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter