• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

If by any chance you do decide to cancel send me a message please! We tried to book one on Saturday but they are sold out. No pressure of course--but if you are going to cancel maybe I can get on the phone and request it before someone else nabs it :)

No problem! According to DH though we are definitely doing it... we usually do something special each trip (spa, tour) but since those are all closed this was going to be our big splurge~

The four "real" cabanas at the Beach Pool get mentioned frequently, but these less so.

There is one "cabana lite" (or "Premium Seating" area, to use Disney's term) at the kids splash pad that is available to book. Comes with a small snack basket.
View attachment 531860

View attachment 531863

View attachment 531864

And there are two available to book at the Courtyard Pool:
View attachment 531868
Had no idea this existed! I would imagine it's ideal for a family that NEEDS to be near the splash pad.

Had no idea this existed! I would imagine it's ideal for a family that NEEDS to be near the splash pad.

Haha - yeah... it's a bit of a splurge and arguably not needed at all since I have never personally seen the kid's area chairs full. But the servers do tend to go there first before the regular chairs and you have the variety of seating options/a giant umbrella if you have someone who really needs to be out of the sun (although plenty of shade to be had w/ the regular chairs too, depending on the time of day). But definitely a good 'home base' for a full pool day depending on the kid's ages.

The four "real" cabanas at the Beach Pool get mentioned frequently, but these less so.

There is one "cabana lite" (or "Premium Seating" area, to use Disney's term) at the kids splash pad that is available to book. Comes with a small snack basket.
View attachment 531860

View attachment 531863

View attachment 531864

View attachment 531868

Would you mind if I used the splash pad seating pictures for Page 1?

FWIW, we did in-room dining twice and Gaspy's mobile order several times during our stay. I thought both were excellent options, although both required some patience during peak times. Saw lots of in-room dining CMs taking food back/forth to rooms from our balcony, especially in the mornings.

Just wondering, anybody know if the pools are ‘heated’ in the winter? 1st trip to WDW the first week of December and wondering if we should take swimwear....thanks in advance!

Just wondering, anybody know if the pools are ‘heated’ in the winter? 1st trip to WDW the first week of December and wondering if we should take swimwear....thanks in advance!

Yes, they are heated. Being heated right now actually. The Courtyard Pool was pumping out warm water yesterday morning - it was lovely. I found the Beaches Pool to be a little on the cooler side.

I'd bring swimwear, but of course things can be hit/miss that time of year. You can definitely have swim days and definitely have days where you might find it too cold. I actually hate having to pack for Orlando in that roughly Dec-Feb time... have to prepare for everything!

Yes, they are heated. Being heated right now actually. The Courtyard Pool was pumping out warm water yesterday morning - it was lovely. I found the Beaches Pool to be a little on the cooler side.

I'd bring swimwear, but of course things can be hit/miss that time of year. You can definitely have swim days and definitely have days where you might find it too cold. I actually hate having to pack for Orlando in that roughly Dec-Feb time... have to prepare for everything!

Thanks!

No problem! According to DH though we are definitely doing it... we usually do something special each trip (spa, tour) but since those are all closed this was going to be our big splurge~
Enjoy! We plan to ask to get waitlisted when we get there (if they have a waitlist) so maybe we will be cabana neighbors on Saturday :figment:

View attachment 531860

View attachment 531863

View attachment 531864

View attachment 531868
I did notice the seating area in the splash pad area yesterday when we passed by. I had never noticed that before.

Worth noting, only full day cabana rental is available right now due to Covid and sanitizing issues. We were able to apply AP discount though.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I updated Page 1 to reflect the new "Splashpad Premium Seating Area." I just got off the phone with a CM in Recreation and confirmed the pricing, as well as the amenities listed. They are the same cost as the Courtyard Poolside Patios, and include the same "extras", if interested. Thanks @GADisneyDad14 for allowing me to use your picture.

Definitely bring swimwear if you want to swim, it may or may not be warm enough. On our December trips the temps ranged from 21 degrees to 86 degrees, and everything in between. You have to be prepared for everything when going in early winter.

wishesqueen glad you had a nice trip. I understand missing the crowds, the pics of the empty GF lobby are so sad.

I'd bring swimwear, but of course things can be hit/miss that time of year. You can definitely have swim days and definitely have days where you might find it too cold.

Definitely bring swimwear if you want to swim, it may or may not be warm enough. On our December trips the temps ranged from 21 degrees to 86 degrees, and everything in between. You have to be prepared for everything when going in early winter.

Agree with both GADisneyDad & Maxie :thumbsup2

the pics of the empty GF lobby are so sad.

Very sad indeed :(

Can you order off the lunch menu for dinner at the GF Cafe? I’ve got my eye on a salad with shrimp but I see that’s only on the lunch menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter