• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We checked in yesterday and everybody has been so very nice and helpful. Not that it typically different, but this time it just seems to be a higher degree. We booked a lagoon view with my AP discount. I have never stayed here non-CL, so didn’t know what to expect and made no requests. We were assigned Conch Key 7211. Very nice room BUT there is a big ‘ole tree in front of the balcony. We couldn’t really even see the water. (Sorry, I did not take a picture). We walked back to main bldg and explained and asked if there was another room. Again, staff was very helpful. They found us a a couple of choices and showed us pictures of the view so we could choose. We moved over to Big Pine Key. We have a dormer style room, which feels so much larger than the standard, although I think it is actually a bit smaller. Will post pics of view later. We had dinner at GF Cafe, and that was very nice, followed by a drink at Enchanted Rose. (I realize how much I miss CL when I have to buy a drink, LOL. ) Happy to be back and so far we are feeling very safe. Disney is doing a great job.
I know right? Miss cl! DD and I arrive tomorrow but I arrive earlier. Ill be at the courtyard pool. I wear a blue MB but it has dolewhips all over it. Say hi if you there.

We doing ER tomorrow since MK closes at 6!

Actually seems in worse shape than before in terms of that weird temporary connection they had put in up by the monorail station, which has been removed.

We finally committed to BLT instead of VGF for our early Nov trip because the walkway was critical to us, but I’m so, so bummed. Still haven’t stayed at GF!! Guess we’ll go for 2021 (hoping for RPC!).

We finally committed to BLT instead of VGF for our early Nov trip because the walkway was critical to us, but I’m so, so bummed. Still haven’t stayed at GF!! Guess we’ll go for 2021 (hoping for RPC!).
Love RPC however we love BLT too! Enjoy!

Thank you! I’ve not stayed at BLT, only CR - but I saw your report from a few months ago, and it looked pretty delightful:). And at least I know RPC might be back when we return....

I really liked BLT when we stayed there in July (sure Disney, I’ll take a 2BR villa, if you insist). I have stayed CR plenty but never stepped foot in BLT. DVC doesn’t really work for me, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t spend a little time thinking about it after that trip. :-) We really enjoyed our stay there.

I really liked BLT when we stayed there in July (sure Disney, I’ll take a 2BR villa, if you insist). I have stayed CR plenty but never stepped foot in BLT. DVC doesn’t really work for me, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t spend a little time thinking about it after that trip. :-) We really enjoyed our stay there.
We’re not DVC either - but the space/kitchen was desirable due to the Rona. Which reminds me - darn. I really wanted that gigundo VGF shower!!!

We checked in yesterday and everybody has been so very nice and helpful. Not that it typically different, but this time it just seems to be a higher degree. We booked a lagoon view with my AP discount. I have never stayed here non-CL, so didn’t know what to expect and made no requests. We were assigned Conch Key 7211. Very nice room BUT there is a big ‘ole tree in front of the balcony. We couldn’t really even see the water. (Sorry, I did not take a picture). We walked back to main bldg and explained and asked if there was another room. Again, staff was very helpful. They found us a a couple of choices and showed us pictures of the view so we could choose. We moved over to Big Pine Key. We have a dormer style room, which feels so much larger than the standard, although I think it is actually a bit smaller. Will post pics of view later. We had dinner at GF Cafe, and that was very nice, followed by a drink at Enchanted Rose. (I realize how much I miss CL when I have to buy a drink, LOL. ) Happy to be back and so far we are feeling very safe. Disney is doing a great job.

Glad they were able to change your room and give you a better view! Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

DD and I arrive tomorrow but I arrive earlier.

Hope you and DD have a great time :goodvibes.

Darn! I check into a 2br villa later today and was really hoping the walkway was gonna be open. If anyone has any requests, I will try to entertain them. lol

Hope you have a great trip!! Please take pictures for us!!

We are 5 sleeps away from checking into the GF for the very first time on our very first Mother-Daughter trip...DD is 13. We are DVC Owners at the Poly and have never really had a chance to explore the GF...what is not to be missed??

We are 5 sleeps away from checking into the GF for the very first time on our very first Mother-Daughter trip...DD is 13. We are DVC Owners at the Poly and have never really had a chance to explore the GF...what is not to be missed??
We are arriving the same day as you!

Definitely have a table service meal at the resort—the food is great and restaurants are so pretty even though the offerings are currently limited.

The Courtyard pool is bigger but we prefer beach pool—the waterfall is so nice.

Take the monorail to MK but take the boat back to the resort—that way you skip having to stop at every other resort on the way back on the monorail loop, and with the earlier park closure the view of MK at sunset from the water is so pretty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter