Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I agree! Can you believe my Conch tree view was the same LV price tag as that Boca Chica view?!!
They should "upgrade" people to that view from garden view...only problem is that the garden view people would probably turn it down:rotfl:! Your 8203 view was gorgeous! I'll bet that is a TPV! TBH, I'm really afraid we won't have that much fun in the parks with the way things are, but I know just being at the resort will make me happy...so I really hope they come through with a good view for us! Do you happen to remember if that room had a connecting door? Years ago, we never really cared if it had a connecting door or not, but in more recent years, we have had some REALLY bad experiences with people in connecting rooms ( one that involved hotel security and moving to another room)!

I just got back yesterday. We had booked POFQ precovid and got called in February upgrading us to the outer building garden view. We were on the fence about going but that sealed the deal. We arrived on 4/15 and was placed in Sago Cay. We were surprised to see we were upgraded again to theme park view. It would have been great with fireworks, if only they were doing them. My 8 year old loved the slide and my 4 year old loved the kids water area.

We are glad we went and got to experience it but ultimately, it isn’t our cup of tea. We prefer French Quarter.

Attachments

• D6F036FD-67E3-4C8E-9B50-11B8A74A802D.jpeg
    D6F036FD-67E3-4C8E-9B50-11B8A74A802D.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 36
  • A459C493-FCEB-4560-AA25-E73E52C24418.jpeg
    A459C493-FCEB-4560-AA25-E73E52C24418.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 360458EF-DE28-40A3-8988-4D55F00865A6.jpeg
    360458EF-DE28-40A3-8988-4D55F00865A6.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 40
  • D794BD3C-C487-44DD-8B3C-3A8147BA80F1.jpeg
    D794BD3C-C487-44DD-8B3C-3A8147BA80F1.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DEEF0195-3A75-40F7-B48C-9F80A80641F0.jpeg
    DEEF0195-3A75-40F7-B48C-9F80A80641F0.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 117E42A4-83B2-4D5D-AB60-94939F5B783C.jpeg
    117E42A4-83B2-4D5D-AB60-94939F5B783C.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 16B75650-6D3F-402A-8A98-04D924D587E8.jpeg
    16B75650-6D3F-402A-8A98-04D924D587E8.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 39
They should "upgrade" people to that view from garden view...only problem is that the garden view people would probably turn it down:rotfl:! Your 8203 view was gorgeous! I'll bet that is a TPV! TBH, I'm really afraid we won't have that much fun in the parks with the way things are, but I know just being at the resort will make me happy...so I really hope they come through with a good view for us! Do you happen to remember if that room had a connecting door? Years ago, we never really cared if it had a connecting door or not, but in more recent years, we have had some REALLY bad experiences with people in connecting rooms ( one that involved hotel security and moving to another room)!

That thought crossed my mind (that it might actually be a TPV). I've been blessed with some awesome views at GF, so I guess it's ok that they gave me the (expensive) tree view this one time :laughing:. In my original post about the Boca Chica room, I think I did comment that I could sit on that balcony all day....it was just so peaceful because there was no walking trail/people traffic. I wish I could remember if it had a connecting door, sorry! Yikes, sorry about some of your experiences with that.....it does seem like most of my rooms do have a connecting door and it always makes me worry a bit (I use a door stopper at that door and our room door!). As far as the parks, we've been to Disney 3x since the re-opening and I think it's just a matter of timing and sometimes luck on the waiting time for rides, sort of like the buses lol. Some rides have been quick waits even though posted time was long, yet other rides have been just as long as the posted wait time.

I just got back yesterday. We had booked POFQ precovid and got called in February upgrading us to the outer building garden view. We were on the fence about going but that sealed the deal. We arrived on 4/15 and was placed in Sago Cay. We were surprised to see we were upgraded again to theme park view. It would have been great with fireworks, if only they were doing them. My 8 year old loved the slide and my 4 year old loved the kids water area.

We are glad we went and got to experience it but ultimately, it isn’t our cup of tea. We prefer French Quarter.
Could you see or hear the water pageant from your room? Just curious....

That thought crossed my mind (that it might actually be a TPV). I've been blessed with some awesome views at GF, so I guess it's ok that they gave me the (expensive) tree view this one time :laughing:. In my original post about the Boca Chica room, I think I did comment that I could sit on that balcony all day....it was just so peaceful because there was no walking trail/people traffic. I wish I could remember if it had a connecting door, sorry! Yikes, sorry about some of your experiences with that.....it does seem like most of my rooms do have a connecting door and it always makes me worry a bit (I use a door stopper at that door and our room door!). As far as the parks, we've been to Disney 3x since the re-opening and I think it's just a matter of timing and sometimes luck on the waiting time for rides, sort of like the buses lol. Some rides have been quick waits even though posted time was long, yet other rides have been just as long as the posted wait time.
I certainly hope they don't keep a record of past upgrades like "we gave them a TPV last time so we can probably get by with a tree view this time" 😆 ...of course I'm just kidding, I think! Thanks for the update on the parks. @trishadono has given me quite a few tips, but the biggest one is rope drop, and I don't know if that one will be possible for us lol! I'm just expecting to be disappointed so that maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when it turns out to be not that bad?? I remember reading one of your posts elsewhere saying that your first trip back after the parks reopened was your best one due to the fact you were so happy to be back, so I think that will be the case for me/us since we haven't been since the week before the parks closed! I have a picture taken at HS a few days before the parks closed and it was PACKED which is terrifying now that we know what happened!

So, today was my 60 day mark! Thankfully I remembered, since for two months I had it on the calendar for Thursday, then yesterday did the math again and realized I was off a day! :scared:

Anyway, I was able to book a cabana for my husband's birthday, so I'm very excited about that! We booked the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. He choose that over Narcoossee's or venturing to another resort, mostly in the hopes it will be a little quicker and we'll have a couple of evening hours to go back to MK. Hopefully it will be nice - I've heard good things about it although I did want to try Narcoossee's. I think he's going to have a very nice birthday! :cake:

On another note, the CM who assisted me turned out to be from a neighboring town and we had a couple of friends in common - It's a small world after all!

ETA: Also, I'm loving all the room view pics!

So, today was my 60 day mark! Thankfully I remembered, since for two months I had it on the calendar for Thursday, then yesterday did the math again and realized I was off a day! :scared:

Anyway, I was able to book a cabana for my husband's birthday, so I'm very excited about that! We booked the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. He choose that over Narcoossee's or venturing to another resort, mostly in the hopes it will be a little quicker and we'll have a couple of evening hours to go back to MK. Hopefully it will be nice - I've heard good things about it although I did want to try Narcoossee's. I think he's going to have a very nice birthday! :cake:

On another note, the CM who assisted me turned out to be from a neighboring town and we had a couple of friends in common - It's a small world after all!

ETA: Also, I'm loving all the room view pics!

So glad you were able to get the cabana! Out of curiosity, was the price what you had been quoted originally, or the higher price that they were charging recently?

So glad you were able to get the cabana! Out of curiosity, was the price what you had been quoted originally, or the higher price that they were charging recently?

Me too! It will be super relaxing and fun. We're going to bookend it with MK, so no transportation worries. I am reviewing my adult beverage choices as we speak!

It definitely was not the price I was quoted originally, it was the new higher price, however I did receive an AP discount, although even with that it was about $20 more than what I was quoted (quoted $249 in April, today it was about $270 with AP discount).

ETA: I've been checking out the cake chatter thread and I think I'm going to order a cake...

Last edited:
Looks like your post helped a lot of other people because I called my TA after seeing your post the other day and had her add Boca Chica to my requests lol. I'll take note of 8203. Sorry you had that view, but thanks for "taking one for the team!"

Beautiful view! Would you mind sharing the room number...you can wait until you check out if you want since we all know there are crazy people online (hopefully

We were in room 8415. I think any room facing the lagoon would have a nice view in the Boca Chica building. I took a good look at all the lagoon facing rooms in Boca Chica as I was on the walkway to the Magic Kingdom. There were no obstructions, such as trees, blocking any of the room views. If I had a lagoon view booked, I would consider requesting a room in Boca Chica. A lagoon view in Big Pine Key would give you a view of the lagoon with the Polynesian as a back drop. Boca Chica has a front and center view of the EWP. I think you may be able to see the water pageant from Big Pine Key when it is in front of the Polynesian, but I am not positive. I believe I have seen this from other people’s pictures. I don’t think the lagoon view rooms in Conch Key are on the same level, unless you are in the part that squarely faces the Magic Kingdom, but these would be considered MK views.

It definitely was not the price I was quoted originally, it was the new higher price, however I did receive an AP discount, although even with that it was about $20 more than what I was quoted (quoted $249 in April, today it was about $270 with AP discount).

Oh boo. I was hoping maybe it’d revert to the lower price after spring break! I’m still planning to book one when we go back with a few more family members anyway!

As an aside, for anyone else who might find themselves in the position of not having a valid AP until after arrival - I paid full price for the cabana in advance and then purchased an AP for my DD on the first day of our trip (I had canceled her AP for a partial refund last August so she was eligible for a new one), so I spoke with the recreation CM when we arrived at the cabana, showed them the new pass, and they were able to apply the discount at that time. I received a credit of $47.77 back in my bank account three days later.

A lagoon view in Big Pine Key would give you a view of the lagoon with the Polynesian as a back drop. Boca Chica has a front and center view of the EWP. I think you may be able to see the water pageant from Big Pine Key when it is in front of the Polynesian, but I am not positive.
We had a room in Big Pine Key that faced the Polynesian and we could see the EWP when it was i front of the Poly. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter