Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Following up on @mrsap’s post last weekend that the lobby pianist was playing, it looks like Disney has times in the app (I don’t think these were there before, but not totally sure). For anyone there now/soon, I’m curious to know if these are accurate.

8E2124F9-A012-4810-8092-A7A4A7F768C4.png

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I'm so sad that I couldn't get an ADR for GF Cafe for dinner when we go in less than 2 weeks....:sad1:

I'm so sad that I couldn't get an ADR for GF Cafe for dinner when we go in less than 2 weeks....:sad1:

Keep looking! We wanted to do a second night at Narcoossee’s and my kids wanted to add Chef Mickey’s for breakfast... I was able to get both within the week. Good luck!

Keep looking! We wanted to do a second night at Narcoossee’s and my kids wanted to add Chef Mickey’s for breakfast... I was able to get both within the week. Good luck!
....actually, we really want an ADR for Narcoosee's...

Has anyone done the walkway yet? How much longer does it feel than the walk from blt to mk?

It definitely felt like a longer walk... with fast paced walking, we made it back each time in around 10 minutes and around 15 minutes if we took our time. It’s such a beautiful walk, though.
Oh ok that’s not too bad at all. We always rather walk than take the monorail when we are staying at blt (I think it takes us about 8mins) so was thinking about giving gf a try.

Hey guys! So, we got back late Saturday night from our 14 day trip. I know you’ll hear people give a lot of negative reviews on these boards, but I have to tell you, we had an amazing time! We started off with 5 days at SSR and it seemed empty. The pool in our section (Springs), was never crowded. Thanksgiving dinner at Narcoosee’s was excellent!!! Tables at that restaurant, as well as any other restaurants we visited during our trip, were completely spaced out. I never felt uncomfortable at any point there or at the parks!
We checked into The Grand the day after Thanksgiving. If you were following along with my posts, it was pretty disappointing that first day. No music in the lobby, no music on property (other than at the beach pool) and no poinsettias/outdoor decor anywhere to even indicate that it was Christmas. However, that all changed and everything slowly came together! There was Christmas music pretty much blaring over all the speakers wherever you walked, which was so lovely! The lobby finally came to life with Christmas music, and even more special, the piano player appeared one evening! Of course, the orchestra can never be replaced, but it was definitely better than nothing. I felt that the cast members were exceptional! Every single person who worked there had a ‘smile’ on their face, and always greeted us back and waved if we were walking by or if we were to say good morning or hello. We struck up conversations with several cast members throughout our stay. I just felt like everyone was so happy to just be back! It was really nice to see! The pool was never overly crowded. We normally stay over at the Beach pool because my kids love the slide, and I love listening to music while I am laying out! However, since we had a few chilly days, we spent a lot more time at the Courtyard pool so we could use the hot tub, and also because the water was a bit warmer over there. The walkway was fantastic! It really is a lovely walk! The one night, I was so tired and wanted to just get back. There was a line for the monorail, and the boat was not back yet, so it was really nice to just be able to walk back and not sit around waiting for transportation. I’ll admit, most nights I was too lazy to walk back, so DD and I would take the boat, while the other two would walk back (well, actually they’d race us. We lost every time.)
We had a one bedroom in the villas and it was so spacious and beautiful! The cast member who cleaned our room did an amazing job and our room was spotless! I’m not sure what it is about The Grand, but I absolutely just love being there. Waking up there, walking the grounds and through that lobby, it’s just magical in so many ways for me. I can’t believe I have another year before I stay here again, with the way we do our trips, but I can promise you, I am already counting down the minutes. :cloud9:

(sorry so long)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter