Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Just back from a long weekend at the Grand Floridian. Couple of "new" items for me. First, I had an Outer Building 1 Bedroom Suite. I really enjoyed my stay in this room, located on the 5th floor of Sago Cay (building closest to the walking path and right next to Gasparilla Grill). The room had a living area and a bedroom area. The living room included a pull out queen sofa (with a surprisingly good mattress), a table with 4 chairs, nice window, large TV with storage/refrigerator underneath, and a Nespresso machine on a handy wheeled cart, large closet and full bathroom with shower and tub. The bedroom had 2 queen beds, balcony, upholstered chair, writing desk with chair, large TV and storage dresser, large closet, full bathroom with shower and tub. View from the room's balcony attached. Not shown in these photos (sorry)... the Contemporary and Space Mountain can be seen clearly from the balcony if you look to your left. Sago Cay Room 5517.View attachment 601272View attachment 601273View attachment 601274

Thank you for sharing with us! I added your picture views to Page 1. Happy you had a great trip!

I posted elsewhere a similar review of my experience with the Grand Floridian Poolside Patio at the Aquatic Play Area (splash pad) but thought I'd do here as well. I had had some doubts about booking this poolside patio, but the final verdict is that my group LOVED it. We had a group of 8 including adults, 20's, teens and kids. I booked for Sat August 28th after a late Friday night at Boo Bash. We all slept in, and made it down to the pool at about 11. Both pools were very crowded and it was great having dedicated space consisting of table with 4 chairs, 2 loungers, large sectional sofa, 2 large umbrellas and very attentive CM servers. Included in the price was a large cooler filled with ice, bottled water, Coke and Sprite. Snack basket included Lays Potato Chips, Doritos, Chex Mix and Pretzels. At times, family members went for a swim at the Courtyard pool or the Beaches pool and then returned to our patio to relax - it was no problem. The kids loved the splash pad area. For what it's worth to those (like me) that typically hang out at the Courtyard (quiet) pool, I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxing the splash pad area was. I had feared tons of "loud screaming kids", but no. There were parents with little kids, but the little kids weren't loud and weren't screaming. They were just having fun. It was a fairly peaceful locale, well situated and with a fun vibe. We were steps from the Beaches pool bar and could have easily walked over to order drinks, food, Mickey Bars, but the service was so great we never needed to. At $159 I found it a good value for my large group of 8 (value including my peace of mind while trying to herd and corral a multi-generational group through a very hot weekend at WDW).

Last edited:
Hello! If any of you are there now would you mind taking a picture of September’s activity/movie under the stars schedule?

I posted elsewhere a similar review of my experience with the Grand Floridian Poolside Patio at the Aquatic Play Area (splash pad) but thought I'd do here as well. I had had some doubts about booking this poolside patio, but the final verdict is that my group LOVED it. We had a group of 8 including adults, 20's, teens and kids. I booked for Sat August 28th after a late Friday night at Boo Bash. We all slept in, and made it down to the pool at about 11. Both pools were very crowded and it was great having dedicated space consisting of table with 4 chairs, 2 loungers, large sectional sofa, 2 large umbrellas and very attentive CM servers. Included in the price was a large cooler filled with ice, bottled water, Coke and Sprite. Snack basket included Lays Potato Chips, Doritos, Chex Mix and Pretzels. At times, family members went for a swim at the Courtyard pool or the Beaches pool and then returned to our patio to relax - it was no problem. The kids loved the splash pad area. For what it's worth to those (like me) that typically hang out at the Courtyard (quiet) pool, I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxing the splash pad area was. I had feared tons of "loud screaming kids", but no. There were parents with little kids, but the little kids weren't loud and weren't screaming. They were just having fun. It was a fairly peaceful locale, well situated and with a fun vibe. We were steps from the Beaches pool bar and could have easily walked over to order drinks, food, Mickey Bars, but the service was so great we never needed to. At $159 I found it a good value for my large group of 8 (value including my peace of mind while trying to herd and corral a multi-generational group through a very hot weekend at WDW).

Those PATIOS & CANANAS are worth every penny!
Thank you for your beautiful pics and great information👍🏼❣️

Hi everyone! I just upgraded our room from Lagoon View to TPV for our trip in October. I'm wondering if I could get some recommendations for building/room locations? After a quick look at TP hotel room views, I'm thinking of requesting 4th floor, Sago Cay as it looks like there is a pretty clear view of MK and CR, plus we would be close to Gasparilla's, the main building and the path to MK. Does that sound like a good request? Thank you!

Just switched my resort to Grand Floridian Lagoon View for early January. Hoping for a discount, but told myself I'd be OK if none are released.

Have wanted to stay at this resort for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories as a kid was going to a travel agency with my parents, and they showed us a brochure with images of the Grand Floridian. We could never afford to stay on WDW property, so my awe and amazement was followed up with disappointment and hope that one day I would take myself there.

The time has finally come.

Looking forward to being able to take a mid-day break from Magic Kingdom without battling the bus/monorail lines, and just sitting on my balcony and watching the boats go by.

Yes! Yes, it is!
But I’ve already have it booked for November’22.

buzlite, you are the sweetest Disser🥰 always thinking of others❣👍🏼
Not gonna lie. It's mostly selfishness so that we can little a lit bit vicariously through you! I don't think I would have been so excited to help someone with an All-stars basic room😅

Last edited:
Does the hotel side of Grand Floridian get discounted often? I may be misunderstanding, but it seems that Disney tends to release discounts only for resorts that have ample availability.

I got a discount off of Expedia for this month. They aren't offering it anymore, but I got a room for less than around $480 a night.

Any pix of the suite?

Any pix of the suite?
Here you go - pictures of Sago Cay Room 5517 - Outer Building 1 Bedroom Suite. Note that I moved the Nespresso machine on its wheeled cart from the living area to the bedroom area. It had been under the mirror near the dining table. I wanted to move it because I had someone sleeping on the sofa bed and didn't want to wake them in the morning. The wheeled cart was very handy. Disregard the rumpled bed... I hadn't taken these photos with posting in mind! Sorry no photos with the sofa bed extended, but there was plenty of room to walk between the extended bed and the TV area and it was very easy to convert back into a sofa in the morning. The "bedroom" area has a large TV. It's exactly like any outer building Garden View dormer room. Balcony view photos were in another post on this thread and were moved to Page 1 by the moderator. Balcony overlooked Gaspy's and the marina. Room 2.jpgRoom 3.jpgRoom 4.jpgRoom 5.jpgRoom 6.jpgRoom 7.jpgRoom 8.jpgRoom1.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go - pictures of Sago Cay Room 5517 - Outer Building 1 Bedroom Suite. Note that I moved the Nespresso machine on its wheeled cart from the living area to the bedroom area. It had been under the mirror near the dining table. I wanted to move it because I had someone sleeping on the sofa bed and didn't want to wake them in the morning. The wheeled cart was very handy. Disregard the rumpled bed... I hadn't taken these photos with posting in mind! Sorry no photos with the sofa bed extended, but there was plenty of room to walk between the extended bed and the TV area and it was very easy to convert back into a sofa in the morning. The "bedroom" area has a large TV. It's exactly like any outer building Garden View dormer room. Balcony view photos were in another post on this thread and were moved to Page 1 by the moderator. Balcony overlooked Gaspy's and the marina. View attachment 602739View attachment 602740View attachment 602741View attachment 602742View attachment 602743View attachment 602744View attachment 602745View attachment 602746
Thank you! I haven’t booked one because the pix I’ve seen it looked hideous. I love the carpets and less busy walls!

Chocolates are always good too!

Also I have been in Sago and looked across to that suite!

Thank you! I haven’t booked one because the pix I’ve seen it looked hideous. I love the carpets and less busy walls!

Chocolates are always good too!

Also I have been in Sago and looked across to that suite!
The chocolates with the handwritten "welcome" card were a nice touch! The suite was very nice. I liked the decor. It was calming, pretty, not overly "stuffy" or old-fashioned. I got room service one day and the CM did a great job laying the table (including full white tablecloth). In-room dining in a living room with dining area while seated at an actual table with 4 chairs was a very nice experience.

Does anyone know if there are fireworks views at Narcoosse’s? We currently have an ADR for Ohana and Narcoosse’s for our arrival night and after reading terrible review after terrible review for Ohana, am really considering dropping. But I never hear much about Narcoosse’s and we will be celebrating A LOT- 2 sets of anniversaries and 2 graduations. I thought fireworks would be a perfect touch. This is for our upcoming trip which begins in just a few weeks (!!!!) on the 30th!

Does anyone know if there are fireworks views at Narcoosse’s? We currently have an ADR for Ohana and Narcoosse’s for our arrival night and after reading terrible review after terrible review for Ohana, am really considering dropping. But I never hear much about Narcoosse’s and we will be celebrating A LOT- 2 sets of anniversaries and 2 graduations. I thought fireworks would be a perfect touch. This is for our upcoming trip which begins in just a few weeks (!!!!) on the 30th!

Yes, Narcoossee’s does have a fireworks/castle view! You can either watch from inside the restaurant (most tables along the windows can see) or when it’s time, there is a full balcony outside and you can go out to watch! I think their food and service is excellent. I’ve never had a bad meal there. We eat there at least once a year, sometimes twice. Enjoy!!

C269A053-9633-4D7B-8D97-651A31848EE0.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter