Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

From All Ears:

I noticed from one of the photos that there was a rocking chair on the deck. Would you happen to know if all cabins will have them? It would be a great idea to also have a lounge chair (or one that could be rented) on the decks. My family and I have been going to the cabins for the past four years and love it there. We will of course be returning.

ALL EARS: Rocking chairs seemed to only be on a couple decks. The majority had regular chairs.

I asked on the transportation board but got no responses, maybe someone here will have some tips.

About to take our first trip driving instead of flying. We will be staying at Fort Wilderness Campground, and visiting each park. Are there certain locations where it would make more sense to take Disney transportation- buses, boats, monorail than to drive our own vehicle?

Also is there a link that has this information all grouped in one spot?like a list of the fastest way to get to and from Fort Wilderness and all the parks? (Not looking for driving directions necessarily, wondering about method of transportation.)

Thanks!

The rule of thumb is that it's better (that is, faster) to drive everywhere except MK. From the Campgrounds, MK is a bit of a toss-up. If you drive to MK, you go to TTC and then need a ferry or monorail ride to get to MK. If not, you get your way to the boat dock (bus or walk, depending on your distance) then take the boat to the MK entrance.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about transportation and getting to Magic Kingdom early. We rented a golf cart and here's how I planned to get where I want to go. Does this sound feasible?

Magic Kingdom, day 1: Get on blue flag boat at 7:00, arrive at Contemporary at 7:15, walk to MK and arrive at 7:30, ADR at BOG at 8:00.

Magic Kingdom, day 2: Get on blue flag boat at 6:45, arrive at Contemporary at 7:00, ADR at Chef Mickey at 7:05

Last edited:
I'm starting to get a bit worried about transportation and getting to Magic Kingdom early. We rented a golf cart and here's how I planned to get where I want to go. Does this sound feasible?

Magic Kingdom, day 1: Get on blue flag boat at 7:00, arrive at MK at 7:30, ADR at BOG at 8:00.

Magic Kingdom, day 2: Get on blue flag boat at 6:45, arrive at Contemporary at 7:00, ADR at Chef Mickey at 7:05

That sounds perfect.

I just edited my post b/c I didn't make it clear that Day 1: Get on blue flag boat at 7:00, arrive at Contemporary at 7:15, then walk to MK and arrive there at 7:30.

I don't think the boat that runs directly to MK will get me there in time for my 8:05 ADR.

I just edited my post b/c I didn't make it clear that Day 1: Get on blue flag boat at 7:00, arrive at Contemporary at 7:15, then walk to MK and arrive there at 7:30.

I don't think the boat that runs directly to MK will get me there in time for my 8:05 ADR.

Sorry, I wasn't reading your original post closely enough. But yes, what you corrected will work too.

For those that have been to the refurbed cabins what furniture is now on the deck? I saw a partial picture that looks like 2 rocking chairs but is there anything else? Is the picnic table gone? I really love the rocking chairs.

That's a great question. I searched the Internet but came up empty handed. Rocking chairs would be a wonderful addition, though :thumbsup2

In the refurbed cabins, is there room for a twin-sized air mattress on the floor of the living room if the pull-out couch is open? I know the bedroom is too tight for it. I tried to look at the pictures that David linked to, but the site seems to be down.

In the refurbed cabins, is there room for a twin-sized air mattress on the floor of the living room if the pull-out couch is open? I know the bedroom is too tight for it. I tried to look at the pictures that David linked to, but the site seems to be down.
Also, are the mattresses in the bunk beds just regular mattresses? I was thinking that we might just put the mattress on the floor instead of bringing our inflatable one.

The site is down so I can't look myself! My tech support is working on it...

I never tried moving the mattresses on the bunk beds, so can't answer that. In the living room, the area where the easy chair is should fit an air mattress.

The site is down so I can't look myself! My tech support is working on it...

I never tried moving the mattresses on the bunk beds, so can't answer that. In the living room, the area where the easy chair is should fit an air mattress.
Thanks!! I'll try making a separate post about the mattress to see if someone knows for sure if it's removable.

Thanks!! I'll try making a separate post about the mattress to see if someone knows for sure if it's removable.

Yes, the bunk mattresses are movable.

As for an air mattress - we had a queen sized air mattress down in the living area when the cabins had Murphy beds. It was a bit tight though, lol.

The new layout with the sofa sleeper out would work just fine for a twin air mattress. The pantry is no longer there so the space along side is open.

Yes, the bunk mattresses are movable.

As for an air mattress - we had a queen sized air mattress down in the living area when the cabins had Murphy beds. It was a bit tight though, lol.

The new layout with the sofa sleeper out would work just fine for a twin air mattress. The pantry is no longer there so the space along side is open.
Thanks!!

One last toddler logistical question about the FW cabins - Are there highchairs or booster seats available for the cabins that I can request?

We have an ADR for dinner at Trails End. Is there anything to see and do at Fort Wilderness in the evenings (after dinner) besides the Camp Fire Sing Along & Movie? We have 2 teenagers and thought we would explore Fort Wilderness because we haven't been to that resort before.

We have an ADR for dinner at Trails End. Is there anything to see and do at Fort Wilderness in the evenings (after dinner) besides the Camp Fire Sing Along & Movie? We have 2 teenagers and thought we would explore Fort Wilderness because we haven't been to that resort before.
They have wagon rides that depart near Trail's End. It costs $8 for ages 10 and up and $5 for ages 3-9. The times are 6 and 830 PM. It is first come, first serve- no advance reservations. You can reserve a carriage ride for $45 for up to 4 adults.
You can explore the horse barn and see all the Disney horses and there are some neat displays there also.
There's a gift shop in that area also.
If you are there late, you can see wishes from the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter