Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Oh yes. Several of us. I had the Decorations Police come by and ask me to make some changes but all good. The place wasn't covered, but the decorations were plenty.

Had reservations for CBR from April 22 - 28th for 3. My youngest son (21), his girlfriend and myself. My oldest son (25) and one of my sisters decided to join us. Today I switched us to a cabin. It will be our first time staying at Fort Wilderness. Looking forward to a new adventure.

I've heard the same thing. Later than noon usually = additional day charged. But hey, always hope for some dust right?

Your squirrel pictures are killin' me :rotfl::p

We just booked our trip for the cabins today! We'll be there 11/4-11/11 and I'm doing my first Disney race... the Jingle Jungle 5k!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Good luck!! After that, you can tackle the Disney Princess Half ;) Y'all will love the cabins and the Fort!! Happy planning!

I somehow developed a reputation as being a squirrel fanatic over on the Camping Forum after a trip report back in 2012. I posted some things about the squirrels being crafty and stealing my bread and Froot Loops and it just got out of hand from there. It just stuck, so I kinda took it and ran. Kinda my calling card with the bunch over there. I usually flood my trip reports with squirrel pictures and have even labeled the group of squirrels in the 400 loop as the Squirrel Mafia due to their sneaky tactics.

Last edited:

Tiggerdad, the word on the streets in Fort Wilderness is the squirrel mafia has a wanted poster out with a picture of your camper on it. 50 lbs of peanuts reward for any information about Tiggerdad. Next week if they ask me, I don't know you!

We are thinking about staying in the cabins for the last half of our next trip and I'm wondering in the cabins receive daily room service! Thank you!

Tiggerdad, the word on the streets in Fort Wilderness is the squirrel mafia has a wanted poster out with a picture of your camper on it. 50 lbs of peanuts reward for any information about Tiggerdad. Next week if they ask me, I don't know you!

Appreciate that. Kinda upset them when I only brought 2 gallon containers of feed for them.

Would the Fort Wilderness cabins be a good fit for a family of 3 with a toddler? My husband and I are thinking of taking our daughter next spring, right around the time when she turns 3. DH and I are Disney vets, but this would be out first trip as a family of 3. We've never stayed at Fort Wilderness before (only at value resorts), and we're thinking that this would be a good option due to all of the fun activities at the resort, as well as the fact that it just seems like a relaxing place to stay, away from the overstimulation of the parks. Do you know about how long it takes to get from the cabins to the Magic Kingdom? Thanks!!

Would the Fort Wilderness cabins be a good fit for a family of 3 with a toddler? My husband and I are thinking of taking our daughter next spring, right around the time when she turns 3. DH and I are Disney vets, but this would be out first trip as a family of 3. We've never stayed at Fort Wilderness before (only at value resorts), and we're thinking that this would be a good option due to all of the fun activities at the resort, as well as the fact that it just seems like a relaxing place to stay, away from the overstimulation of the parks. Do you know about how long it takes to get from the cabins to the Magic Kingdom? Thanks!!
I think the cabins are a good fit for anyone! I especially love the extra space and the kitchen. If your toddler goes to sleep earlier, you have the living room area to enjoy and relax. I like the quiet and privacy you get with the cabin. No upstairs neighbors jumping around or banging on the wall while you try to sleep.
How long it takes to get to MK is going to vary depending on several factors. We rented a golf cart and only used the internal busses a few times. We never waited long for a bus those times that we did ride it. Then we took the boat to the MK. Once you are on the boat, it's a quick trip. Maybe 15 minutes. Your total time will depend on how long you wait at the dock too. We had pretty good luck getting the boat. Never seemed to take long.

Thanks! That sounds so nice! So the boat goes directly to the Magic Kingdom? Not to the TTC? Renting a golf cart sounds like a great idea! And my daughter adores golf carts, so it would be a win-win! So there's parking for the golf carts right at the boat dock? If so, that sounds very convenient!

Thanks! That sounds so nice! So the boat goes directly to the Magic Kingdom? Not to the TTC? Renting a golf cart sounds like a great idea! And my daughter adores golf carts, so it would be a win-win! So there's parking for the golf carts right at the boat dock? If so, that sounds very convenient!
Yes the boat docks right in front of the MK. And there is golf cart parking at the boat dock and at the other end of the campground where the busses are for the other parks.

Relax at Disney? That is something I will have to try out one day. LOL

It can be done...promise ::yes:: Of course I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth. We've been known to do 15 hour park days. HOWEVER, I will say that the Fort is an awesome place to relax and do nothing. We've actually gone to the Fort and never visited a park. The kids are content to cruise around in the golf cart, swim at the pool, go to the campfire each night and watch the outdoor movies. Tons to do! Oh...and I forgot to mention the Electric Light Pageant on the water - great to sit on the beach and watch.

Yup
Clean up every day and wink wink sometimes the ladies even wash your dishes for you if you've had to get away to the parks in a hurry.

Yep! Ours have always been washed. Now that being said, we didn't have mounds of dishes...just cereal bowls and glasses.

We just booked our FW cabin for the first week in June! We've never stayed at FW before, but I feel like it's been calling to me for years ;)

I read on another site that the cabins are going through a refurb. I'm especially wondering about the new microwave/oven combo. We booked the cabin specifically so we could bring frozen, pre-cooked meals to heat up in the oven to save money. Does anyone know if I will be able to put/fit an aluminum lasagna pan in there? What about a full size frozen pizza? I think the new cabins look lovely, but I hope they didn't take away something that made it special and appealing to large families.

Would love your thoughts.

MCB

We just booked our FW cabin for the first week in June! We've never stayed at FW before, but I feel like it's been calling to me for years ;)

I read on another site that the cabins are going through a refurb. I'm especially wondering about the new microwave/oven combo. We booked the cabin specifically so we could bring frozen, pre-cooked meals to heat up in the oven to save money. Does anyone know if I will be able to put/fit an aluminum lasagna pan in there? What about a full size frozen pizza? I think the new cabins look lovely, but I hope they didn't take away something that made it special and appealing to large families.

Would love your thoughts.

MCB
I'm interested in the same. I'm following this website and he is promising to post an extensive review soon where he tries out cooking many things in the new oven. Here's the link

http://**************.net/2016/02/01/quick-update-on-the-fort-wilderness-cabin-refurb/

I'm interested in the same. I'm following this website and he is promising to post an extensive review soon where he tries out cooking many things in the new oven. Here's the link

http://**************.net/2016/02/01/quick-update-on-the-fort-wilderness-cabin-refurb/

Hey! So funny. I actually posted on that site in the comment section asking the same question as I did above.

He just answered it, complete with photo of the inside of the microwave! Great info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter