Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Is there a list of what cabins have been renovated, and which ones have not? I have seen various updates over the past 6 months or so and I was wondering if there was a place to confirm. The CMs don't seem to have that information.

Last I read they were working on the final loop, 2800, and all other loops were complete.

What would be the fastest way to get from Mickey's Backyard BBQ to Epcot? Do boats or busses come more frequently? These are the 3 options I'm contemplating:
1. Boat to MK or CR and hop on the monorail?
2. Bus to WL and pick up a bus to Epcot?
3. Internal FW bus to front of resort, bus to Epcot?
Thank you!!!

The Meadow Kiddie Pool at Fort Wilderness will close permanently tomorrow, June 27, 2016.

What would be the fastest way to get from Mickey's Backyard BBQ to Epcot? Do boats or busses come more frequently? These are the 3 options I'm contemplating:
1. Boat to MK or CR and hop on the monorail?
2. Bus to WL and pick up a bus to Epcot?
3. Internal FW bus to front of resort, bus to Epcot?
Thank you!!!

I also would be curious about this questions, and I'd like to add the 4th option of driving our own car to EP. We're doing MBYBBQ on check-in day, and considered doing some of EP that day to get one top-tier ride out of the way.

The bus to Epcot and/or driving yourself, is very quick to/from FW. The advantage of the bus Vs. driving is you won't then have to take a tram from the parking lot. The bus would be my first choice.

The bus to Epcot and/or driving yourself, is very quick to/from FW. The advantage of the bus Vs. driving is you won't then have to take a tram from the parking lot. The bus would be my first choice.
Thank you! Would the orange route be the best, or should we just opt for whichever comes first?

The walking path from FW to WL - is it pretty clearly marked? About how long of a walk is it? TIA!

I have not done the paved path as I took the "wilderness" path by the lake but with construction of the new cabins for the Villas, that is now closed. I do remember seeing the paved patch clearly from WL when taking the bus between WL and FW. I think the path would be about 1 mile from WL to the BBQ so I would allow about 20 minutes.

I have not done the paved path as I took the "wilderness" path by the lake but with construction of the new cabins for the Villas, that is now closed. I do remember seeing the paved patch clearly from WL when taking the bus between WL and FW. I think the path would be about 1 mile from WL to the BBQ so I would allow about 20 minutes.
Thank you.

Just wanted to say hello. I'm fairly new here and we're staying in a cabin for the first time later this month, so hoping to get lots of tips and info :-)

Just wanted to say hello. I'm fairly new here and we're staying in a cabin for the first time later this month, so hoping to get lots of tips and info :-)

Hey! Try using the Camping board too as there are lots of 'Fort fanatics' who are full of useful information about the cabins and Fort Wilderness in general. I've been gleaning lots of tips from them.

The walking path from FW to WL - is it pretty clearly marked? About how long of a walk is it? TIA!

The paved path from/to WL-FW is still open. The wooded path that runs along Bay Lake is closed due to construction. When staying at WL, I usually run the path down through FW daily and it's never crowded. You can also bike along it and I've seen the occasional skateboarder and rollerblader. No golf carts are allowed.

One thing to keep in mind, the path is not illuminated so you can't see your hand in front of you in the dark. I discovered this years ago trying to run before sunrise. I had to turn around and go to the gym instead. The path is not very long and walking it takes about 15 minutes. After it ends, you can continue on some wood chips near the stable and ponies, go by the Pioneer Hall bus stop, cross the street and head back along the sidewalk that will take you around FW and eventually, back to the trail. This route is much longer than just the concrete path.

From FW, the path starts where the stable with the draft horses is located, right near Pioneer Hall, the Pavilion, and marina area. It's marked "EXERCISE TRAIL" on this map from POST 4:

7b714e5f-77d3-4980-ad2d-38fd580c5be4_zps6ea72d51.gif

There's usually wildlife along the path and it's very wooded and pleasant. I have photos of the trail, stables and horses being shod HERE in the WL thread.

The paved path from/to WL-FW is still open. The wooded path that runs along Bay Lake is closed due to construction. When staying at WL, I usually run the path down through FW daily and it's never crowded. You can also bike along it and I've seen the occasional skateboarder and rollerblader. No golf carts are allowed.

One thing to keep in mind, the path is not illuminated so you can't see your hand in front of you in the dark. I discovered this years ago trying to run before sunrise. I had to turn around and go to the gym instead. The path is not very long and walking it takes about 15 minutes. After it ends, you can continue on some wood chips near the stable and ponies, go by the Pioneer Hall bus stop, cross the street and head back along the sidewalk that will take you around FW and eventually, back to the trail. This route is much longer than just the concrete path.

From FW, the path starts where the stable with the draft horses is located, right near Pioneer Hall, the Pavilion, and marina area. It's marked "EXERCISE TRAIL" on this map from POST 4:

7b714e5f-77d3-4980-ad2d-38fd580c5be4_zps6ea72d51.gif

There's usually wildlife along the path and it's very wooded and pleasant. I have photos of the trail, stables and horses being shod HERE in the WL thread.
Thanks so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter