• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's "Earth" Movie - Earth Day Release

You're right. (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44285). While it looks like the "story lines" will be different, a lot of the footage is the same. Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to Earth as well as the future movies coming from Disney Nature. And considering the True Life Adventures done by Walt, I think he would be proud.

awesome.. thanks for the info! I agree... I figured Disney would put a little spin on the stories. I am sure they will be great!

I wonder how many people will be flying or driving SUVs to get to DW to see it...

It is not a WDW attraction.
It's a film being released to theaters.

I am pretty sick of the whole "green" thing.

The "going green" campaigns won't continue to be the "bandwagon issue" for very long.

Rumor has it this will be the first of many Disney Nature films to come! :woohoo:

not a rumor. it's actually not even the first Disneynature film technically, just the first to be released in the US.

there's a whole series planned out and being filmed as i type this. there's one on flamingos, chimpanzees, big cats and more.

there's also a way to get a free reuseable bag from the disney store by seeing the movie. you can PM me for info if desired.

I've merged two duplicate threads together. Since this thread isn't directly about the theme parks, it's been put here on the Theme Parks Community board. :)

I am just hoping it's not sad. It looks gorgeous but I really hope there aren't animals being killed or suffering. I get too emotional.

Teresa

me,too! We're taking our 4th and 5th grade classes to see it on Earth Day for their class trip. I told my class that I might have to close my eyes alot if there are scenes of suffering or danger! They're suitably excited since they have been "Disneyfied" after a year with me!:teacher::mickeyjum

My son just brought home a permission slip for this movie. His class is going to see it at the end of the month. I'm jealous!

I'm very excited about the movie. I bought the song from the trailer too!
I also love how they use Mufasa's voice for the trailer!

You should check out Star Wars... they use Mufasa's voice too... for the bad guy, Darth Vader ;)

me,too! We're taking our 4th and 5th grade classes to see it on Earth Day for their class trip. I told my class that I might have to close my eyes alot if there are scenes of suffering or danger! They're suitably excited since they have been "Disneyfied" after a year with me!:teacher::mickeyjum

We're taking our 3rd, 4th, and 5th! A little off topic, but the fed ex man came after school hours to deliver the tickets. I was there and heard the bell ringing, so I ran down to let him in. He said, "I have a package for (my name.) It's from Disney!" I didn't realize that the tickets would be delivered, and I was sure I won a trip to Disney from one of the many contests I entered! My coworkers were laughing so hard when we learned they were our tickets for the movie.

My wife and I were lucky enough to see a special showing of "earth" earlier this week. :banana:

WARNING SEMI-SPOILERS AHEAD

We are fans of the Planet Earth series that was shown on the Discovery Channel and own the DVD series. We were both excited about the film. If you are a fan of Planet Earth you will love the film. However, a LOT of the same footage is used from the tv series, this was good and bad. The movie is basically an extended version of the first film in the series "Pole to Pole". I was hoping for new footage but seeing the spectacular scenes on the big screen in surround sound made for a good movie, the theater shook during a stampede scene. We were sitting in the first row (theater was PACKED an hour before the show) and it felt like an imax experience. There is a new musical score and narration so it is not identical to Planet Earth. We loved the music from Planet Earth and the new musical score was even better! Warning to parents with young kids, there is a lot of 'death' portrayed as the circle of life. It is not gory but animals do die, including slow motion 'capture' scenes (beautifully shot scenes by the way). There were definately some sad kids in the audience. Suprisingly there is no strong message or real story but is more about documenting the seasons that change our planet and all who live on it. Overall a good movie and go see it to support the planet! Just sit back, relax, learn something and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us. popcorn::

Be sure to stay for the credits, especially the very end. :thumbsup2

Rumor has it this will be the first of many Disney Nature films to come! :woohoo:

How long was the movie? I'm trying to figure out when to schedule it in our busy week.

I can't wait to see this! Earth Day happens to fall while I'm going to be home visiting my parents- my Mom doesn't know it yet but we're going to the Cincinnati Zoo for Earth Day and then going to see this movie! LOL!

thread moved again I guess.

anyway, I just saw it. I don't have an exact length, but it's just shy of 90 minutes, probably 88 or so to be precise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter