• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's "Earth" Movie - Earth Day Release

I'm very excited about the movie. I bought the song from the trailer too!
I also love how they use Mufasa's voice for the trailer!

Oh yes me!! Its also my birthday, so I told DH that, this is what I want for my birthday this year!!!

I'm super excited. I remember when I first saw the trailer. I can't wait :)

I'm super excited about it! We'll definitely be going to see it to celebrate Earth Day :thumbsup2

I'm extremely excited about this film!! :hippie:

However, I find it funny that it's drawing crowds indoors on Earth Day! :lmao: I'm cool with it though, because the next day August and I are hiking a mountain! :goodvibes

Already bought the tickets, just call that ol' tree Jinxie.

Well...um...not very excited. However, I'd like to see it, nonetheless.

Now, count me "excited" to see the new Star Trek and Terminator films! :thumbsup2

I am just hoping it's not sad. It looks gorgeous but I really hope there aren't animals being killed or suffering. I get too emotional.

Teresa

I wonder how many people will be flying or driving SUVs to get to DW to see it...I am pretty sick of the whole "green" thing. I believe in recycling and being a good steward. Thats about it. It does appear the movie will be good though.

I am really looking forward to seeing it!!!!! It looks like it will be awesome!

I saw a preview for this and I suppose Disney got the rights to this footage but we have the Planet Earth series and there are many of the same scenes.. I mean the VERY same scenes.... anyone know about this?

I saw a preview for this and I suppose Disney got the rights to this footage but we have the Planet Earth series and there are many of the same scenes.. I mean the VERY same scenes.... anyone know about this?

You're right. (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44285). While it looks like the "story lines" will be different, a lot of the footage is the same. Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to Earth as well as the future movies coming from Disney Nature. And considering the True Life Adventures done by Walt, I think he would be proud.

My wife and I were lucky enough to see a special showing of "earth" earlier this week. :banana:

WARNING SEMI-SPOILERS AHEAD

We are fans of the Planet Earth series that was shown on the Discovery Channel and own the DVD series. We were both excited about the film. If you are a fan of Planet Earth you will love the film. However, a LOT of the same footage is used from the tv series, this was good and bad. The movie is basically an extended version of the first film in the series "Pole to Pole". I was hoping for new footage but seeing the spectacular scenes on the big screen in surround sound made for a good movie, the theater shook during a stampede scene. We were sitting in the first row (theater was PACKED an hour before the show) and it felt like an imax experience. There is a new musical score and narration so it is not identical to Planet Earth. We loved the music from Planet Earth and the new musical score was even better! Warning to parents with young kids, there is a lot of 'death' portrayed as the circle of life. It is not gory but animals do die, including slow motion 'capture' scenes (beautifully shot scenes by the way). There were definately some sad kids in the audience. Suprisingly there is no strong message or real story but is more about documenting the seasons that change our planet and all who live on it. Overall a good movie and go see it to support the planet! Just sit back, relax, learn something and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us. popcorn::

Be sure to stay for the credits, especially the very end. :thumbsup2

Rumor has it this will be the first of many Disney Nature films to come! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter