Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from a stay in the Tower. They “upgraded” us from a preferred in Casita (have no idea why) but we accepted it. We were on the 4th floor. Although the tower is beautiful and convenient, it was PACKED with LOUD convention goers and it did not feel like a Disney Vacation (not like in a typical
Moderate, which we enjoy). The bus service was excellent and the food at Three Bridge's was good, but the biggest disappointment was the smell of marijuana throughout our floor, in the elevator areas, and even outside. It was brutal! I don’t know if this is the norm now, but it was definitely noticeable and annoying for those of us who don’t smoke and hate the smell. Would not stay in the tower again.

Just got back from a stay in the Tower. They “upgraded” us from a preferred in Casita (have no idea why) but we accepted it. We were on the 4th floor. Although the tower is beautiful and convenient, it was PACKED with LOUD convention goers and it did not feel like a Disney Vacation (not like in a typical
Moderate, which we enjoy). The bus service was excellent and the food at Three Bridge's was good, but the biggest disappointment was the smell of marijuana throughout our floor, in the elevator areas, and even outside. It was brutal! I don’t know if this is the norm now, but it was definitely noticeable and annoying for those of us who don’t smoke and hate the smell. Would not stay in the tower again.
People think their vapes don't smell or linger... They do.

That’s crazy! Did you talk to the front desk about moving to a new floor? That would have been my first stop. I’ve had many Tower stays, never had one where it smelled like marijuana like you described.

I had someone in the connecting room next to me start smoking my last trip and the hotel took immediate action- but in that case I was able to say exactly which room it was.

I have a question about transportation and I apologize in advance as I'm sure it's been answered before, but there's 70 pages here lol. I looked at the opening post which talked about transportation but it didn't specifically answer my question. I was thinking about staying at Grand Destino Tower But what I wanted to know is what was the order of the buses for when you're leaving the parks. The opening post talks about how grand destino Tower is last in the morning for when you're going to the parks, but is it also last for when you're returning back to the resort say from Magic Kingdom or whatever? I don't really care about the mornings when I go to the parks because I always take Lyft in the morning anyway. But when I come back to my resort at the end of the day I often do use the bus transportation and I just wanted to know if grandestino tower is always last for drop off at the end of the day coming back from the parks.

It is the last stop both ways. But honestly although it’s a large resort it isn’t really that much longer
Thank you! It's good to know. I don't usually stay at any of the resorts that have all those multiple stops because I do kind of hate that. Like last year I thought it would be simple to take the bus from Magic Kingdom to Port Orleans Riverside, I wasn't staying there but I had dining reservations at boatrights, and though I knew there would be multiple stops, I didn't realize the main hub would be last but I also just didn't factor in that it would take as incredibly long time as it did to cycle through the bus stops, and I was very late for my reservation, they of course still accommodated me because it isn't a restaurant that gets too incredibly busy but I was very stressed out lol. I mean I think from the time the magic kingdom bus picked us up to the time they finally arrived at the Riverside main hub stop for the restaurant was at least an hour. I guess it was just bad luck and a lot of traffic

It is the last stop both ways. But honestly although it’s a large resort it isn’t really that much longer
I agree with this!

Recently stayed at GDT and was a bit apprehensive about the multiple bus stops at CSR (all the other Disney resorts I've stayed at in the past only had a single bus stop). Turned out I shouldn't have worried at all... When returning to GDT the Disney buses got around the bus stops really quickly and I never had to wait too long before getting to the GDT stop. At the very end of the night (not many people on the bus) the CMs would ask which stops we were going to and only stop at those stops too.

A couple of times I dropped off at the Casitas bus stop (first stop from the parks) and walked back to GDT from there. Quite a pleasant walk with the food court along the way too!

If I don't remember wrongly, the Disney Springs buses stop at GDT as the first stop (as opposed to the last stop for the parks buses)...

And honestly it's better since you're not having to fight your way through everyone else like you do at the first or second stop. There were times I'd stay on through that stop and just walk across the bridge to my room in the Casitas area because it was easier to walk than fight my way off (Casitas is the first stop).

we usually stay in the Ranchos section and use bus stop #3 which is the 2nd stop. Never had to fight to check on or off at that stop in the last 6 or 7 times we have stayed there. I guess we have been lucky. We have gotten off at the tower stop and few times, now thats a wild time usually, except for midday when not much traffic coming back from the parks.

On our recent stay at the Tower in February both my wife and I agreed that Coronado had the best bus service, by far, of any moderate resort we have stayed at. Yes we were last for pick-up and drop-off, but there was almost 0 waits for busses and the stops were very quick! We timed it one night in a return from MK and it was 10 minutes to drop off at the tower after arriving and making the other three stops!

At the very end of the night (not many people on the bus) the CMs would ask which stops we were going to and only stop at those stops too.
They do that during the day too. When I stayed in the tower most of the time I took my midday breaks we rarely made all the stops. Driver would always ask us where we were headed and a few times it was just tower guests and they took us straight there if no one was waiting at the stops to get on.

We just stayed one night to begin our trip for the first time before we started the parks. Just hung around the resort/pool all day. We really enjoyed the resort. We were in casitas 5. It was quiet back there and a nice location to the food court. The casitas pool was also nice and relaxing. We enjoy Yacht club because of the ability to walk and be on your own schedule to two parks, but I could see us giving this a try if we want to save money in the future. We really enjoyed the vibe of the resort.

Anyone get distilled water from either the gift shop or someplace else here recently? Coming next week and will need some - never needed it during a stay here as we haven’t stayed at Coronado since we stayed in the old business class building. Super excited about coming to the new and improved CSR but definitely need a gallon of it for cpap. Won’t be ordering groceries as the distilled water is all I need. Thanks

Anyone get distilled water from either the gift shop or someplace else here recently? Coming next week and will need some - never needed it during a stay here as we haven’t stayed at Coronado since we stayed in the old business class building. Super excited about coming to the new and improved CSR but definitely need a gallon of it for cpap. Won’t be ordering groceries as the distilled water is all I need. Thanks
I don't know specifically about CSR, but have definitely got some at CBR, POR, POFQ, AKL and BWI. I think your odds are pretty good.

I don't know specifically about CSR, but have definitely got some at CBR, POR, POFQ, AKL and BWI. I think your odds are pretty good.

Yes thank you and I know I could pick one up at another hotel as I have gotten it at several too, so that’s an option. I was surprised on a universal trip that Royal pacific hotel didn’t have it and now I have a degree of paranoia but every time I needed it at Disney they have had it. Thank you.

Yes thank you and I know I could pick one up at another hotel as I have gotten it at several too, so that’s an option. I was surprised on a universal trip that Royal pacific hotel didn’t have it and now I have a degree of paranoia but every time I needed it at Disney they have had it. Thank you.
Yes. They have it. If it's not out for purchase, just ask a cast member. They keep it on hand.

On our recent stay at the Tower in February both my wife and I agreed that Coronado had the best bus service, by far, of any moderate resort we have stayed at. Yes we were last for pick-up and drop-off, but there was almost 0 waits for busses and the stops were very quick! We timed it one night in a return from MK and it was 10 minutes to drop off at the tower after arriving and making the other three stops!
I was very impressed by the bus service when I was there in February too!

I think I also really liked how well located CSR is... it was so close to DHS/Epcot/AK, and it had a very direct route to get to MK too. So it was really fast to get between CSR and the parks.

The only time there was a bit of a longer wait was at Epcot after fireworks. Even then there was a CM at the bus stop who said she had informed someone about needing buses back to CSR, and it wasn't too long before a bus came.

I was very impressed by the bus service when I was there in February too!

I think I also really liked how well located CSR is... it was so close to DHS/Epcot/AK, and it had a very direct route to get to MK too. So it was really fast to get between CSR and the parks.

The only time there was a bit of a longer wait was at Epcot after fireworks. Even then there was a CM at the bus stop who said she had informed someone about needing buses back to CSR, and it wasn't too long before a bus came.

Glad to hear the bus service is still good.

I think a lot of people see "Animal Kingdom resort area" and erroneously think CSR is in Timbuktu when it's actually one of the more centrally located resorts on property. It's nearly a straight shot to MK too--I timed it one rope drop morning and from the tower stop to MK bus depot it was 9 minutes total. I was honestly floored.

There was a similar issue with post-HEA fireworks when I stayed at the tower in 2021, but once they figured out the logistics they sent bus after bus to come get us. I just had to assume it was because it was Fourth of July weekend and fireworks had only just come back .

I have a question about coffee options at CSR. I see a lot of specialty coffee beverages at various locations throughout the resort, but can the specialty beverages be prepared decaf, or is plain decaf coffee the only decaffeinated option? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter