Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

I did a quick search (but didn't manually go through each post in this thread to be sure) and didn't find an answer to this question: is there a way to see the Laundryview for Gran Destino? When looking at the site/app, the only options for the entire resort are the 3 spots by the pools.

I just looked and I cant find it either. I did find a post there is laundry on 3rd floor of GDT but no view apparently.
If memory serves, when I tried Laundryview about 2 years ago it wasn't listed there then either.

I can confirm the tower's laundry room is on the third floor. Not too far a walk from the elevator.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a room request for the Tower? We have standard king room booked. Adults only. Thank you as always!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a room request for the Tower? We have standard king room booked. Adults only. Thank you as always!
There's no one specific room I would request as they are all very similar, if not exactly the same in terms of ambiance. However, I might want to be higher in the Tower, if possible to avoid any commotion from the buses / people. I have stayed Standard, even on floor 3, and not been bothered by the noise, but if you're sensitive, you might want to consider it. Otherwise, have a great trip!

I agree with the higher floor. Standard is basically driveway, parking. If you’re higher up you can see DHS off in the distance. Water view overlooks the pond/lake and the rest of the resort. My choice is waterview

Adding on to the query about room requests for the Tower (I have a water view booked) - if I really want to have as little noise as possible should I just ask for a high floor and as much to the East side of the building as possible? Trying to be as far as I can from the elevators (had rooms near the elevators last year at BWI/Dolphin and I kept hearing elevator sounds so trying to avoid that if I can this year...)

Adding on to the query about room requests for the Tower (I have a water view booked) - if I really want to have as little noise as possible should I just ask for a high floor and as much to the East side of the building as possible? Trying to be as far as I can from the elevators (had rooms near the elevators last year at BWI/Dolphin and I kept hearing elevator sounds so trying to avoid that if I can this year...)
I was relatively close to the elevators and had no noise except for the occasional guest.

My husband wlll be staying here for work later this year, is there a specific section of the resort they use for convention guests? Neither of us have stayed here before so I was just curious. Thanks!

Only time I got elevator noise was when I was right at the elevator. GDT is designed far better than any Disney Deluxe aside from RIV.

The most noise I get in GDT comes from connecting rooms, I remember one trip this guy was coughing for days. I shoved a towel there but it didn’t really help. A door simply is not as soundproof as a wall so my request would actually be “not a connecting room”. I don’t like multiple room requests because I feel it decreases my odds of having any request honored.

My husband wlll be staying here for work later this year, is there a specific section of the resort they use for convention guests? Neither of us have stayed here before so I was just curious. Thanks!
No there are convention facilities attached to the resort but you wouldn’t notice them unless you look for them. Convention attendees stay throughout the resort. YC has a convention facility but most people don’t realize it’s there.

Hi everyone! Looking at options at Barcelona lounge and el Mercado de Coronado for breakfast and I don’t see any allergen menus. I can’t have gluten so I’m trying to plan ahead, does anyone know if they will be able to make me breakfast sandwiches and such or is it all premade?

Please tell me how to over-ride the fan. We are staying there in March. Thank you
There is a button in the bathroom that you can press that will turn it off. I think it's right below a light switch. Our fan was excessively loud. Glad there was an option to turn it off every time it kicked on.

Just wanted to pop in to say we stayed at Coronado and I really liked it. Liked it much more than our stay at POR. We stayed in the Casita section building 4, which I thought was ideal. Not too far from the main building and first bus stop when coming back from the parks. We always got on the bus at the Tower after eating breakfast.

We didn't get to explore, since we were there only a couple of days, but I'd love to go back. Maybe splurge for a Tower room next time. The tower was beautiful!

Just wanted to pop in to say we stayed at Coronado and I really liked it. Liked it much more than our stay at POR. We stayed in the Casita section building 4, which I thought was ideal. Not too far from the main building and first bus stop when coming back from the parks. We always got on the bus at the Tower after eating breakfast.

We didn't get to explore, since we were there only a couple of days, but I'd love to go back. Maybe splurge for a Tower room next time. The tower was beautiful!

I'm glad you liked it! I've stayed in that section and it is great for buses - as you mentioned, first to get dropped off and it's an easy walk to the Tower to jump on and be at the final stop out of the resort.

I'd love to stay elsewhere (moderate, Deluxe is out of my budget) just to try somewhere new but I can't quit CSR. It's always much cheaper than the other moderates (I don't need to stay in the Tower) and the many bar and restaurant options just are too convenient to pass up. As a solo adult traveler I appreciate the quiet, adult vibe at the resort.

Just got back from stay at CSR. Resort is beautiful and really enjoyed our stay. We especially enjoyed our dinner at Three Bridges restaurant but did not like our meals at the Cafe Rix Sports bar or at El Mercado…the burger at RIx sports bar was just ok I specifically asked for no roll but it came with one anyway and then of course all the cheese stuck to the bread when I pulled off…our food at El Mercado has been terrible last few trips and at this point I don’t expect it to improve. Both this trip and several months ago I ordered the 3 pc. chicken ”strip” meal both times I was given one average sized chicken strip and two additional pieces of chicken which were more like large chicken nuggets than strips each time I’ve ordered this the server places one strip on top of some fries and then actively searches through the pan for smaller pieces. However if you order the chicken strip meal out at the Siestas snack bar they charge an additional $1 but actually give you three regular size chicken strips. Also unless you are very lucky when you order inside El Mercado most food especially chicken strips and fries have been sitting out in big pans under lights. When I requested fresh fries after I stood waiting to order for about 15 min the server informed me the chicken and fries had just been brought out and I knew that wasn’t true As I had been standing there. The servers don’t seem able to serve more than one person at a time…so if someone just wants the chix and fries which are sitting there in plain sight the person who takes your order won’t wait on you until the food for person in front of you has been prepared and served So i Watched the server just standing behind counter waiting for cook to prepare and hand her the burger….some items are still left out on shelves under lights and I can definitely tell you it’s often way longer than 10 min! we will probably avoid eating at El Mercado at all in future.
There were quite a lot groups of teen girls all over the resort in every building including the tower. there was a lots of loud squealing and yelling back and forth even late at night. Several times groups of these girls filled entire buses in the morning Although one of the bus drivers did tell us that extra buses had been added due to the crowds. I think we also try to avoid the cheer/dance competitions in the future.

Last edited:
Just got back from stay at CSR. Resort is beautiful and really enjoyed our stay. We especially enjoyed our dinner at Three Bridges restaurant but did not like our meals at the Cafe Rix Sports bar or at El Mercado…the burger at RIx sports bar was just ok I specifically asked for no roll but it came with one anyway and then of course all the cheese stuck to the bread when I pulled off…our food at El Mercado has been terrible last few trips and at this point I don’t expect it to improve. Both this trip and several months ago I ordered the 3 pc. chicken ”strip” meal both times I was given one average sized chicken strip and two additional pieces of chicken which were more like large chicken nuggets than strips each time I’ve ordered this the server places one strip on top of some fries and then actively searches through the pan for smaller pieces. However if you order the chicken strip meal out at the Siestas snack bar they charge an additional $1 but actually give you three regular size chicken strips. Also unless you are very lucky when you order inside El Mercado most food especially chicken strips and fries have been sitting out in big pans under lights. When I requested fresh fries after I stood waiting to order for about 15 min the server informed me the chicken and fries had just been brought out and I knew that wasn’t true As I had been standing there. The servers don’t seem able to serve more than one person at a time…so if someone just wants the chix and fries which are sitting there in plain sight the person who takes your order won’t wait on you until the food for person in front of you has been prepared and served So i Watched the server just standing behind counter waiting for cook to prepare and hand her the burger….some items are still left out on shelves under lights and I can definitely tell you it’s often way longer than 10 min! we will probably avoid eating at El Mercado at all in future.
There were quite a lot groups of teen girls all over the resort in every building including the tower. there was a lots of loud squealing and yelling back and forth even late at night. Several times groups of these girls filled entire buses in the morning Although one of the bus drivers did tell us that extra buses had been added due to the crowds. I think we also try to avoid the cheer/dance competitions in the future.
Paragraphs?😓

Quick question, with a room-only booking, does CSR charge the entire remaining cost at check in, or do they place a hold on the card and then charge the remaining cost after check out?

For the majority of my Disney resort stays I've had the entire remaining cost charged at check in, but at the Contemporary last year they placed a hold on my card then charged the remaining cost after check out...

(Asking as trying to plan out my credit card spends to maximise points and the interest on my HYSA!)

Quick question, with a room-only booking, does CSR charge the entire remaining cost at check in, or do they place a hold on the card and then charge the remaining cost after check out?

For the majority of my Disney resort stays I've had the entire remaining cost charged at check in, but at the Contemporary last year they placed a hold on my card then charged the remaining cost after check out...

(Asking as trying to plan out my credit card spends to maximise points and the interest on my HYSA!)
When you have room only resort reservation your confirmation states your balance is due at check-in and when you check-in at front desk you will just be asked for your photo ID and if They don’t already have your credit card info they will ask for it but your card is not actually charged until night before you check out. I always go to front desk before 9pm night before I check out and give them any Disney gift cards I want to use and get my receipt or receipt is emailed to me in morning. You can always check any charges relating to your room or made via your magic bands by looking on your MDE app.

When you have room only resort reservation your confirmation states your balance is due at check-in and when you check-in at front desk you will just be asked for your photo ID and if They don’t already have your credit card info they will ask for it but your card is not actually charged until night before you check out. I always go to front desk before 9pm night before I check out and give them any Disney gift cards I want to use and get my receipt or receipt is emailed to me in morning. You can always check any charges relating to your room or made via your magic bands by looking on your MDE app.
Thanks for the reply!

Anyway I checked in at CSR and apparently the usual procedure is to put a hold on the card for the outstanding balance, and only charge the actual outstanding balance on check out.

So once I checked in at CSR my card had a charge of the entire outstanding balance on it, which the CM told me was a hold.

Surprisingly they didn't need to see my credit card again and just used the card on file from when I made the reservation (this is different from when I was at AS Sports, BWI, and Contemporary last year when they all wanted me to insert a card into the reader).

I asked if I could pay part of the balance right now (as opposed to hold), the CM said not an issue at all and whatever remained afterwards will just be charged as normal at the end of the stay.

So this is great for me and means I can maximise my credit card points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter