• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Considering a first stay at Coronado and I have two room questions that I can't find an answer to.

1) Are there any rooms that have two bathrooms?

2) Are there any King bed rooms on club level?

Thanks
We just checked out of this room type (described by @SkyGuy above) I posted pictures of CL offerings in the club level thread, if interested.

(sorry blurred out my kids)
IMG_9435.jpegIMG_9437.jpegIMG_9436.jpegIMG_9438.jpegIMG_9440.jpegIMG_9439.jpeg

This will answer both questions. A tower deluxe suite with club access has a king in one room with a full bathroom, separated by a sliding door, and a living area with a pull-out couch, bar area, desk, etc, along with a half bath. Showering will have to be done in the main bathroom, but all other activities can be done in the other bathroom. We’ve stayed in this room twice as a couple and adult child and are doing so again in a week.
Thank you!
A few more questions please, to help me narrow down my choices before presenting price differences to my spouse.

1) Are all of the club access rooms on the same floor as the Chronos Club Lounge?

2) Are there any standard/regular rooms with a king bed in the club level category?

3) What is the bathroom situation in the one bedroom suite?

Thank you!
A few more questions please, to help me narrow down my choices before presenting price differences to my spouse.

1) Are all of the club access rooms on the same floor as the Chronos Club Lounge?

2) Are there any standard/regular rooms with a king bed in the club level category?

1. No. The suites are scattered in the tower. Our last trip we were on the 7th floor and club is on the 15th.
2. I don’t think so, but I’m not 100% certain.
3. Same bathroom - 1 full/1 half

1. No. The suites are scattered in the tower. Our last trip we were on the 7th floor and club is on the 15th.
2. I don’t think so, but I’m not 100% certain.
3. Same bathroom - 1 full/1 half

One more question please, you said that the suites are scattered on other floors, are the regular size rooms that have club access also scattered?

I find that we rarely use the lounge if it is not right there, for example garden wing suites at CR, outer building suites at GF, princess suites at Poly, garden cottages at BWI. I love the space of a suite but we waste the lounge usage. The Chronos lounge looks absolutely gorgeous in photos and videos I've seen. It's what is drawing me to Coronado in the first place.

No, there are club access rooms spread through out the tower.
No, there are not, Only club access rooms.

It is the same, full bathroom off the bedroom and a half bath in the living room where the sleeper sofa is.

One more question please, you said that the suites are scattered on other floors, are the regular size rooms that have club access also scattered?

I find that we rarely use the lounge if it is not right there, for example garden wing suites at CR, outer building suites at GF, princess suites at Poly, garden cottages at BWI. I love the space of a suite but we waste the lounge usage. The Chronos lounge looks absolutely gorgeous in photos and videos I've seen. It's what is drawing me to Coronado in the first place.
I’ve only stayed in the suites, so I don’t know. I’m sure someone else will chime in for you!

I find that we rarely use the lounge if it is not right there…
After 2 GDT CL stays & 3 GDT CL rooms (had to change rooms mid-trip when something went wrong) I’ve yet to be on the same floor as the club. Last trip I was on Floor 9. In chatting with the front desk one day they said CL rooms get higher floor assignments so that is the only thing I would count on.

It is a little annoying having to go in the elevators to get to the Lounge but the Lounge is close to the elevator and due to the tower design none of the rooms are like more than a minute from the elevators.

After 2 GDT CL stays & 3 GDT CL rooms (had to change rooms mid-trip when something went wrong) I’ve yet to be on the same floor as the club. Last trip I was on Floor 9. In chatting with the front desk one day they said CL rooms get higher floor assignments so that is the only thing I would count on.

It is a little annoying having to go in the elevators to get to the Lounge but the Lounge is close to the elevator and due to the tower design none of the rooms are like more than a minute from the elevators.
Thanks. That does sound a lot more convenient then the situation at some of the other resorts where it can feel like a hike.

H Everyone! We will be staying at the Tower for the Marathon 5th-10th). We usually stay at BLT, but I am excited to try the tower. We stayed at CSR twice many years ago. I keep reading how horrible the bus system is. We won't have a car, but I was wondering anyone's experience with the Minnie Vans. Are they hard to get? Do they drop off right at the park entrances. Do I need the Lyft app? Are Uber's off limits. I am so sorry for all the questions. I am really excited to stay in the tower, but hope I didn't make a mistake compromising not being on the Monorail.

TIA!!!

H Everyone! We will be staying at the Tower for the Marathon 5th-10th). We usually stay at BLT, but I am excited to try the tower. We stayed at CSR twice many years ago. I keep reading how horrible the bus system is. We won't have a car, but I was wondering anyone's experience with the Minnie Vans. Are they hard to get? Do they drop off right at the park entrances. Do I need the Lyft app? Are Uber's off limits. I am so sorry for all the questions. I am really excited to stay in the tower, but hope I didn't make a mistake compromising not being on the Monorail.

TIA!!!
MV are done solely through Lyft, so you’ll need the app and an account activated. They do drop offs in the bus area. Ubers/Lyfts drop of at the TTC in MK, the bus area at HS, the new ride share loop at Epcot, and really darn close at AK. Buses are generally fine except on the Sunday of the marathon, then it’s a clown show. MVs on that day are a hard ticket to find because of the bus situation. After waiting for the bus at CSR around 9am for at least 40 minutes while the monitor kept saying bus arriving in 4minutes, we tried getting a MV and the wait was 40+ minutes. I got lucky and saw an Uber Black arriving, so I went on the app and was able to grab it before it had been assigned another rider. Then the trek to the park was another adventure. Pack your patience on Sunday, but you should be fine the rest of your trip.

MV are done solely through Lyft, so you’ll need the app and an account activated. They do drop offs in the bus area. Ubers/Lyfts drop of at the TTC in MK, the bus area at HS, the new ride share loop at Epcot, and really darn close at AK. Buses are generally fine except on the Sunday of the marathon, then it’s a clown show. MVs on that day are a hard ticket to find because of the bus situation. After waiting for the bus at CSR around 9am for at least 40 minutes while the monitor kept saying bus arriving in 4minutes, we tried getting a MV and the wait was 40+ minutes. I got lucky and saw an Uber Black arriving, so I went on the app and was able to grab it before it had been assigned another rider. Then the trek to the park was another adventure. Pack your patience on Sunday, but you should be fine the rest of your trip.
TYSM for the copies reply! So if I take a Minnie Van, It will drop off at the Bus area at MK and not the TTC? Ubers are allowed? For some silly reason, I thought it was just Minnie Vans through Lyft. Thanks Again!!! So kind of you to take the time for such a detailed response!!!:flower1:

TYSM for the copies reply! So if I take a Minnie Van, It will drop off at the Bus area at MK and not the TTC? Ubers are allowed? For some silly reason, I thought it was just Minnie Vans through Lyft. Thanks Again!!! So kind of you to take the time for such a detailed response!!!:flower1:
Yes, MVs drop off at the bus areas in every park. Ubers/Lyfts are allowed, but they have separate drop-off areas and pick-up areas at the parks. They are able to pick you up at your hotel at the lobby, just like a MV. MV are only available through Lyft, but you can also take a regular Lyft or a regular Uber. All are allowed.

Yes, MVs drop off at the bus areas in every park. Ubers/Lyfts are allowed, but they have separate drop-off areas and pick-up areas at the parks. They are able to pick you up at your hotel at the lobby, just like a MV. MV are only available through Lyft, but you can also take a regular Lyft or a regular Uber. All are allowed.
Thank you so much!!!

I have a question that may seem strange. We have someone on dialysis traveling with us, and they like to check their weight. Does anyone remember seeing a scale in the fitness center in Gran Destino tower? TIA!

I asked my son who frequents the exercise rooms at Disney, and he doesn’t remember seeing scales in the gyms. However, we will be at CSR starting Jan 7 and can look for you if you don’t get an answer before then (and if that will be before your trip).
Thank you so much. We will be there from the 5 through the 12th. She is going to send a cheap scale from Amazon to the resort.

You are so awesome and helpful! Thank you again!!!!

I was there the first week in Dec. and was in Casitas 3. Frankly, I would have been pretty upset paying for a preferred room and being in that building had I not had a discount. I was at the end of the last building 3 and the walk to the main building in the cold was pretty bad. I've stayed in Casitas 4 and 5 before and would save my money and stay there instead of building 3. Casitas 1 is pretty close. I did not see any inside hallways all the way from 3 to the main building. It's possible if you are in the building for Casitas 3 that is not the furthest, you can walk under cover all the way. The only reason I stayed in preferred is because that was all that was available with my AP discount.

Anyone who stayed at CSR recently have trouble with their magic bands working around the resort? My band won’t open the car gates, my son‘s won’t open the gym doors. I have been behind four other cars today whose bands wouldn’t open the gates. When we stayed here last year, I had the same issue with my magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter