• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you for the information. If it is a booked out and eating places were closed we would get a call beforehand I guess? I am ok as long as I am not going to be surprised by a move when I get there, or I don't get downgraded to a value!
Unfortunately, sometimes your are told at check in but most likely moved to a deluxe

Probably will be lot busier but hopefully it’s a conference where attendees spend a lot of their time attending convention event’s

Do you happen to know the dates in September where the resort is booked out please? Having seen the convention schedule there are two potential ones that look like they could be big - one is 11th to 14th which is when I am there and I am getting concerned. Would we have been told by now if our stay coincided with a sold out convention? I assume any guests would be moved?
Sold Out convention doesn’t mean a sold out hotel as convention sizes vary. The conventions contract for X number of rooms way ahead of time. If Disney needs to walk you for some reason generally they call before you arrive. Disney will not mention anything to you about a convention you are not part of.

Lessons I’ve learned from conventions at CSR during my hotel stay
-Make dining reservations for non-QS planned resort dining now, even if you just want to hit Rix
-The bars might be busier than usual
-There could be elevator backups in the Tower so leave some extra time
-The DS bus can see higher demand in the evening so leave extra time
-If you need to visit the front desk be ready for a long wait or try at odd hours like late at night (I had the bad luck to need to visit on check-out day and my check-out day coincided with a line like 50 people deep from a convention also checking out).

Sold Out convention doesn’t mean a sold out hotel as convention sizes vary. The conventions contract for X number of rooms way ahead of time. If Disney needs to walk you for some reason generally they call before you arrive. Disney will not mention anything to you about a convention you are not part of.

Lessons I’ve learned from conventions at CSR during my hotel stay
-Make dining reservations for non-QS planned resort dining now, even if you just want to hit Rix
-The bars might be busier than usual
-There could be elevator backups in the Tower so leave some extra time
-The DS bus can see higher demand in the evening so leave extra time
-If you need to visit the front desk be ready for a long wait or try at odd hours like late at night (I had the bad luck to need to visit on check-out day and my check-out day coincided with a line like 50 people deep from a convention also checking out).
Thanks for the insight and the advice. Unfortunately for us we were planning to spend more time at the resort on those days as we relaxed into the holiday and got over jetlag. We have made some slight changes to plans so that we aren't considering Three Bridges or Dahlia Lounge on those days and have decided to swap them out for park hop evenings instead - it might do us good to power through the jetlag! We have booked Toledo for one of those evenings anyway so we know we can eat there for sure, and we will do online check in rather than go to reception to check in. If we get moved beforehand we can take it in good grace so long as it is somewhere we are happy to be (though as a planner this frustrates me especially as this will be our first time at CSR and i have been excitedly researching!). It's good to know what happens under these circumstances so there are no surprises, so thanks.

Serious question… I have stayed in 3-4 different tower rooms and in each one, the button in the bathroom to start the ceiling fan is broken. I press it, and the fan spins up for 2-3 seconds, but then shuts down.

Am I missing something? :rotfl2:

IMG_5975.jpeg

Serious question… I have stayed in 3-4 different tower rooms and in each one, the button in the bathroom to start the ceiling fan is broken. I press it, and the fan spins up for 2-3 seconds, but then shuts down.

View attachment 789479
Wait, they aren’t automatic to motion or moisture? I never paid them much attention but I know I never tried to push the button 🤔

View attachment 789479
Not an expert but I was in the Ranchos last week and they had that button. I was able to push it and the fan stayed on for about 10 minutes. You could hit it a second time to turn it off, if the fan was still going.

Booked a tower room for next March. Second guessing my decision….am I better off in the standard room in the older part of the resort? Is the tower worth the extra money? Concerned about being skipped over by the buses

Booked a tower room for next March. Second guessing my decision….am I better off in the standard room in the older part of the resort? Is the tower worth the extra money? Concerned about being skipped over by the buses

Idk we be booked standard then I got to second guessing myself and booked preferred. Those tower rooms look so nice though. I just decided it was worth the little extra to be in the area of the first bus stop and more importantly the main building where I can hopefully get breakfast or at least a drink before heading out then drop my mug at the room on way to bus.

View attachment 789479
We just stayed in Casitas and the fan would only stay on after pushing the button and if it detected motion. Pretty annoying because it didn't detect motion if you were in the shower even though the door is glass.

We have never stayed here before, can you Uber right to your room or do you have to get dropped off at the main building? Also, when you call an Uber , can you get picked up outside your room? Or can you only get picked up at the main building? Thanks!

Is this referring to the dig site slide? It says 123 feet. If that is accurate, there are at least 5 deluxe slides that are longer.
You are right. At the time of construction 1997, it was the second largest. Bay Lake Tower did not exist. I'll update the info

We have never stayed here before, can you Uber right to your room or do you have to get dropped off at the main building? Also, when you call an Uber , can you get picked up outside your room? Or can you only get picked up at the main building? Thanks!
Uber drivers can only pick up and drop off in front of main lobby which is located in the Grand Destino Tower. When you arrive or depart with your luggage you can get a ride to your room by requesting one from bell services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter