Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Just to piggy back on this bus conversation... I am heavily considering a stay at CSR next May. We usually have a car, but do to unforeseen circumstances we have a much tighter budget for this trip, so I'm considering dropping the rental car and being at the mercy of Disney transportation. I'm a little nervous about the bus service. Is it crazy busy? Say we wait for more off times such as later in the morning, or wait until well after nighttime shows, is it less of a hassle? I've heard so many nightmare stories about bus service that I have a lot of reservations about using it but would LOVE to cut out the cost of the car rental.
You’re gonna be fine. Cars eat up time too- parking, trams, walking- buses will drop you closer and you get to drive in the bus lanes to the parks. Buses aren’t as efficient as cars but they also aren’t the worst thing ever. It feels long when you’re standing there for 10-20 mins waiting for a bus because you aren’t doing anything. I would not miss early mornings or stay super late in the parks in order not to wait for a bus. During busy times they even run more buses.

ETA: If you’ve had it one day just grab a rideshare. For like $10-$15 you can get to or from any park.

Just saying if it’s anyone’s thing and you have some time on a Saturday afternoon, my son’s girlfriend and I greatly enjoyed Sangria University at 3 Bridges.
Me and my sister are doing this next month on our Sister’s Trip- I can’t wait!
We are doing the tequila experience at La Cava as well…
Should be a fun trip!

Just to piggy back on this bus conversation... I am heavily considering a stay at CSR next May. We usually have a car, but do to unforeseen circumstances we have a much tighter budget for this trip, so I'm considering dropping the rental car and being at the mercy of Disney transportation. I'm a little nervous about the bus service. Is it crazy busy? Say we wait for more off times such as later in the morning, or wait until well after nighttime shows, is it less of a hassle? I've heard so many nightmare stories about bus service that I have a lot of reservations about using it but would LOVE to cut out the cost of the car rental.
We stayed at Coronado Springs about a year and a half ago And that was my 3rd time to stay there. We rope drop each park and catch the first bus. There was always extra seats on the bus when we left In the morning. We returned to the resort mid afternoon and always got on the bus. Sometimes the bus was standing room only. I dont think we have stayed until park close so don’t know what it is like getting back to CS after fireworks but would imagine it is as miserable as the ride to all other resorts.

I think there is a little less pressure on the Coronado Springs buses because many of the people are at the conference center.

Just rebooked GDT from Jul 18-21 to Jul 13-16. The same time frame I booked for next year had a Girl Scout Conference this year and I'm hoping to avoid that kind of thing.

Update: I just found out that the Girl Scout Conf is triennial so I don't have to worry about that next year but I'm keeping my eyes peeled on that conference schedule.

I am worried about certain conferences as I got stuck with a Cheer/Dance competition last April. I booked a placeholder for now and also switched from a CL to a Standard King. Hopefully going forward next year there be a promotion. Over $600 a night for CL is not something I would consider. It also took me 4 times in 2 days to finally get this payment to go through. The website has had issues the last couple of days and it's becoming increasingly frustrating to book anything. :headache:

Last edited:
Just rebooked GDT from Jul 18-21 to Jul 13-16. The same time frame I booked for next year had a Girl Scout Conference this year and I'm hoping to avoid that kind of thing.

Update: I just found out that the Girl Scout Conf is triennial so I don't have to worry about that next year but I'm keeping my eyes peeled on that conference schedule.

I am worried about certain conferences as I got stuck with a Cheer/Dance competition last April. I booked a placeholder for now and also switched from a CL to a Standard King. Hopefully going forward next year there be a promotion. Over $600 a night for CL is not something I would consider. It also took me 4 times in 2 days to finally get this payment to go through. The website has had issues the last couple of days and it's becoming increasingly frustrating to book anything. :headache:
If you wouldn't mind sharing, what conference schedule do you have?

Staying at CSR 9/3-9/10 and would like to order some water and a few other items. I know Publix is a good grocery store but after googling im still not sure which Publix is closest to CSR and whether I should Uber back and forth to store or have order delivered…also not sure if I order directly from Publix or through Instacart…

Staying at CSR 9/3-9/10 and would like to order some water and a few other items. I know Publix is a good grocery store but after googling im still not sure which Publix is closest to CSR and whether I should Uber back and forth to store or have order delivered…also not sure if I order directly from Publix or through Instacart…
Publix doesn't do direct curbside orders. You have to go through Instacart.

In my experience, the quickest Publix from CSR would be the Water Tower Shops on 192 in Kissimmee. The Orange Lake location is a close second but requires you to get on the toll road.

The Flamingo Crossings Target might be the easiest way to get your items if they carry everything you need. Target's pick up service is great.

The Flamingo Crossings Target might be the easiest way to get your items if they carry everything you need. Target's pick up service is great.
Just be aware that the Flamingo Crossings Target is not a full-size Target. They do have groceries. But we live 7 minutes from Flamingo Crossing and refer to it as "Tiny Target".

Just be aware that the Flamingo Crossings Target is not a full-size Target. They do have groceries. But we live 7 minutes from Flamingo Crossing and refer to it as "Tiny Target".
I second that. We just picked up from there today and while it had everything we wanted, it did not always have the smaller sizes. The one down the road did but this one is so convenient and it had booze too which was the most important par. In fact I would call it a liquor store with a Target in it.

The resort is sold out to a convention group so the restaurants closed/changed hours for this week. It is just to notify guests from other resorts about the change as no guests are at CSR this week. This will also happen in September as another group has booked the entire resort.

When a bus skips the tower, a separate bus is sent to start at the tower.
Do you happen to know the dates in September where the resort is booked out please? Having seen the convention schedule there are two potential ones that look like they could be big - one is 11th to 14th which is when I am there and I am getting concerned. Would we have been told by now if our stay coincided with a sold out convention? I assume any guests would be moved?

Do you happen to know the dates in September where the resort is booked out please? Having seen the convention schedule there are two potential ones that look like they could be big - one is 11th to 14th which is when I am there and I am getting concerned. Would we have been told by now if our stay coincided with a sold out convention? I assume any guests would be moved?
Yes, it is the Workplace Summit (11-14) but its not definitely a complete booked out yet. Some guests may be staying.

Thank you for the information. If it is a booked out and eating places were closed we would get a call beforehand I guess? I am ok as long as I am not going to be surprised by a move when I get there, or I don't get downgraded to a value!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter