Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at CSR last month. Requested Casitas #4 (booked standard view), but instead got the furtherest room from the main entrance in the Ranchos section. Granted, we arrived at 11pm. I asked for a closer location and was happy to pay for the upgrade. We were changed to bldg 8C in the Cabanas which is adjacent to the tower. The gate to the quiet pool was literally right outside our door. Room 8803. Laundry facility next to the pool. Very short waits for buses. It’s a corner room on the first floor. Was very quiet. I loved this room!!
I had that EXACT same room a few years ago! It's a great room.

My son (age 21) and I are taking a quick trip in a couple weeks. It's a celebration/going away trip because he just got a new job that's 1500 miles away!

Right now I have a standard room booked, but noticed that I can get a Tower water view room for an extra $100/night. I've stayed in casitas before (and loved it) but never the tower and I'm wondering if I should splurge?
When I've searched for others with this question, usually the feedback involves how much less walking there is when you stay in the tower, but tbh walking around the resort is one of my favorite parts! We are both used to walking long distances every day.

I guess one of my main questions is, are there any "bad" water view rooms from the tower? I know one time I booked a savanna view room at AKL and was really disappointed with a room down the end of one hall that mostly was of an ugly fence. Is it possible I'll get stuck with some "barely can see the lake but mostly a view of a roof or the parking lot" view, when paying for water view in the tower? I checked out touring plans but I think since it's still so new there aren't a ton of photos, and also the room numbers confuse me in some of them.

Thanks for any thoughts/advice!

We've always moved our own bags during split stays so I have no clue on how to transfer luggage. If we are moving from the Tower to a standard room, what's the best way to do it?

I'm still toying with the idea of canceling our Tower portion of the stay and just doing a consecutive stay for simplicity's sake but we really like the Tower and want to experience it for a bit since a couple of days had the 35% discount :) (this was supposed to be a total budget trip, but I ended up upgrading from All-Stars).

Our change day will be on MNSSHP party day and I know I can leave with bell services, but then will be back pretty late. I'll be probably in a park early, but DD isn't doing a park day and planning to sleep in. I'm up early anyway and couldn't sleep in if I tried. So I don't want to leave DD dealing with luggage at check-out time and wanted to figure out what the best options are. Thanks so much!

Edit: Plans have changed :).
But I'm going to leave my post since I'd like to know for the future if we change resorts or add a CSR night like I usually end up doing lol. Or in case anyone else is wondering.

I just found a great deal Tower Water view deal on Priceline, transparent, and fully refundable. It was better than WDW's 25% discount, something like $30 less a night (in comparison the standard view Tower on Priceline was $385 more than Water view for the same 3 nights). I originally had Tower Standard View for my first two nights, but it was only like 3 bucks a night higher to change to water so it's all now the same booking category between the 2 reservations.

Did some Disney math (lol) and canceled a character meal and I figure it all works out pretty close!

Last edited:

Why is Tuesday the only night with no movie? Is that post from 2021 still the current movie schedule?

Why is Tuesday the only night with no movie? Is that post from 2021 still the current movie schedule?

The movie lineup changes each month.
At least for July, they're doing a "light the night" party at the pool on Tuesday, I assume that's why there isn't a movie scheduled.

July lineup is:
Moana (M), Finding Dory (W), Up (Th), Lion King (F), Encanto (Sa), & Luca (Su).

Has anyone used instacart to have groceries delivered to CSR? I'll be checking in on Wednesday and am trying to set up an order ahead of time, but no matter what I do instacart will not recognize the address for CSR. I've typed in the actual address and the name of the resort, but it keeps telling me it's an invalid address. I've had instacart delivered to other Disney hotels with no issues, so I'm not sure what the problem is this time. Any suggestions for what address I should use are appreciated!

Has anyone used instacart to have groceries delivered to CSR? I'll be checking in on Wednesday and am trying to set up an order ahead of time, but no matter what I do instacart will not recognize the address for CSR. I've typed in the actual address and the name of the resort, but it keeps telling me it's an invalid address. I've had instacart delivered to other Disney hotels with no issues, so I'm not sure what the problem is this time. Any suggestions for what address I should use are appreciated!
For some of these delivery companies, the West has to come after Drive.
1000 Buena Vista Drive West

Or remove West completely

The movie lineup changes each month.
At least for July, they're doing a "light the night" party at the pool on Tuesday, I assume that's why there isn't a movie scheduled.

July lineup is:
Moana (M), Finding Dory (W), Up (Th), Lion King (F), Encanto (Sa), & Luca (Su).

Is there a place to see what the movie lineup is each month? We'll be there in August, so if the movies change next week are those posted anywhere?

Is there a place to see what the movie lineup is each month? We'll be there in August, so if the movies change next week are those posted anywhere?
On the first page of this thread, post #12 is a link that is kept updated to point to the current activity calendar (in another thread). Once August comes around, it'll be posted there, and that link will be updated!

we are thinking about a standard room during spring break next March. We haven’t stayed here since we used to stay in the old business class rooms before they built the tower lol. My daughter will be 20 when we go and has fond memories of the resort and pool and is excited about the food at 3 bridges in particular. Anyway my question is do they have the refillable mug and where can you get refills. I’m happy to see they have keurig coffee makers in the rooms but she is going to want a mug for soda and tea.

My daughter will be 20 when we go and has fond memories of the resort and pool and is excited about the food at 3 bridges in particular. Anyway my question is do they have the refillable mug and where can you get refills. I’m happy to see they have keurig coffee makers in the rooms but she is going to want a mug for soda and tea.
Love Three Bridges and Love Coronado, it's in my top 3 these days! I've refilled my mugs at Mercado and at the pool (Siestas)! Dig Site pool can be convenient but it's only open during pool hours.

We are doing our first trip to Disney World and looking at staying at CSR, narrowed it down to preferred room or water view and request the cabanas. But my big question is whether not being in the preferred room will be a disadvantage on the whole bus schedule. Is the appeal of the Preferred that you're first in line to get on the bus and therefore it's less likely for bus to fill up and you run the risk of the later stops getting skipped? How bothersome would it be to walk from the cabanas to the quicker bus stop by casitas?

We are doing our first trip to Disney World and looking at staying at CSR, narrowed it down to preferred room or water view and request the cabanas. But my big question is whether not being in the preferred room will be a disadvantage on the whole bus schedule. Is the appeal of the Preferred that you're first in line to get on the bus and therefore it's less likely for bus to fill up and you run the risk of the later stops getting skipped? How bothersome would it be to walk from the cabanas to the quicker bus stop by casitas?
There is no preferred access to the buses. The current bus route at CSR is Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas, and then tower. On my stay there was never an issue getting on the bus at the tower stop, but if you want to guarantee that you have a spot, you’ll need to walk over to the Casitas stop to be one of the first on. The bus will skip stops if filled. Cabanas to Casitas isn’t close - they are opposite sides, but if you cut through by the pyramid pool, it won’t be terrible.

I probably would choose the preferred, but only because one of us travels with an ECV. If that’s not the case for you, I think you’ll be just fine at cabanas. Of course, if you are going to grab breakfast before heading out, you’ll be at the casitas bus stop area anyway.

Just to piggy back on this bus conversation... I am heavily considering a stay at CSR next May. We usually have a car, but do to unforeseen circumstances we have a much tighter budget for this trip, so I'm considering dropping the rental car and being at the mercy of Disney transportation. I'm a little nervous about the bus service. Is it crazy busy? Say we wait for more off times such as later in the morning, or wait until well after nighttime shows, is it less of a hassle? I've heard so many nightmare stories about bus service that I have a lot of reservations about using it but would LOVE to cut out the cost of the car rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter