Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, it is the last stop and yes, at times it can be crowded/standing room only or even skipped if the bus is too full. If that is the case, they will send another bus. Yes, you can walk over to Casitas and use that stop. I actually just booked a trip for December and originally had a quote for the Tower and changed it to Casitas preferred for just that reason. I can walk over to the first bus stop easy enough, have no problems walking but frankly, I just couldn't see the draw for paying the extra money for the Tower. The rooms are almost the same as the ones in the non-Tower buildings. The only advantage I could see was you might actually see a view where in the other buildings you have the outside walkway and you would be a tad closer to the food offerings in the Tower. Just didn't feel like enough for me to pay the extra, especially when I could get a room at AKL for less (with my AP discount).
Now I'm extra confused. Before I saw this response I reached out to a cast member on chat on disney.com to ask and they said Gran Destino is usually the first stop. Have you (or anyone else on here!) been recently and can confirm whether the tower (#1) or Casitas (#2) is definitely the first pick up stop? (I care less about drop off).

Now I'm extra confused. Before I saw this response I reached out to a cast member on chat on disney.com to ask and they said Gran Destino is usually the first stop. Have you (or anyone else on here!) been recently and can confirm whether the tower (#1) or Casitas (#2) is definitely the first pick up stop? (I care less about drop off).
Casitas, bus stop #2, is the first stop when going to the parks.

Yes, the buses do 2, 3, 4, then 1. We always walk to bus stop 2 in the mornings. It’s not a very long walk from the tower.

Last edited:
Grand Destino tower is first stop for buses to Disney Springs and last stop for busses going to the parks,

This has confused people for YEARS and it's completely understandable.

The parks bus stop loop is Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas, and Tower.

The Disney Springs bus stop loop is Tower, Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas.

Whether you're headed out or coming back, this is the stopping pattern for your bus. It's done this way so that you can take a bus from any stop to any other stop without Disney needing to operate a dedicated resort loop bus route (they way they do at Caribbean Beach Resort.)

So arrived yesterday and it’s been crazy since we arrived at MCO! First luggage took forever to come out last in baggage area! We landed at 9:05 instead of schedule 8:40 am and didn’t get luggage until 9:50. Then came the Uber ride to resort. Driver “James” arrived quickly as he had just dropped someone off at the departure level. Soooo we left MCO at 10:12 and he got in far right lane and drove very slowly it took us until a few min before 11:00 am to arrive at CSR. He didn’t seem to know how to get there and was Repeating the GPS directions to himself all the way there. surprised and happy that our tower room was ready when I arrived so dropped off luggage and headed to Disney Springs for lunch at Homecoming. Hung out at resort until dinner at Steakhouse 71 which was delicious as usual.
MK today park was busy and Genie + was not really helpful as only rides available at reasonable times were those with shorter standby waits anyway. HM was down for a while. Next was Uber ride #2 😳 and “Luis” picked us up for the ride to Poly for dinner at O’Hana’s…and….he ate his dinner, a sandwich and an apple on the way to the Poly! Yep he did! Then came dinner at O’Hana’s…we have eaten here on most of our trips and some meals have been better than others but tonite was one of the worst experiences….food was ok but barely even warm…service was horrible. We were seated right at our ADR time 5:10 and ignored until 5:30 when we had first interaction with server. She brought drinks and said we would get bread and salad coming right up…and after another 15 min we got salad…6:00 came the skillet s/wings, cold noodles, pot stickers, and broccoli. Chicken came out at 6:24 and finally steak came out at 6:40 I did see other tables that did appear to be getting much better service 2 tables that arrived about same time ate and left before we even got all our food. It seemed to take longer than usual for tables to be cleared and reset. We declined dessert since we just couldn’t sit there any longer but it took a while to get check.
Back at resort now and will go over to HS for the AH that doesn’t begin until 10:00 pm (I thought it started at 9:30 🙃). Just cancelled dinner at Beauty & Beast for tomorrow decided too many big meals already and would rather eat light tomorrow. Weather forecast for this week calls for a lot of rain but hasn’t been bad so far….Oh wait…one more thing…Tower is beautiful but we have a room with a connecting door and it’s like having people having loud conversations right outside the door. I don’t think the sound carries this much in the rooms in the buildings other than GDT. It’s quiet now and I placed a rolled up towel at bottom of connecting door and hoping that will help.

Last edited:
just booked for one night November 25-the first night of our vacation(then universal for one night and back to Disney for the remainder). first time at Coronado Springs and hoping to just enjoy the resort, have dinner and a bit of shopping. excited to try another resort-even if its only for one night

I switched my coming reservation to Coronado Springs from All Star Movies after Disney sent me an upgrade offer - for $31 more a night. It's a quick 3 night trip and my two sons were bummed about not having a pool slide at ASMo. This offer, coupled with the fact I am teaching summer school and making some extra money, made it impossible to resist. To be far, I did ask my kids and they wanted the slide. ADRs were booked on Saturday, though I'm not sure we'll actually use them and I finally bought our park tickets. The only thing left to do is book transportation to and from MCO. 58 days to go!

Cheer and Dance dates in April? It looks like there are competitions starting April 27, 2024. Are there any before then in April? I don't want to be at CSR with the big cheer/dance teams but the pool closure at POFQ and CBR is making moderate stays more tricky.
Yep. Not in April but February 2nd and 3rd.

Just took advantage of one of the summer resort deals and booked an impromptu Coronado Springs stay in early August. It will be our first time staying there so I have some questions. Is there a particular building/room request we could make for proximity to transportation or the main pool (we booked a standard room)? We also have dinner reservations at Flying Fish so I'm wondering what's the best way to get to the boardwalk from CSR? Also, does anyone know what the hours for the main pool typically are in August? Thanks!

Just took advantage of one of the summer resort deals and booked an impromptu Coronado Springs stay in early August. It will be our first time staying there so I have some questions. Is there a particular building/room request we could make for proximity to transportation or the main pool (we booked a standard room)? We also have dinner reservations at Flying Fish so I'm wondering what's the best way to get to the boardwalk from CSR? Also, does anyone know what the hours for the main pool typically are in August? Thanks!
Best way is Uber in my opinion. It’s a short ride with a small fare.

Our stay last month was standard view and we requested Casitas building 4. My reasoning in no specific order:
Proximity to bus stop #2 which is the first pickup/dropoff spot for park specific buses. In our several stays at CSR this year this has been the case. I also wanted a way to get to El Centro/Main Tower while being fully under cover if there was any rain. From Casitas building #4 I can do just that by sticking to the walkways going from building 4 through 3 then 1 until you get to the side of Maya Grill. Its about 99% under cover and It worked for us on several occasions last month lol. While there is a quiet pool at building 4 you are probably inquiring about the main pool. The Pyramid pool is about a 5 minute walk or so, not that bad really.

What ever you choose I'm sure you will have a good time. We look forward to our next stay at CSR at the end of the month.

Also** Do they not sell regular fullsize pizza at Coronado anymore? Thanks.

CSR seems to have a huge number of standard view rooms in the original buildings and I like that aspect.

Recently back from an 8 night stay at CSR. I really love this resort. I requested Casitas building #4 and we received building #5. We were fortunate to get three rooms next to each other. 4-5 minute walk to the main pool and similar length walk to El Mercado (food court and drink stations). I love the quiet walk on the bridge in the morning. Despite being at least 200F 🥵, the quiet and main pools never felt too busy.
Can't stress how nice it is to have quick access to bus stop #2. First pick up in the morning and first drop off at night (except for one night when the poor bus driver had no clue where he was going and got stuck at a gate that wouldn't open for him).

We stayed at CSR last month. Requested Casitas #4 (booked standard view), but instead got the furtherest room from the main entrance in the Ranchos section. Granted, we arrived at 11pm. I asked for a closer location and was happy to pay for the upgrade. We were changed to bldg 8C in the Cabanas which is adjacent to the tower. The gate to the quiet pool was literally right outside our door. Room 8803. Laundry facility next to the pool. Very short waits for buses. It’s a corner room on the first floor. Was very quiet. I loved this room!!IMG_5286.jpeg

just booked for one night November 25-the first night of our vacation(then universal for one night and back to Disney for the remainder). first time at Coronado Springs and hoping to just enjoy the resort, have dinner and a bit of shopping. excited to try another resort-even if its only for one night
I just did the same thing! Our “real” trip begins on the 26th at Kidani, but I did not want to be driving anywhere on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We’re splurging on Club Level for the first time. With the AP discount and what we would spend on food for those first two days, it’s not a lot more $$. Very excited!

I am going to request building 4 or 5, but I absolutely love the Ranchos section. But at the end of our trip a dance competition will be coming in. I figure they will show up at least one or two days early and I don't want to be in the Ranchos section then.

I am hoping the dance competition will be the only tour groups at CSR at the very end of January, I am taking a chance for a resort I absolutely love. But if I find out otherwise, I will have to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter