Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Last month we had the advertised cleaning of every other day. No beds made but trash was emptied and coffee/bathroom supplies refilled. We found the resort overall to be very clean and quite lovely.
We stayed in GDT in April for 6 nights. On the morning of our second day we left a tip for Mousekeeping and repeated that every other day. Each cleaning day, our bed was made, trash emptied, towels replaced, counters wiped, and toiletries replenished - preCovid housekeeping. Maybe it was the tip? We were pleasantly surprised and it only added to our delight with this resort. (It was just DH and I, standard room, $5 tip.)

We stayed in GDT in April for 6 nights. On the morning of our second day we left a tip for Mousekeeping and repeated that every other day. Each cleaning day, our bed was made, trash emptied, towels replaced, counters wiped, and toiletries replenished - preCovid housekeeping. Maybe it was the tip? We were pleasantly surprised and it only added to our delight with this resort. (It was just DH and I, standard room, $5 tip.)
I am reading about thin walls. Is this accurate?

That is great to hear! What would you say the longest walk from the hotel to main pool might be? We don't mind walking but want to get a comparison to SSR. Thanks!
We stayed in the Ranchos section which is very close to the main pool. However, the walk from there to the tower was maybe 5 min. I read a lot about how huge this resort is before we went and whilst it is big it never felt overwhelming to walk anywhere.

Maybe the tip enticed them to make the beds? We had everything else in our non-tower room except for the making of the beds. We usually always tip hotel maids but I didn’t think to this time since I knew we wouldn’t be getting full service housekeeping.

GDT Club Level, four nights, June 6-10.​

Thank you all for adding to the forum. It kept me informed on what to expect at the Coronado Spring Resort. I enjoyed my stay there and it exceeded my expectations for my first time staying at a Disney hotel.
  • I found the hotel and facilities super clean. Housekeeping was daily. I would ask for new towels and trash being taken out. The housekeeping came at different times each day.
  • The room's walls...yes are thin, flushing water was audible...though the room on one side was not a hotel room but used for cast members only.
  • Overnight, the fridge leaked water and right away they sent someone to fix it in 10 minutes.
  • I did not make any requests for the room. We were given the view facing the lake side on the 15th floor. It was more than enjoyable for us to be able to out at a great water view.
  • Take a walk around the hotel premise and you will feel relaxed. Music is always playing inside and outside. There was always a place to sit down along the walk.
  • I gave kudos to the cast members especially at the Chronos Lounge. They were very hospitable and quick to respond.

Club lounge food was excellent, breakfast and early dinner food fit our taste.
  • We felt the food during early dinner was enough food for us, so we opted to stay there rather than eat elsewhere.
  • Food is served tapas style, on little plates, great for portion control.
  • I used chimichurri sauce on everything, salads, pasta, bread.
  • I did not take any photos, so listed what we had that week.
  • Hot Food Menu (Early Dinner: Mon - Thu 5pm - 7pm)
    • Monday-albondigas, grouper
    • Tuesday-potato, salmon
    • Wednesday-albondigas, cous cous
    • Thursday-palm of hearts, tuna tartare
    • Pasta served daily
  • Cold Food Menu (Early Dinner: Mon - Thu 5pm - 7pm)
    • Very healthy salads - asparagus, cucumber, grouper (fish) salad, ham/cheese/pepper skewered, toasted bread, gazpacho
A funny highlight at The Dig pool. First time taking the slide down. I inquired the ones lined up before me what the rules were. Mind you these are littles less than 5 feet in height. One automatically replied. You wait for the green light to go down the slide. You are not allowed to face backwards; you must be facing forward when sliding down. As I heard of this, I was duly entertained to the idea that these littles know the pool rules very well. In fact, they all knew the pool rules. The older littles disciplining the younger littles about the same rules. I thought it was just me observing this. I overheard another adult while I was at the hot springs pool commenting the same. She said, these young children are "self-regulating" themselves. Well, Coronado Springs may not have that many kid-friendly decor/facilities, but the kids who stayed there are quite the adults themselves. 😂

just booked three nights for Feb - GDT club level, $380 a night is a pretty sweet deal. We're going to try out Portofino for the other four nights.
I'm getting 628 for end of Feb.

GDT Club Level, four nights, June 6-10.​

Thank you all for adding to the forum. It kept me informed on what to expect at the Coronado Spring Resort. I enjoyed my stay there and it exceeded my expectations for my first time staying at a Disney hotel.
  • I found the hotel and facilities super clean. Housekeeping was daily. I would ask for new towels and trash being taken out. The housekeeping came at different times each day.
  • The room's walls...yes are thin, flushing water was audible...though the room on one side was not a hotel room but used for cast members only.
  • Overnight, the fridge leaked water and right away they sent someone to fix it in 10 minutes.
  • I did not make any requests for the room. We were given the view facing the lake side on the 15th floor. It was more than enjoyable for us to be able to out at a great water view.
  • Take a walk around the hotel premise and you will feel relaxed. Music is always playing inside and outside. There was always a place to sit down along the walk.
  • I gave kudos to the cast members especially at the Chronos Lounge. They were very hospitable and quick to respond.

Club lounge food was excellent, breakfast and early dinner food fit our taste.
  • We felt the food during early dinner was enough food for us, so we opted to stay there rather than eat elsewhere.
  • Food is served tapas style, on little plates, great for portion control.
  • I used chimichurri sauce on everything, salads, pasta, bread.
  • I did not take any photos, so listed what we had that week.
  • Hot Food Menu (Early Dinner: Mon - Thu 5pm - 7pm)
    • Monday-albondigas, grouper
    • Tuesday-potato, salmon
    • Wednesday-albondigas, cous cous
    • Thursday-palm of hearts, tuna tartare
    • Pasta served daily
  • Cold Food Menu (Early Dinner: Mon - Thu 5pm - 7pm)
    • Very healthy salads - asparagus, cucumber, grouper (fish) salad, ham/cheese/pepper skewered, toasted bread, gazpacho
A funny highlight at The Dig pool. First time taking the slide down. I inquired the ones lined up before me what the rules were. Mind you these are littles less than 5 feet in height. One automatically replied. You wait for the green light to go down the slide. You are not allowed to face backwards; you must be facing forward when sliding down. As I heard of this, I was duly entertained to the idea that these littles know the pool rules very well. In fact, they all knew the pool rules. The older littles disciplining the younger littles about the same rules. I thought it was just me observing this. I overheard another adult while I was at the hot springs pool commenting the same. She said, these young children are "self-regulating" themselves. Well, Coronado Springs may not have that many kid-friendly decor/facilities, but the kids who stayed there are quite the adults themselves. 😂
How far is the walk from GDT to the pool?

I am reading about thin walls. Is this accurate?
Never had a problem with noise from other rooms while staying at GDT. However last trip we stayed in Ranchos in ground floor room and noise from above was horrible. Sounded like horses galloping back and forth and kids screaming. Could also hear toilets flushing.

Looking at CSR for a large family trip in March. Haven't stayed here before as we are DVC members but it seems like a Deluxe feel for mid prices. I think the Littles in our group will love the pool and the adults will love the food and beverage options. Looking forward to learning more about the resort!

Hi everyone. We are staying at Coronado for the first time in August. We are very excited. We have (2) preferred rooms. From what I have read, it sounds like we will most likely be in the Casitas section. Does anyone know if there are any connecting rooms in this section of the resort? If so, I guess I will be playing the Customer Service waiting game today to put in the request.:-)

Hi everyone. We are staying at Coronado for the first time in August. We are very excited. We have (2) preferred rooms. From what I have read, it sounds like we will most likely be in the Casitas section. Does anyone know if there are any connecting rooms in this section of the resort? If so, I guess I will be playing the Customer Service waiting game today to put in the request.:-)
We're there for meetings every couple months and always stay in Casitas, Building 1, and always request a couple connecting rooms and of course get them. Anyway, all of the resort sections have connecting rooms, so have fun with CS. :-)

You can use the touringplans.com website which has a resort room finder tool. It will tell you exactly which rooms are preferred and have connecting rooms if you edit the search criteria correctly.

We're there for meetings every couple months and always stay in Casitas, Building 1, and always request a couple connecting rooms and of course get them. Anyway, all of the resort sections have connecting rooms, so have fun with CS. :-)
Awesome. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter