Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Well just checked crowd levels for our trip 4/3-4/9 I just knew it was too good to be true...TP has increased crowd levels from 2’s -4’s up to 6’s to 10’s....Epcot is a 10 everyday from 4/10 through Easter. 🤨

Thanks for this update. I've been debating if I should Uber to Magical Kingdom from CSR or take the complimentary bus. I just want to ensure I am in the front for early entry rope drop to capitalize on getting in as many attractions as possible before the complete park opening. I have been hearing the parks have been packed more so than usual even during traditional offpeak times.
You're welcome!

Is Uber the "best" option to get from Coronado to Dolphin? Will have all our bags with us.

I'm booked for 3 nights in May for a standard room and it's my first time at CSR and my first solo trip.

All things considered I'm perfectly fine with walking far, not having the best view, etc. so the standard fits the job. But from a safety standpoint as a solo female would it be worth it to upgrade to a preferred room which is closer to the main buildings? It's a nearly $100 difference per night.

I looked into paying even MORE for a tower room but I really don't think it's all that necessary. I would just like to minimize the amount of time I'm walking back to my room alone, at night, potentially after leaving one of the hotel bars (not intoxicated, but not just going directly from bus to room).

What do you think?

I'm booked for 3 nights in May for a standard room and it's my first time at CSR and my first solo trip.

All things considered I'm perfectly fine with walking far, not having the best view, etc. so the standard fits the job. But from a safety standpoint as a solo female would it be worth it to upgrade to a preferred room which is closer to the main buildings? It's a nearly $100 difference per night.

I looked into paying even MORE for a tower room but I really don't think it's all that necessary. I would just like to minimize the amount of time I'm walking back to my room alone, at night, potentially after leaving one of the hotel bars (not intoxicated, but not just going directly from bus to room).

What do you think?
I completely understand your concerns and one should ALWAYS stay vigilant but specific to CSR I would personally not pay more for a preferred room. Every building has nooks, darker hallways, staircases, etc so the distance may actually work in your favor as if someone were to actually follow you, there would be a longer distance for this to be made obvious and for you to take notice and divert as necessary. Also, the addition of the bridges and the middle lake restaurant/bar area really helps a lot! Every time we’ve stayed at CSR we see families, groups, singles, runners, walkers out meandering around late into the evening, sitting on the bridge benches or around the lake. Often, we’re part of that crowd, not turning in until 12-1:00 am or so. You could always hang around outside in the common/bar area and wait until a group leaves and follow not-so-obviously behind them. 😉 We’ve had a younger college age gal once ask if she could walk with our family as we headed to the far end of the Casitas section and thought nothing of it and were happy to help her feel safe. As a mom of teens, I’d want someone to help my kids the same way. You can always request a room closer to the main area, but not so close as preferred, as you’re alone and are concerned about safety. I have found the cast members to be very helpful with anything concerning safety.

Thank you for that. I'm in my late 30's and live in a large city so I'm well versed in taking precautions but I still want to feel as safe as possible without going overboard. Having never stepped foot on CSR property it's good to know the extra $300+ isn't necessarily the best option.

I'll reach out to them before the trip and let them know my concerns and place my request for a closer standard room.

I have a friend staying at CSR in a standard room next week. I'm trying to help her make a plan for the mornings as far as what time to get to the bus stop, more than one stop, etc. They have 2 MK days and 1 AK day. 1 of their MK days they want to be there in time for ETPE but NOT for the running of the bulls to SDMT or anything like that. Just long enough for pictures before the opening show and then head to their first attraction. What do you all suggest? We are usually at the front of a rope drop crowd, so I don't know what time might be the "sweet spot" for the buses. And would I be better off to tell her to head to the Casita's section to catch the bus or just take a chance? I was leaning towards telling her maybe 7:15-7:30 but that might be too late and the lines be ridiculous waiting?!? (For instance, at Christmas we usually were at bus stops by 6:15 and waited maybe 5 min and were one of 2-3 families on the bus! lol)

I was told about 1pm that ALL "early check in" and "straight to room" are not assigned until 3pm. Why is there a spot to request early check in if not allowed?

I was told about 1pm that ALL "early check in" and "straight to room" are not assigned until 3pm. Why is there a spot to request early check in if not allowed?

Because sometimes it is possible. And it is just a request to get in early, not a guarantee that it will be.

Apparently today it was not possible, but they prioritized the early check in requests for first cleanings.

So for the Coronado restaurants, which ones are in the tower and which ones are for the older resort? Thx!

Because sometimes it is possible. And it is just a request to get in early, not a guarantee that it will be.

Apparently today it was not possible, but they prioritized the early check in requests for first cleanings.
Well, didn't prioritize but we finally got a room just after 4. I think a text simply stating, " sorry we won't be able to accommodate your request today" would go ALONG way for those waiting.

Well, didn't prioritize but we finally got a room just after 4. I think a text simply stating, " sorry we won't be able to accommodate your request today" would go ALONG way for those waiting.
With thousands of room and hundreds of room assignments/requests a day-just at ONE of the resorts, that’s impossible to track and respond to. Hyatt, Marriott, Wyndham don’t text back either. I think sometimes our Disney expectations can get a bit much.

I’m here too and also didn’t get a room until about 4:30 on Friday. They are VERY full this week. Didn’t mind-always have the pool. 😉

With thousands of room and hundreds of room assignments/requests a day-just at ONE of the resorts, that’s impossible to track and respond to. Hyatt, Marriott, Wyndham don’t text back either. I think sometimes our Disney expectations can get a bit much.

This. Plus there is never a guarantee of being able to check in early, so there is really no reason for them to text anything like “Sorry, no early check-in.”

There is not even a guarantee of a text if you do online check-in.

My guess - and it is just that - is they prioritized the rooms assigned for those outright requesting early check-in first (though that is also dependent on when people leave - if someone doesn’t vacate until check-out time, that room cannot be cleaned as early), and then those who went to the desk rather than waiting on a text, then those arriving at or after check-in time or those arriving early who did not request it.

I’m pretty sure had I not gone to the desk this summer merely to make sure my Magic Bands were all linked and then the CM unprompted checked to see if there was an available room I would have been waiting a lot longer to get into one as I had already gotten the “not yet ready” text. (And no, I did not ask for a room when I was at the desk. I even said “I know my room is not ready and I am totally fine with that. I just want to make sure my Magic Bands are connected as I had a problem with that in February.”)

I know there are several bus stops at this resort. Are there any that are better to use first thing in the morning to get to the parks?

If you have time, can you please take a picture of the March Recreation Calendar for me so I can post it on the Monthly Resort Recreation Calendar Thread? I’d truly appreciate it! Thank you so much, I hope you have a great time!
Where might I find this? I’m at the pool now and asked if they had a printed recreation/activity guide like we’ve always gotten at French quarter or Caribbean Beach but they said they don’t do that. Is this on the TV or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter