• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Yep!

From one side of the water-view, you can see MK and the other side of water-view, you can see Everest!

We requested Everest view using Touring Plans (we'll be fine with whatever!) and it said "west-facing room" when we chose our view. I looked and the MK water-view they have listed as a "north-facing room".

I don't pretend to understand the directions, but use the above verbiage in your request!

Ooh good! Maybe if word gets out that the other side can see the MK fireworks, it'll make it easier to get my Everest-facing request!

Ooh good! Maybe if word gets out that the other side can see the MK fireworks, it'll make it easier to get my Everest-facing request!
That is such a cool view. In January, I was working and it was awesome to just gaze out at Everest.( DD was in school and she had to turn her chair away, she said it was making her distracted :D)

While we're sharing views, I had this room awhile back....

DIS downgrades the photos too much to really see, but that's MK/CR way off in the distance (yellow circle). You can see fireworks, but it's a ways off for sure.

The view to the left. That's Everest just barely visible. If facing our door from the hallway, any room to the right of this would have had a ever increasing view of Everest.

MK fireworks view.

Great pics @GADisneyDad14! They make me want to go back :)

To add a few photos, I can't recall the exact room # block or even floor we stayed on in January, but this was our EE facing room (we stayed another time in the middle section where EE was visible but it was harder to see). We were definitely much further to the right during this stay as @GADisneyDad14's notes in his post above about those rooms.

The first pic was more zoomed in, but even without a zoom (and I'm not sure how much zoom the 2nd pic had), but even just looking out the window, the view was great! You could also the top of the Tree of Life and a little of Pandora.

The one place I would recommend not staying in if you're noise-sensitive is the rooms all the way to the right of GDT because there are huge fans below. (I think it only affects 2-3 rooms for each floor) The sound really bothered me. (Plus the fans kicked up yuck from the water that splotches on the windows.) YMMV, but I'd take the annoying airport and highway traffic I live near any day over those fans! lol

Although you could see both Epcot and DHS and have water views too, that was nice! We were on the 7th floor and it could be higher floors don't have the same noise and yuck levels from the fans.

We're staying at CSR in December and I went to make our anniversary dinner ADR this morning at Toledo and didn't realize they are closed on Mondays. By the time I saw that all my back ups were gone.
Just a heads up in case you didn't know this either.

While we're sharing views, I had this room awhile back....

View attachment 612700

DIS downgrades the photos too much to really see, but that's MK/CR way off in the distance (yellow circle). You can see fireworks, but it's a ways off for sure.

View attachment 612703

The view to the left. That's Everest just barely visible. If facing our door from the hallway, any room to the right of this would have had a ever increasing view of Everest.
View attachment 612704

MK fireworks view.
View attachment 612705

Was that a regular room? It looks much larger from the map!

Was that a regular room? It looks much larger from the map!

No, it was a Tower - Deluxe Suite.

Pretty nice room/layout. Only small downside is both the ones in my location and the other side wrap around the passenger and service elevator banks and I could hear a bit of elevator type noises at times. Nothing atrocious, just a small nit.

Looking for Gran Destino Standard view room recommendations. We have not stayed at Gran Destino and I would like a room that is convenient to elevators as I just had a foot operation. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Catherine

Looking for Gran Destino Standard view room recommendations. We have not stayed at Gran Destino and I would like a room that is convenient to elevators as I just had a foot operation. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Catherine
We stayed in room 733 and loved it for the access and views across to the fireworks. I would have been even happier being a couple of floors higher; we could faintly hear the bus noises from that floor. Not a huge bother, but still. Enjoy your stay!

How realistic is it to make front of line rope drop from CSR? We stayed at Polynesian last week. Our first trip to Disney as a family though we went before kids. Our kids had such a great time, we have to go back. Looking to cut costs.

Our kids (and me) want to do one thing and one thing only: rides. So, the early morning rope drop is important to us. How realistic is it to make front of the line rope drop at MK from CSR given the bus situation?

I read that buses have come by at 7ish. Any update on that? And, assuming we get a bus around that time to MK, can we get a good spot for rope drop?

Not sure what you mean by a “good spot”. There are several different strategies to rope drop and everyone is held in the hub until they open the lands. Resort guests get in earlier but still have to meander through the crowds to get to the land entrance. The Magic Kingdom parking lot opens two hours prior to park opening so people who drive themselves obviously have a jumpstart. It’s important to remember that literally every single person staying on Disney property gets the early entrance and depending on bus routes, delays at security or park entrance, these can all have an effect as to when you actually get into Magic Kingdom. Then you have to make it up to the land entrance. To be the first of the first, you would need to drive yourself or Uber but if you’re just talking about getting in for the early entrance for resort guests, Disney transportation will get you there just fine.

Not sure what you mean by a “good spot”. There are several different strategies to rope drop and everyone is held in the hub until they open the lands. Resort guests get in earlier but still have to meander through the crowds to get to the land entrance. The Magic Kingdom parking lot opens two hours prior to park opening so people who drive themselves obviously have a jumpstart. It’s important to remember that literally every single person staying on Disney property gets the early entrance and depending on bus routes, delays at security or park entrance, these can all have an effect as to when you actually get into Magic Kingdom. Then you have to make it up to the land entrance. To be the first of the first, you would need to drive yourself or Uber but if you’re just talking about getting in for the early entrance for resort guests, Disney transportation will get you there just fine.
Yep, I meant "first of the first". Our definition of rope drop is touching the rope lol. Well darnit we will make adjustments. Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter