Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSR had such a nice vibe tonight!! What a major difference from January. Dig Site still hopping at 9:30, movie at 8ish on the grass, live entertainment at the Laguna bar. Just feels alive. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like this since two of our three stays were in 2020.

Family is still out there playing by the Dig Site, which is prob closing right now.

Elevators are weird this trip though and not very smooth which we've never seen before - long waits and they don't seem to be aligning with which one you're being directed to. Another person who has been here for a few days (we just arrived today) said it's been off all week.

Thanks for the update!! Where is the movie being shown now? Did you happen to see if the campfire is back? Enjoy your trip!!

Thanks for the update!! Where is the movie being shown now? Did you happen to see if the campfire is back? Enjoy your trip!!
There's a campfire here?!?!
The movie is outside on the grass outside GDT. There is also furniture out there now and in other areas of the resort that I've never seen before.

Also, not sure when this happened, the walls that covered the old check-in desks are now gone! Tables with seating and outlets, etc. are there now. Lots of seating throughout the common areas that seem to be new additions.

Thanks so much!! Been in FL since 6/19 and we've been having a blast - we check out on Tuesday.

There's a campfire here?!?!
Thanks so much for the report! The bonfire was held in the Dig Site area when we were there at the very end of 2019. No idea if that's still the case though! Thanks for the live update. Do happy to hear you're having a great time!!

CSR had such a nice vibe tonight!! What a major difference from January. Dig Site still hopping at 9:30, movie at 8ish on the grass, live entertainment at the Laguna bar. Just feels alive. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like this since two of our three stays were in 2020.

Family is still out there playing by the Dig Site, which is prob closing right now.

Elevators are weird this trip though and not very smooth which we've never seen before - long waits and they don't seem to be aligning with which one you're being directed to. Another person who has been here for a few days (we just arrived today) said it's been off all week.

Here now too! It almost feels as vibrant as pre-Covid days! So good to see so many guests back!

The tower elevators are having trouble keeping up, but part of that has to be due to how they’re set. If you remember before the shutdown, they could stop on multiple floors. They are now set so that when you select your floor, an elevator is dedicated to you. That wasn’t an issue several months ago when occupancy was low, but it is now!

Here now too! It almost feels as vibrant as pre-Covid days! So good to see so many guests back!

The tower elevators are having trouble keeping up, but part of that has to be due to how they’re set. If you remember before the shutdown, they could stop on multiple floors. They are now set so that when you select your floor, an elevator is dedicated to you. That wasn’t an issue several months ago when occupancy was low, but it is now!
That makes sense, thanks!
We'd only stayed in Casitas before the shutdown so had no experience with the elevators. This is the first trip we've shared an elevator in GDT! We did get an elevator last night that had 3 or 4 floors listed, which I don't think we've ever seen before either.

Csr schedule (apologies for the sideways, I'm not the most mobile friendly :))

Attachments

• 20210628_115901.jpg
    20210628_115901.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 59

Csr schedule (apologies for the sideways, I'm not the most mobile friendly :))
Thank you soo much for posting! Will you by chance still be there on July 1st? I wondered if you could take a picture of the July schedule? No worries if you won't be there. I can't remember if you said when you're leaving. Enjoy every minute!!

Thank you soo much for posting! Will you by chance still be there on July 1st? I wondered if you could take a picture of the July schedule? No worries if you won't be there. I can't remember if you said when you're leaving. Enjoy every minute!!
If they post it early I'll take a pic.

Thanks! We leave tomorrow:). (Just a quick 2 night add on at the end of the week trip, no parks, just relaxing 😎)

Forget what I posted earlier regarding dedicated elevators. This afternoon that all changed! The elevator wait is much less now , but you’ll likely stop on multiple floors.

Nice! They probably reconfigured them again to work like they did pre-covid.

Thanks! And don't stress it - I'm the one who says the rainfall/handheld shower in the Poly turned me into a shower snob.

lol, I consider myself a Poly snob, but we just returned from a stay at CSR standard view with my DD’s dance group (i.e., we had no real choice in room view or location with the group booking). It was amazing. We were in 7B Rancheros and there was a rain shower. 😉

Staying at CSR for the first time towards the end of this month. Was wondering what the food situation was looking like, Besides Rix's, is any other of the sit down dining options open? Is their food court area open, or is it all just grab and go stuff?

Last week they still had grab and go in the food court, but seating was open for all. Rix Lounge was open. Not sure about the other on-site location, we made our ADRs in the parks and Disney Springs.

We have our very first Coronado stay coming up in a few weeks! Super excited - it's a treat for my oldest kids' graduation and my son...he just LOVES a hot tub!

We have a standard room, so are pretty nervous about buses; also have two reservations for Cafe Rix, so hoping that's yummy.

Any other tips for a newbie? Room requests - we heard Casitas was a nice option. TIA!

we were in 7B Rancheros, closest to the Cabanas bus stop (3rd stop/2nd to last stop). Only once on the way to MK at 8:11 did the bus get too full to stop at the tower. We got an actual seat on that bus. I prefer the Cabanas and Rancheros sections which are closer to the main pool and an easy walk to El Centro and Gran Destino across the bridges. 7B building was perfect (also stayed in 6A years ago and that is a bit out there, but it was quiet and we had a pretty pond view with a standard room)

Last edited:
lol, I consider myself a Poly snob, but we just returned from a stay at CSR standard view with my DD’s dance group (i.e., we had no real choice in room view or location with the group booking). It was amazing. We were in 7B Rancheros and there was a rain shower. 😉

Yeah, I've watched room tours. I like the rainfall head, but I LOVE the handheld! :rolleyes1

That's gorgeous!

Looks like I won't need to find late night eats after all, I asked my boss if I could just do a half day next Friday and she was cool with it so I ended up changing my flight so I get into MCO at 6pm. That way I can enjoy dinner and head into a park when I arrive...I got an Epcot reservation. I'm forcing myself to do carry on only :scared1: so I won't be hung up at baggage claim.

I know DME can be a crapshoot with the routes but what are the usual resorts CSR tends to share with?
Last two times we stayed at Coronado (this was pre-covid, we stopped at POP and I believe it was All Star Sports. A couple trips prior to our last trip, Coronado was the first. So, who knows. Have a great time!

I have to say it's hard to understand why Gran Destino rooms (particularly Club level) won't be included in the new extra after hours offerings. It's giving us serious consideration of whether rebooking to the cheapest Deluxe resort room is worth more (be cheaper in all likelihood once discounts come out than what we'd pay for Gran Destino.)

Gluten Free quick service with kid friendly options such as chicken nuggets, burgers, pizza, mickey waffles? How is the quick service here for gluten free compared to Caribbean Beach and other Disney hotels? Is the food service at CSR still run by an outside company? thanks.

Does anyone know if any rooms in the Cabanas section have walk-in showers and not a shower/tub combo?

I saw a youtube video of a walk in shower in the casitas section but otherwise I’ve only seen shower/tub combo rooms on room walkthroughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter