Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. I'd rather this before Maya Grill.

Honestly, I'd rather Barcelona Lounge and Rix Cafe go back to normal, pre-pandemic hours and El Mercado go back to normal operations rather than Maya Grill reopening.

Actually it would be nice to have El Mercado back to offering freshly made food instead of the “grab and go” style with food being put out on shelves in closed containers ...cold and soggy food at premium prices. It would also be nice to see Rix Sports Bar offer different options instead of the 4 different hot dog versions currently on their menu in addition to just a few other sandwiches.

Actually it would be nice to have El Mercado back to offering freshly made food instead of the “grab and go” style with food being put out on shelves in closed containers ...cold and soggy food at premium prices. It would also be nice to see Rix Sports Bar offer different options instead of the 4 different hot dog versions currently on their menu in addition to just a few other sandwiches.

that's what I meant by normal operations.

I will be Ubering to and from DS. It is just too much now with the bus system.
I’m hoping to use Lyft or Uber as a backup in the event the bus situation isn’t ideal… however I’m a bit nervous as I’ve heard that sometimes they won’t let Uber in first thing in the AM, that defeats the purpose if we can’t be let off at the park entrance 😢

We are driving down to check my daughter in for her DCP and staying at CSR starting the night before her checkin. So we are checking in July 11, and she is going to DCP July 12. She will be taking the car with her for her DCP, but for our Sunday check in we will have the car, and then she's taking it on Monday. Will they charge us parking for the whole time, or will we be able to tell them that the car is only here for the one night? Also, it's been a while since I've been on these boards - can someone remind me how much parking is?

Thanks!

We are driving down to check my daughter in for her DCP and staying at CSR starting the night before her checkin. So we are checking in July 11, and she is going to DCP July 12. She will be taking the car with her for her DCP, but for our Sunday check in we will have the car, and then she's taking it on Monday. Will they charge us parking for the whole time, or will we be able to tell them that the car is only here for the one night? Also, it's been a while since I've been on these boards - can someone remind me how much parking is?

Thanks!

Congrats to your daughter! I hope she has as wonderful an experience as my DD did 7 years ago!

The car shouldn’t be an issue. Go to the front desk on Monday and tell them the car was only there 1 night. You can also check your MDE app for charges to make sure only one night’s parking is charged. The nightly parking charge at a Moderate is $20 (that includes the tax).

We are here now and busses have been hit and miss. Mornings at Casista’s can be crowded so try and get there early as possible. Coming back from the parks has been great. MK had a decent amount of busses at closing with a constant flow going to CS. Coming back from DS was a mess. Long line and people with family members who have scooters would get priority even though people had been waiting longer. One man finally spoke up to the driver and they made those families wait their turns.

Local here... AP holders, and we live very close to WDW, less than 15 minutes... So we go to Disney Springs quite a bit, and do quite a few 1 or 2 night stays... I will say that the issue with Disney Spring buses needs to be dealt with... it was like this before the closure, so not something new..
There needs to be a CM, directing what is happening in the bus loop, and a CM say between 2 or 3 bus stops within the loop, and some real security walking about... especially when things start heading toward closing times... We have seen some craziness, and foolish unsafe behavior, as well as over indulgence. It's normally hot, and humid, people are over tired, and some adult beverages might play into it, it like the recipe for the perfect storm...

The issues with scooter and wheel chairs is on going... not sure if this is every going to be resolved...

Are there electrical outlets on both sides of the beds in a standard room? We both have to plug in CPAP’s so we need an outlet on both sides. We have watched several YouTube videos and can’t tell from any of them.
Thanks!

Been a while since I've posted on any boards here but my husband and I just booked for February 2022 at Coronado. It's our fifth wedding anniversary and we had stayed there last on our honeymoon in 2017. Can't wait to go back and hoping that operations at the resort will have returned to "normal" by that point.

Are there electrical outlets on both sides of the beds in a standard room? We both have to plug in CPAP’s so we need an outlet on both sides. We have watched several YouTube videos and can’t tell from any of them.
Thanks!
There’s a nightstand with multiple outlets in between the beds. Plenty of room for both beds to plug in. There may be wall plug ins as well, but we just used the nightstand.

Hello! We just switched our 2 night stay from Pop to CSR. We have never stayed here so kind of excited! Are all of the standard rooms refurbished? Best area to request a standard room?
Thank you!

Just back Sunday from a lovely stay at Grand Destino Tower. That place is so beautiful! I would love to stay there again sometime. We had a 5th floor lake view room and the windows are huge. We left the curtains open all night to enjoy the lighted fountain and lights around the lake, so pretty. With interior hallways and an upper floor we didn't have to worry about someone walking past our windows.

I love the design details! The brass lamps hanging in the entry, the dandelion designs everywhere, the hidden Mickey in the bathroom door, the design in the port cochere ceiling that mirrors the floor, the tile work on the back of the outdoor benches looking out at the lake. This place kept surprising me. I also enjoyed the scent that welcomed me every time I entered the lobby and the music playing in the bushes on the way to the bus stop.

Housekeeping was exceptional. How can I say this when there is almost no house keeping right now? Towel Mickey head on the bed on arrival, housekeeping coming every day to ask if we need anything and suggest things we might need, replaced towels, coffee supplies, took trash. A manager from housekeeping came on the second day to make sure everything was ok. When I told her we were sleeping earlier when someone came, but we would like our trash removed, she went and got gloves and a trash bag and emptied our trash herself. Above and beyond and I was impressed. As a side note, when we stayed at Yacht Club this February I couldn't even get someone to take our trash for three days even with calling. They even told me not to take it someone myself. I hate having trash overflowing in my room.

Walking was not a problem for me, because of the tower location. We have stayed at CSR four times before the tower was built. I use a rollator to walk and minimizing walking is important to me. I liked having a bus stop just down a ramp from the front door, having the cabanas quiet pool a few steps from the lake-side door and a short interior hallway to the gift shop and Rix Sports bar where we ate a couple times.

The elevator system is pure genius! Call an elevator for the floor you want, screen tells you which one to get on, get in and no button to push, door closes, quick and smooth ride directly to your floor with out stopping. Loved it!
Thanks for your review we felt the same way when we stayed this past November.

Hello everyone! It's been four LONG years since my last trip. Booking CSR soon for June 2022.
My biggest concern is with the busses. I know with Covid, everything is different... so... I'm guessing I need perspective from people who have stayed at CSR pre-covid. We really want the Cabanas buildings.... but... that's the 3rd bus stop and we are concerned with having to stand every bus trip (we do a lot of rope-dropping), or worse, not get on because the bus is already full from Casitas and Ranchos. I guess I find it hard to believe that we could pay that much, and just because of the location of our "building", we would be left high and dry without a bus because it was already filled up... doesn't that mean they should send more busses?
Just looking for someone's bus experience with staying in Cabanas.
I suppose we could request the Casitas section... but.... we really like the Cabanas section better.....

We just got back yesterday! We stayed in the tower and it was so beautiful. I had great interactions with CMs and our room was wonderful. I highly recommend the Dahlia Lounge and Three Bridges!

The bus situation wasn't as bad as I expected, but our most recent stay before this one was at AKL where it takes forever to get anywhere! There was one afternoon that we ended up taking a Lyft to Epcot because the posted time for the next bus was over 30 minutes, and one morning we took a Lyft to HS rather than wait because the line was very long (halfway up the steps)! Aside from that, we never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus to or from the resort. We also never had issues with buses being at capacity and having to wait for a second bus, but there were also only two of us so YMMV depending on the size of your party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter