• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone there now that can update on the lunch/dinner options at El Mercado? Still pretty slim choices?

I thought buildings 4 and 5 in Casitas were Standard and only 1, 2, and 3 were Preferred.

I did not know this. Do you know why? Buildings 4 and 5 are closer to the bus stop and are standard? But I guess that 1,2, and 3 are closer to the food.

My most recent booking was for a preferred room bc I did not want the extra walking to Ranchos or Cabana's. Too bad you can't guarantee a Casita's 4 or 5 and get the standard rate.

I did not know this. Do you know why? Buildings 4 and 5 are closer to the bus stop and are standard? But I guess that 1,2, and 3 are closer to the food.

My most recent booking was for a preferred room bc I did not want the extra walking to Ranchos or Cabana's. Too bad you can't guarantee a Casita's 4 or 5 and get the standard rate.
We were in a standard room in Casitas 4. We’d been assigned in Ranchos but I’d previously put in a request for Casitas. I asked politely at the desk before we went to our room and they switched us. Key right now is to not enter your room if you want a chance to be moved (COVID cleaning).

Casitas 1-3 is preferred due to proximity to the convention center and GDT (and former main El Centro lobby). Bus stop 1 used to pick up and drop off in front of El Centro. Casitas typically accommodates convention guests.

Casitas 4-5 puts you closer to bus stop 2. Casitas 1-3 puts you closer to GDT/El Centro and between bus stop 1 and 2. We use both stops to our advantage.

Last week the stop in front of Casitas 4/5 was definitely the first stop to the parks in the morning. We got on empty buses all week.

Just back Sunday from a lovely stay at Grand Destino Tower. That place is so beautiful! I would love to stay there again sometime. We had a 5th floor lake view room and the windows are huge. We left the curtains open all night to enjoy the lighted fountain and lights around the lake, so pretty. With interior hallways and an upper floor we didn't have to worry about someone walking past our windows.

I love the design details! The brass lamps hanging in the entry, the dandelion designs everywhere, the hidden Mickey in the bathroom door, the design in the port cochere ceiling that mirrors the floor, the tile work on the back of the outdoor benches looking out at the lake. This place kept surprising me. I also enjoyed the scent that welcomed me every time I entered the lobby and the music playing in the bushes on the way to the bus stop.

Housekeeping was exceptional. How can I say this when there is almost no house keeping right now? Towel Mickey head on the bed on arrival, housekeeping coming every day to ask if we need anything and suggest things we might need, replaced towels, coffee supplies, took trash. A manager from housekeeping came on the second day to make sure everything was ok. When I told her we were sleeping earlier when someone came, but we would like our trash removed, she went and got gloves and a trash bag and emptied our trash herself. Above and beyond and I was impressed. As a side note, when we stayed at Yacht Club this February I couldn't even get someone to take our trash for three days even with calling. They even told me not to take it someone myself. I hate having trash overflowing in my room.

Walking was not a problem for me, because of the tower location. We have stayed at CSR four times before the tower was built. I use a rollator to walk and minimizing walking is important to me. I liked having a bus stop just down a ramp from the front door, having the cabanas quiet pool a few steps from the lake-side door and a short interior hallway to the gift shop and Rix Sports bar where we ate a couple times.

The elevator system is pure genius! Call an elevator for the floor you want, screen tells you which one to get on, get in and no button to push, door closes, quick and smooth ride directly to your floor with out stopping. Loved it!

Just back Sunday from a lovely stay at Grand Destino Tower. That place is so beautiful! I would love to stay there again sometime. We had a 5th floor lake view room and the windows are huge. We left the curtains open all night to enjoy the lighted fountain and lights around the lake, so pretty. With interior hallways and an upper floor we didn't have to worry about someone walking past our windows.

I love the design details! The brass lamps hanging in the entry, the dandelion designs everywhere, the hidden Mickey in the bathroom door, the design in the port cochere ceiling that mirrors the floor, the tile work on the back of the outdoor benches looking out at the lake. This place kept surprising me. I also enjoyed the scent that welcomed me every time I entered the lobby and the music playing in the bushes on the way to the bus stop.

Housekeeping was exceptional. How can I say this when there is almost no house keeping right now? Towel Mickey head on the bed on arrival, housekeeping coming every day to ask if we need anything and suggest things we might need, replaced towels, coffee supplies, took trash. A manager from housekeeping came on the second day to make sure everything was ok. When I told her we were sleeping earlier when someone came, but we would like our trash removed, she went and got gloves and a trash bag and emptied our trash herself. Above and beyond and I was impressed. As a side note, when we stayed at Yacht Club this February I couldn't even get someone to take our trash for three days even with calling. They even told me not to take it someone myself. I hate having trash overflowing in my room.

Walking was not a problem for me, because of the tower location. We have stayed at CSR four times before the tower was built. I use a rollator to walk and minimizing walking is important to me. I liked having a bus stop just down a ramp from the front door, having the cabanas quiet pool a few steps from the lake-side door and a short interior hallway to the gift shop and Rix Sports bar where we ate a couple times.

The elevator system is pure genius! Call an elevator for the floor you want, screen tells you which one to get on, get in and no button to push, door closes, quick and smooth ride directly to your floor with out stopping. Loved it!

Oh wow! Thanks for this great review! Really excited for our October stay. We also have a water-view booked so we plan to keep the curtains open to see the lights!

Hey friends!

Reports on Facebook that buses are loading to capacity again and everything seems back to normal - so "normal" complaints! :D
I wonder if things will be back better enough not to have to Uber or Lyft to parks?

We are here now and busses have been hit and miss. Mornings at Casista’s can be crowded so try and get there early as possible. Coming back from the parks has been great. MK had a decent amount of busses at closing with a constant flow going to CS. Coming back from DS was a mess. Long line and people with family members who have scooters would get priority even though people had been waiting longer. One man finally spoke up to the driver and they made those families wait their turns.

I am loving the look of the Tower. My trip is in the fall of 2022, with 4 adults, our 2 sons will be joining us and I was considering booking the tower club level instead of Yacht Club club level. I am torn because I love the location of Yacht club, and the walking options to DHS/Epcot, also all the dining options. However, GDT is so beautiful and cheaper, saving us a couple thousand dollars in comparison to Yacht Club. It's a hard decision! The biggest drawback to the tower seems to be bussing availability. I am ok with budgeting some uber/lyft rides if need be. I don't know which to choose with the 4 of us. This trip will be 6 days before our cruise and it's mostly for the boys in my life (Starwars lovers) to experience all the new things at DHS, and to do our favourites at other parks. Is GDT worth staying at over the location perks of Yacht Club??

I am loving the look of the Tower. My trip is in the fall of 2022, with 4 adults, our 2 sons will be joining us and I was considering booking the tower club level instead of Yacht Club club level. I am torn because I love the location of Yacht club, and the walking options to DHS/Epcot, also all the dining options. However, GDT is so beautiful and cheaper, saving us a couple thousand dollars in comparison to Yacht Club. It's a hard decision! The biggest drawback to the tower seems to be bussing availability. I am ok with budgeting some uber/lyft rides if need be. I don't know which to choose with the 4 of us. This trip will be 6 days before our cruise and it's mostly for the boys in my life (Starwars lovers) to experience all the new things at DHS, and to do our favourites at other parks. Is GDT worth staying at over the location perks of Yacht Club??

We were in same boat. We love staying at Yacht/Beach. Honestly, the walk to Epcot and DHS can't be beat, but....the price.

We are staying at Gran Destino in October for $3000 cheaper than Yacht. The hotel itself looks stunning, more food options (normally and expected again) than Yacht, I think Dahlia will be amazing...
The grounds at CSR look gorgeous, Three Bridges looks great, the pool isn't as nice as Yacht though.

So you have to take buses from Yacht to MK, AK and Disney Springs so we dealt with the bus there and it wasn't always the greatest. Knowing CSR is only buses wasn't that big of a deal to us. We can always Uber if in a hurry.

So ultimately for us, too much of a good thing at a much lower price to pass up. But, we don't have kids, so that may play a part.

Either way, you can't lose! :)

We are here now and busses have been hit and miss. Mornings at Casista’s can be crowded so try and get there early as possible. Coming back from the parks has been great. MK had a decent amount of busses at closing with a constant flow going to CS. Coming back from DS was a mess. Long line and people with family members who have scooters would get priority even though people had been waiting longer. One man finally spoke up to the driver and they made those families wait their turns.
I will be Ubering to and from DS. It is just too much now with the bus system.

We were in same boat. We love staying at Yacht/Beach. Honestly, the walk to Epcot and DHS can't be beat, but....the price.

We are staying at Gran Destino in October for $3000 cheaper than Yacht. The hotel itself looks stunning, more food options (normally and expected again) than Yacht, I think Dahlia will be amazing...
The grounds at CSR look gorgeous, Three Bridges looks great, the pool isn't as nice as Yacht though.

So you have to take buses from Yacht to MK, AK and Disney Springs so we dealt with the bus there and it wasn't always the greatest. Knowing CSR is only buses wasn't that big of a deal to us. We can always Uber if in a hurry.

So ultimately for us, too much of a good thing at a much lower price to pass up. But, we don't have kids, so that may play a part.

I know exactly how you feel! We have no kids, well we do but they’re our 29/25 year old kids… our boys lol…. We can Uber it if in a rush. $4,000 less is hard to pass up especially with Canadian exchange making that more like $5,500’ish!!!

Really hoping that there won't be any big tour groups at CSR in January. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for such during the next six months.

Tower Club may be the best overall value at Disney.

I'm depressed that Club Level won't be open for my late August trip. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter