Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Coronado Tower right now. Can’t stress enough how awful the bus situation is. This is our 4th stay in the Tower since it opened and while it’s always been bad, this is, by far, the worst.
By all means, budget some Lyft/Uber funds for trips to and from the hotel. The money spent will save you a ton of time and aggravation.
We always drive, even to TTC, for this very reason. The buses at the Tower are atrocious.

We always drive, even to TTC, for this very reason. The buses at the Tower are atrocious.

how far of a walk is it from the Tower to the first stop? We’re staying in the Tower in 6 weeks and I was thinking we’d just walk to that stop in the morning.

At Coronado Tower right now. Can’t stress enough how awful the bus situation is. This is our 4th stay in the Tower since it opened and while it’s always been bad, this is, by far, the worst.
By all means, budget some Lyft/Uber funds for trips to and from the hotel. The money spent will save you a ton of time and aggravation.
Sorry to hear it's gotten worse, not better :( Wish they'd add more buses for this resort. In November it was hit or miss for us but enough to make us bypass the Tower stop altogether in January and either drive or go to Casitas stop (bus for MK only).

Stayed at Pop in February for a brief stay and did an MK day. They had so many buses and, despite a large number of people waiting early at the bus stop, the lines were super organized and buses came right after one another. I think we got on the 5th bus after arriving at the bus stop a little after 7:30 a.m. for a 9 a.m. opening and got to MK earlier than we did from CSR.

how far of a walk is it from the Tower to the first stop? We’re staying in the Tower in 6 weeks and I was thinking we’d just walk to that stop in the morning.
We actually walked to stop 2 a few times during our stay to get away from the Tower crowds. Took about 10 minutes max but sometimes doesn’t help.

Just wanted to add that it isn’t like we were going at rope drop or any time that you would think there would be larger crowds. This morning was at about 9:30 to AK. Still a mess.
Really a shame since we love the Tower otherwise.

Are the buses passing the Tower stop by because they're already full from the other stops?

Are the buses passing the Tower stop by because they're already full from the other stops?
Hard to tell because you would have to go up the “driveway” to the tower stop and if you were to pass it on the way out you could just skip that road all together.

I always hate asking this because it sounds like I’m pre-judging, but I’m honestly not, just curious. What defines “awful” bus service? What sort of wait times are we talking about here?

FWIW, I was just reminded in another thread I think this weekend is one of those bigger cheer competitions and CSR and ASMovies are host hotels.

Probably some hyperbole to it but probably some seriousness too...I had a CSR bartender tell me once that they love working the cheer weekends - two months worth of tips in 3 days! 🤣

Does anyone know of a way at the moment to order merchandise from Coronado? I know the usual merchandise mail order line is down. I've been trying to find one of the current shirts for months, but they never have my size in.

To answer someone else's question about the bus, yes, full buses just bypass the tower stop, often making it be quite some time between buses, especially early in the morning.

Does anyone know of a way at the moment to order merchandise from Coronado? I know the usual merchandise mail order line is down. I've been trying to find one of the current shirts for months, but they never have my size in.

To answer someone else's question about the bus, yes, full buses just bypass the tower stop, often making it be quite some time between buses, especially early in the morning.

That's...unfortunate. Is this due to Covid distancing, or was this happening at Tower pre-covid?

They should have given the Tower it's own bus for the moment if this is such an issue. That's why I'm asking if anyone ever talked to management at Tower, what do they say? Oh well, so sad?

I was staying at Coronado this week. I waited over an hour for a bus from MK. So it is not just the tower stop that is having issues.

this makes me nervous. We usually stay at YC/BC and never have an issue. We decided to try the Tower out since this is a shorter, last minute trip. We are rope droppers - guess I’ll be budgeting for other transportation just in case.

All this talk of bus waits has got me nervous for our June stay. Just in case we need it, where does Ube/Lyft pick up if we are staying at the tower?

I always hate asking this because it sounds like I’m pre-judging, but I’m honestly not, just curious. What defines “awful” bus service? What sort of wait times are we talking about here?
Awful bus service to me is not so much about wait times. It’s more about crowds, lack of queues to line up at, and the frustration of watching multiple full buses go by your stop when you are waiting at the last stop.

I’ve only experienced this at Coronado pre-tower. But from recent reports, it sounds like not much as changed.

Does anybody know if it is Casitas 1 where there are some rooms where you have to take the elevator in the other building to gain access? I'm sorry, I know that is incredibly vague but it was a few years ago and I'm trying to remember where my room was then.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if it is Casitas 1 where there are some rooms where you have to take the elevator in the other building to gain access? I'm sorry, I know that is incredibly vague but it was a few years ago and I'm trying to remember where my room was then.
The 4th floor of casita 2. You can walk the stairs or use the elevator from casita 3 and cross the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter