• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, I just returned from a nice stay at CSR in the Casitas section. When I first entered my room, the TV was on with a Welcome sign on the screen with my last name on it and some music that played over and over again while I unpacked. I am trying to find out where I can listen to this music. It was a soft piano music. I did manage to tape about 35 seconds of it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can find this music to listen to online? :) Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
There are youtube channels of most of the Disney TV stations.
Though this music may have been the soundtrack to the Salvador Dali/Disney movie, Destino
I didn't pay attention to it myself (The TV music is DH's thing, LOL)

Hi, CSR people! I have a water-view room booked for my CSR stay. Is there any particular section I should ask for? Thank you!

There are youtube channels of most of the Disney TV stations.
Though this music may have been the soundtrack to the Salvador Dali/Disney movie, Destino
I didn't pay attention to it myself (The TV music is DH's thing, LOL)
@AngiTN: Love your new avatar picture!

We have a preferred room booked right now, but I'm wondering how much of a difference there is between a preferred room and a tower room? Tower rooms were available for about another $50/night when we originally booked, but they're not available now. I've been stalking the WDW site in case there's a cancellation. But is it really that different? Should I leave well enough alone?

We have a preferred room booked right now, but I'm wondering how much of a difference there is between a preferred room and a tower room? Tower rooms were available for about another $50/night when we originally booked, but they're not available now. I've been stalking the WDW site in case there's a cancellation. But is it really that different? Should I leave well enough alone?

I have had zero luck with standard tower rooms opening up, which are the best deal for a tower room. The king/water view tower rooms jump up a lot on price. I check daily and even asked at the front desk for my last trip, and no such luck. They are in demand, that’s for sure! I was a little disappointed but honestly the regular rooms are still really nice that it’s not too bad to have to walk a bit outside, especially since the resort is so beautiful at night. Plus preferred would be pretty close. My threshold to pay more for a tower room would probably be around $50/night, so really only standard fits the bill for me.

edit: I would add that I have not stayed in GDT yet but I have a tower water room reserved for a tentative solo 4th of July trip since I don’t want to deal with the heat as much, and standard (tower and non-tower) rooms were not available when I booked with the AP discount. So if I go through with it I will have to report back what I think the tower is worth!

Last edited:

I'd say the differences may be intangible/slight
If you are in the tower, you have interior doorways
If you are in the tower you won't have to check in at one location and go elsewhere to your room
Same for if you want to go to the lobby.
There's some dining in the top and 1st floors and the main restaurant/store are connected with a cover walkway. So you won't have to go outside if there's bad rain or it's cold.
Only you know if these things are worth the additional charge

Just changed to Coronado for my birthday trip in the summer! :D Standard View - not Tower. But it's all good! Saved almost $300 over CBR. It'll be my second time there - the first was like October 2000? Sometime a LONG time ago!! Requesting Cabanas section.

Just changed to Coronado for my birthday trip in the summer! :D Standard View - not Tower. But it's all good! Saved almost $300 over CBR. It'll be my second time there - the first was like October 2000? Sometime a LONG time ago!! Requesting Cabanas section.
I just did my online check in for May and there was an option to request the Cabanas section (but not any of the other sections). What is the advantage to requesting the Cabanas section?

I just did my online check in for May and there was an option to request the Cabanas section (but not any of the other sections). What is the advantage to requesting the Cabanas section?

For me, I think it's the prettiest. I also don't like the Casitas section as that was where my stay 20 years ago was and it didn't get off to the best start what with getting assigned to a room someone else was still in, so ghosts of visits past with that section. LOL.

I think pre-Tower there was a definite advantage to the Cabanas section - though I cannot remember what it was, and I'm not sure it's still there. It's definitely just the looks of a section for me that drives my requests (I live in NYC and walking is my way of life, so I don't stress about distances.)

DH & I just got back this weekend from staying in GDT water view for 1 night after a cruise (a treat for me!!).
Awesome resort!! Completely loved it!!

View from our window.

I've been stalking the AP discounts for my one-night stay on April 29 and today a water-view tower room for $230 popped up, so I took it. It's $40 more than the regular CSR water-view room was, but the tower just looks so gorgeous, and I'm going to use this as a fact-finding mission for future stays! And, to make things even better, I've also been stalking the MagicBands, and for the first time since I started looking they had the Toy Story 4 MB available--the one with the black background and all the characters on it, including Forky. So I snagged that too.

We have a trip booked for the end of August and am keeping hope we will still be able to go. There are 5 of us, 2 parents with 3 older teens, so we booked two standard rooms in the tower. We really, really want connecting rooms (I know, can’t be guaranteed) and when I made the reservations was told they do exist. However, reading through these pages I found the room locator on Touring Plans and I do not see any connecting rooms that are queen to queen, they are all showing queen connecting to king. I’m really bummed about this. Are the room descriptions on Touring Plans pretty accurate? There are some listed as king with queen sofa connecting to queen, but those appear to be club rooms and I doubt they’d give us that.

Still hopeful that our July trip to WDW will be going ahead. But just in case, I've been looking at availability for July 2021 instead. However, availability for CS seems very limited at the moment - just suites in the tower showing, which is very strange. Other hotels seem to have full availability - can't understand why CS is so limited.

Still hopeful that our July trip to WDW will be going ahead. But just in case, I've been looking at availability for July 2021 instead. However, availability for CS seems very limited at the moment - just suites in the tower showing, which is very strange. Other hotels seem to have full availability - can't understand why CS is so limited.
Keep trying. I called a few weeks ago and the CM told me the only thing available was club level in the tower. Then he asked me if my dates were firm. I told him no I could do other weeks. Next thing you know a water view room in the tower was magically available for the exact week I wanted. I think he was just trying to push a club level room on me.

Hi, I´m new at this forum, my name is Sabine and I´m from Germany (means sorry for my english). Last week I cancelled our stay from May/10/20 to May/23/20 at OKW 2 bedroom suite (so sad about this, had already made all ADR´s and Fastpass reservations :sad1:) At the same time I made a new booking to CSR Tower Deluxe Suite with Club Level access April/29/21 to May/12/21. I´m not able to reschedule our stay in late 2020, we are not able to get free time. Do you think, that a free dining will be offered for next year? We booked with an offer from the official site of Disney Ireland with 200 $ giftcard and a 100 $ extra giftcard for a "Star Wars Special". My second question after reading all the pages since opening the GDT. Has anyone made pictures in a Deluxe Suite with a "opened" queen sleeper sofa bed? Our son is going to sleep there and I´m wondering if it is comfortable for him... He is very tall but a "light-wight". Thanks and again sorry for my english, I tried my best...

Hi, I´m new at this forum, my name is Sabine and I´m from Germany (means sorry for my english). Last week I cancelled our stay from May/10/20 to May/23/20 at OKW 2 bedroom suite (so sad about this, had already made all ADR´s and Fastpass reservations :sad1:) At the same time I made a new booking to CSR Tower Deluxe Suite with Club Level access April/29/21 to May/12/21. I´m not able to reschedule our stay in late 2020, we are not able to get free time. Do you think, that a free dining will be offered for next year? We booked with an offer from the official site of Disney Ireland with 200 $ giftcard and a 100 $ extra giftcard for a "Star Wars Special". My second question after reading all the pages since opening the GDT. Has anyone made pictures in a Deluxe Suite with a "opened" queen sleeper sofa bed? Our son is going to sleep there and I´m wondering if it is comfortable for him... He is very tall but a "light-wight". Thanks and again sorry for my english, I tried my best...

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to say Hi! We will be there 4/28/21-5/7/21 - Tower Water View! :)

Happy Planning! I'm hoping for some good discounts next year too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter