Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited I was able to add 2 extra nights at the beginning of our trip checking in Dec 30, SV in the tower! I requested a high floor so we can see the NYE fireworks. I will be alone with a 5 year old and a 14 month old, so I plan on sipping my champagne at midnight looking out the window !!

Disney just upgraded us to CSR next month. Have never stayed there before. This is our nonpark vacation. So, we will be spending more time at the resort. May not be able to get my husband out of the hot tub. Where should we request, if we want to be close to the pool area? Also, where can I find the schedule of activities? Can we opt out of mousekeeping?
Wonderful pixie dust! Where were you originally before you got upgraded?

Our flight home isn't until 5pm so we're going to hang out at Coronado Springs & swim. Is there an area to shower & change near the pool since we will be checked out of our room & if so, is shampoo & shower gel provided?

Just got back from our week in Orlando. We spent 4 nights in Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. All I can say is what an amazing location! We were in room 9518 on the 15th floor. Although I had booked a standard Club Level room, we were upgraded (it was a total surprise!) with the view on the opposite side overlooking the resort and lake. The fireworks view was amazing! I was not expecting it to appear as close as it did. Also, the Dahlia Lounge is a great spot. ; ) The staff and all aspects of this resort made it a total winner for us. It was peaceful and beautiful with stellar service. Very highly recommend.

We just booked Cornado Springs for our company event that we're turning into family vacation in April! It's actually the 10th anniversary of my wife and I staying there when we got engaged, so super fun.

Are the new gondolas close by to Cornado?

We just booked Cornado Springs for our company event that we're turning into family vacation in April! It's actually the 10th anniversary of my wife and I staying there when we got engaged, so super fun.

You may be thinking of Riveria. Have a great trip!

The closest Skyliner Gondola Stations are at the Riviera Resort and Caribbean Beach Resort. They are about 2.6 miles from Coronado Springs.

The closest Skyliner Gondola Stations are at the Riviera Resort and Caribbean Beach Resort. They are about 2.6 miles from Coronado Springs.
And not walkable, for those curious. Disney doesn’t have adequate side walk system between any resorts, unless they are true sister resorts like the All Stars, PO, AKL resorts, plus a couple more.

Enjoying our stay at CSR so far.
Staff is wonderful and everything is spify and new.

I found our experience at the roof top restaurant, Toledo’s, less than stellar. DH loved his meal. Food was fine but service was atroious. I have no desire to return.
I am so sorry that you didn't have a positive experience at Toledo. It was a great experience for me several months ago. Great food and service, though they were seating late. Still, I wish it had gone better for you. Just for THIS dessert, I'll be back.....

Attachments

• Yj7jng5iQGCaDhEG13+nCg.jpg
    Yj7jng5iQGCaDhEG13+nCg.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 20
I am so sorry that you didn't have a positive experience at Toledo. It was a great experience for me several months ago. Great food and service, though they were seating late. Still, I wish it had gone better for you. Just for THIS dessert, I'll be back.....
DH loved it so I’m sure we’ll return
We just drew a crappy waiter. He NEVER checked on us till he brought food. That took an hour and the place was not full

DH loved it so I’m sure we’ll return
We just drew a crappy waiter. He NEVER checked on us till he brought food. That took an hour and the place was not full

How do you like the looks of the hotel? Views? Good vibe there?

How do you like the looks of the hotel? Views? Good vibe there?
It’s lovely
Nice and crisp and new
Staff has been wonderful
When we started out after breakfast this morning of the manager type CM asked what park we were heading to
Told him MK and he loaded 3 anytime FP in our account for DH and I for today
Then three different times the ride we’d booked FP for went down so we got 3 more anytime FP.

It’s lovely
Nice and crisp and new
Staff has been wonderful
When we started out after breakfast this morning of the manager type CM asked what park we were heading to
Then three different times the ride we’d booked FP for went down so we got 3 more anytime FP.
That’s awesome, I’m glad you are having a great trip. We are contemplating staying there for Thanksgiving week next year, but keep teetering back and forth with BWI club level. How has the transportation to the parks been? When we tried Animal Kingdom lodge, the transportation wasn’t great. Kidani picks up first and we either had to cram on a bus or wait for another one. DH is curious about the food offerings there as well.

That’s awesome, I’m glad you are having a great trip. We are contemplating staying there for Thanksgiving week next year, but keep teetering back and forth with BWI club level. How has the transportation to the parks been? When we tried Animal Kingdom lodge, the transportation wasn’t great. Kidani picks up first and we either had to cram on a bus or wait for another one. DH is curious about the food offerings there as well.
Food is so so thus far
Evening apps are not fully to my taste buds. I'm sure if it's something you like it's great. They've had brussel sprouts both nights we've been here. I like them a lot though their preparation isn't the best
Along that one night was a meatball, plant based I'm sure.
Last night was a taco that I hated but DH loved.
There's the tomato bread from upstairs and a cold salad
Some hummus and veggies pretty much round out the night stuff
Snacks is chips and nuts and such
Breakfast has been much better
Minnie Waffles, an egg dish (this morning is Spanish Eggs and are great)
Oatmeal
Pastries plus fruit and breads
Even have signs on the food!

Last edited:
Really weird seeing some of these complaints about Toledo. I have dined twice, the second time with friends that just raved about the place.

Service was great as was the food. Will be there in three weeks for the 3rd time. I know dinner will be there at least once. Wife loves Toledo and insists on staying in the towers.

Food is so so thus far
Evening apps are not fully to my taste buds. I'm sure if it's something you like it's great. They've had brussel sprouts both nights we've been here. I like them a lot though their preparation isn't the best
Along that one night was a meatball, plant based I'm sure.
Last night was a taco that one hated but DH loved.
There's the tomato bread from upstairs and a cold salad
Some hummus and veggies pretty much round out the night stuff
Snacks is chips and nuts and such
Breakfast has been much better
Minnie Waffles, an egg dish (this morning is Spanish Eggs and are great)
Oatmeal
Pastries plus fruit and breads
Even have signs on the food!
Thank you so much. From the posts/pictures we have seen from GDT, it looks so amazing. For us, we want to try something different and always enjoy when we we do but, the location of BWI for us is perfect. The ability to walk to two parks is so nice and we love the CM’s there. I wish GDT had their own dedicated bus system or not be the last pick up of the resort. I guess if the bus transportation wasn’t ideal we could take a Lyft. We would then only have to ride the bus to MK.

Thank you so much. From the posts/pictures we have seen from GDT, it looks so amazing. For us, we want to try something different and always enjoy when we we do but, the location of BWI for us is perfect. The ability to walk to two parks is so nice and we love the CM’s there. I wish GDT had their own dedicated bus system or not be the last pick up of the resort. I guess if the bus transportation wasn’t ideal we could take a Lyft. We would then only have to ride the bus to MK.
We didn't have awful service to and from mk yesterday
We left the resort about 9:15, 9:30 and there was a pretty decent line so we opted to use a Minnie van. We were meeting family for the 11:00 parade
Took the bus back about 3:30, very minimal wait. The tower was the last drop off returning from mk. It was first when we returned from DS the day before
We went back to the park about 7:30 and there was a bus there when we walked up, we had to stand but got on.
We left just after fireworks and they had bus running quickly. We got on the second bus. We stood but by choice. We're seated at the dessert party so our feet were fresh. Lol

It’s lovely
Nice and crisp and new
Staff has been wonderful

Glad you are enjoying the tower. I know you sounded slightly apprehensive about staying there as it was a little more out of your norm. The extra FPs for the day is pretty nice bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter