Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to head back to CSR in early 2020 if renting DVC points don't work out for us. CSR has the lowest rates available on property :banana: for the dates we need, however rooms are in the tower. I know most might prefer the tower but I actually prefer the backside of the resort in the Ranchos buildings. Tower doesn't feel as magical to me for some reason :confused3. Although, I am sure it would be lovely and I wouldn't have a single thing to complain about ::yes:: .

I remember the buses being a bit funky during our stay at CSR in 2017 but I know that can change by the day.
Just happy to have a chance to visit WDW again :cloud9: I am already dreaming up window/door/room decorating ideas :smickey:

I have a standard room booked at Coronado Springs in April but am thinking of upgrading to a room in the tower. The rooms definitely sound better. I’m a little worried hearing about it being the last bus stop though. Is it a relatively easy walk from there to the first bus stop?
Depends on your speed but it's probably a 7-10 minute walk from the tower to the Casitas bus stop. There isn't a good route around the parking lot so you'd want to walk along the lake over to building 4 and then cut over.

Depends on your speed but it's probably a 7-10 minute walk from the tower to the Casitas bus stop. There isn't a good route around the parking lot so you'd want to walk along the lake over to building 4 and then cut over.
Thanks! Hmm...I guess we could also just take Uber or lyft if it looks like the buses will take long or are coming by too full,

Thanks! Hmm...I guess we could also just take Uber or lyft if it looks like the buses will take long or are coming by too full,

That's what we did. In a week we only took an Uber twice because either a bus wasn't coming (not sure what the issue was with that) or there was a large crowd waiting. All other times bus service was great. Also never had an issue coming back from the parks.

That's what we did. In a week we only took an Uber twice because either a bus wasn't coming (not sure what the issue was with that) or there was a large crowd waiting. All other times bus service was great. Also never had an issue coming back from the parks.
Perfect, that's good to know. I assume it's worth it then to just go ahead and upgrade to a tower room over one of the standard rooms in the other buildings. We have a little unexpected extra money, not enough to switch to a deluxe hotel, but enough to try out a tower room and that seems to make sense.

From what I can tell online, the tower room's bathrooms are set up with the vanity/sink area in the same room as the shower and then the toilet is separated, correct? That is a super bummer for my family as we need the vanity and shower separation for getting ready in the mornings. I really wanted to try out a tower room, but I guess we will stick with the regular rooms. First world problem, I know. But boooo, lol.

I'm back from 5 nights at CSR. I've stayed there many times over the years, but this was my fist after all tower and lake construction was complete, so thought I'd share a few notes...

I prefer Standard views, but was only able to get a Water View for my dates and an AP rate. I requested Top Floor in Cabanas and got that in building 8C. The one thing I did not want was to overlook a pool, because we really dislike the morning noise, and our room (8911) did have a combo pool/lake view, but there was no music playing and it was a very quiet room, despite being just down the hall from the elevator. The location was great for getting to the tower and food options. Room was clean and in good repair.

We had a couple lunches at El Mercado and it was okay: nothing to rave about, but not awful. A shame, really, because its turkey burger was once the thing of legends, but this time it was dry and tasteless. We had a late bite at Cafe Rix and the food was good, but service was not - piling dirty dishes and glasses on our table and leaving them there while we were still seated and waiting for our bill?! Yikes. One gorgeous evening we tried Three Bridges and that was a highlight of our trip! Food was great, service fantastic, and relaxing on a couch, listening to holiday music, watching the sun set was just about perfect. I grabbed a quick latte at the Barcelona Lounge, which is just stunning. The whole tower was amazing, really - photos do not do it justice! We tried the Dahlia Lounge for a drink one night, too, and it was lovely, service excellent.

Overall, every interaction I had with CMs was friendly, polite and professional.

We only used the buses once, as I much prefer to drive my own car. We walked to the Tower bus stop because it was a bit closer to our room - waited only a couple minutes for a MK bus, which was mostly empty (this was around 1pm). Returning to the resort around 5:30pm, the bus was full and made fuller at each stop as more people got on than off (MVMCP night). I was reminded why I prefer to drive :)

The grounds were as beautiful as ever. I remember staying at CSR just after it opened and all the plantings were new and tiny: there was no shade and it was late May - it felt like a hot, arid desert then! With it all grown in, it's a really lovely, relaxing place to me.

Staying here for the first time this January for a long weekend visit, the main purpose being getting my daughter settled-in for her DCP program that starts January 13th! If check-in time is at 3:00pm, can you arrive earlier than that to enjoy resort and maybe get lunch at hotel or do you have to wait until 3pm to use the facilities?

Staying here for the first time this January for a long weekend visit, the main purpose being getting my daughter settled-in for her DCP program that starts January 13th! If check-in time is at 3:00pm, can you arrive earlier than that to enjoy resort and maybe get lunch at hotel or do you have to wait until 3pm to use the facilities?
You can check in as early as 6 or 7 AM, and if your room isn't ready you can check your luggage with Bell Services and then use any or all of the resort facilities, including getting lunch at the hotel or even swimming. Some people even hop a bus to a park or to Disney Springs and return when their room is ready.

Hi All,

We are here now and staying in the tower.
I thought I’d post that dig site including the hot tub hours end at 8:00 p.m. This is a huge disappointment for me and family. The whole reason I pay extra for a moderate is for the hot tub.
I’ve been following for a year so I don’t think this has been mentioned unless I missed it. I hope this helps others with their planning.

Hi All,

I thought I’d post that dig site including the hot tub hours end at 8:00 p.m. This is a huge disappointment for me and family. The whole reason I pay extra for a moderate is for the hot tub.
I’ve been following for a year so I don’t think this has been mentioned unless I missed it. I hope this helps others with their planning.

Wow, it was much later in Nov! I think it was 10 PM then.

We're thinking of braving the early hours to get to HS for RotR. It looks like we'll have to leave the resort around 5:30am. What time does El Mercado open in the morning? Or what are our other early breakfast options?

We'll be driving, so even if there's another option nearby you can think of... I need food. :scratchin

We're thinking of braving the early hours to get to HS for RotR. It looks like we'll have to leave the resort around 5:30am. What time does El Mercado open in the morning? Or what are our other early breakfast options?

We'll be driving, so even if there's another option nearby you can think of... I need food. :scratchin

I don't think it would be open that early. I would think the earliest is probably 7 AM. Check the Disney website.

It’s not open early enough for early morning at HS. My kids went to fill their mugs at 5:45 and it was closed.
That's too bad. Maybe a couple bagels and cream cheese in the mini fridge will be our best option.

That's too bad. Maybe a couple bagels and cream cheese in the mini fridge will be our best option.
That’s a good plan. I would definitely recommend a breakfast or snack before heading to HS. The kiosk at HS weren’t open right away since the park was unofficially open early.
We had such a great time at HS. Loved walking on TOT.

Hi All,

Same situation currently at POFQ. It’s a real bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter