Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is me too! Should I downgrade to Pop? The only reasonable upgrade option for my dates is SSR. I was already uneasy with the construction and now with no pool CSR is becoming much less attractive.

I'm planning to not do anything yet. I'm waiting on the official announcement which should have a better scope of work and timeline.

I'm planning to not do anything yet. I'm waiting on the official announcement which should have a better scope of work and timeline.
Good plan. We go in 17 days and I'm holding out hope I can get a reasonable bounceback somewhere else. Maybe French Quarter if I am crazy lucky. We just stayed at POR in February and want to try something new, but I'm paying for this entirely on my own to surprise my husband so deluxes are kind of out!

We aren’t going until 11/24. Fingers crossed if they do anything it will be finished by then!

That seems promising. If the rumor holds true it will start in September and be 4-6 weeks in length, it should be open by then. I would guess they'd want it open for the busy Thanksgiving season. And doesn't convention season ramp up mid-Fall as well? Hoping for a late October opening myself!

Are all of the rooms at this resort renovated yet? I'm hoping when my family goes in December that we don't have to worry about requesting a renovated room.

Are all of the rooms at this resort renovated yet? I'm hoping when my family goes in December that we don't have to worry about requesting a renovated room.

No. I don't know what the timeline is, but I know all preferred rooms have been renovated at this point so we booked a preferred room to be safe.

Ugh this is so irritating. I secured free dining and will be so pissed if there is no pool and then no options left for free dining if they do announce a pool closed. Not cool.

I would love 4-6 weeks...I just heard it was four months - September through December. I heard that on another site, not from Disney

Yea I am seeing that too on one of the FB groups and they are claiming they are hearing that information right from Disney. Sucks for my October trip.

Last edited:
Like others I heard Sept. for 4-6 weeks.
If people put a hold on trip you may be able to find something if they release their dates and don’t pay tomorrow.

4 months makes a huge difference. That means it would be closed through the busy Thanksgiving and Christmas season potentially. You'd think if they were going to do a major 4 month refurb on the pool, they'd start it in December or January and do it through the winter months when pool time is iffy at best. Fingers crossed for all of us with Fall trips planned!

4 months makes a huge difference. That means it would be closed through the busy Thanksgiving and Christmas season potentially. You'd think if they were going to do a major 4 month refurb on the pool, they'd start it in December or January and do it through the winter months when pool time is iffy at best. Fingers crossed for all of us with Fall trips planned!

Like when they closed Splash in September rather than January last year.....

We are all booked for September!! And just when i thought everything was going seamlessly......POOL CLOSURE RUMOURS :mad:

I'm wondering if anyone could give me their experiences with pool closures....

If the feature pool is closed, do they do any activities or games for kids anywhere? We will have our 5 year old son with us and we always do at least 1 relax/swim/shop day. We would typically relax by the pool, play on the playground, go to the arcade, have a few pool cocktails ( the big people, not the 5 year old :-))

I don't think the pool being closed will make us switch resorts. I'm just curious what I should expect.

And like when they closed the Poly Main Pool in June with 2 weeks notice.

And like when they closed the WL Main Pill in July with 1 week notice.

Crazy.

That is literally insane. Why would they do something like that?!

I think that Coronado is too big for just the quiet pools to be enough. They will be swarmed. This is really making me consider switching to AS Movies. They are refurbishing the rooms there...

Has anyone heard what they are actually doing to the pool? Maybe that will give us an idea as to timeline?

Ugh this is so irritating. I secured free dining and will be so pissed if there is no pool and then no options left for free dining if they do announce a pool closed. Not cool.
I jumped ship :-/
Moved to OKW. 3 reservations/ rooms. My fear is too that it will be too late when they officially announce it. But, we love taking a pool break in the middle of the day. If it’s not a make or break for you, I’d still stay. Love CSR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter