Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing a maid in my room in a very well known, exclusive golf resort in CA take a sponge and scrub the toilet down inside and then go straight to the jacuzzi tub from the toilet to scrub it out with that same sponge, toilet water dripping off of it--- I realized it happens everywhere and I can say with blessed assurance I will never, ever sit my behind down inside any hotel tub.

I never liked taking a bath in any tub but my own before seeing that happen, though, not even when I had infants and babies. I would get in the shower, hold them to me while I washed them and hand them out to my DH who was waiting to towel them off.
I guess it goes without saying-- I like the new shower. :)

That's exactly what I picture and why I would never take a bath in a hotel. Just the thought makes me grossed out.

After seeing a maid in my room in a very well known, exclusive golf resort in CA take a sponge and scrub the toilet down inside and then go straight to the jacuzzi tub from the toilet to scrub it out with that same sponge, toilet water dripping off of it--- I realized it happens everywhere and I can say with blessed assurance I will never, ever sit my behind down inside any hotel tub.

I never liked taking a bath in any tub but my own before seeing that happen, though, not even when I had infants and babies. I would get in the shower, hold them to me while I washed them and hand them out to my DH who was waiting to towel them off.
I guess it goes without saying-- I like the new shower. :)

That doesn't work for everyone though. There's no way I could hold my squirmy 30 lb 16 month old to bathe him. I take Clorox wipes and wipe down everything whenever we go anyplace.

Personally, I prefer a shower to a tub/shower combo, but we will need a tub until DS is old enough to shower.

I've been checking for 11/25 to 12/02 for the last few days and it keeps saying no availability for those dates as well. We are wanting to go back to a moderate this time and don't care for CBR, plus it is under construction as well. But, I didn't really want to pay more for POR either. Now I don't know what to do.
We had the same problem with in June. There are 4 families traveling in our group June 5-12. I booked last summer and my sister booked around Thanksgiving. We both got CSR for the entire stay. My other sister and parents waited until the end of December to book and they got the same unavailable message. After taking off days, I realized it was just the first 2 nights of the stay that were unavailable. We booked them a split stay for now. There is a convention going on at the beginning of the trip. I am assuming Disney has held all of the remaining available rooms for that. We are hoping they will release unbooked rooms at some point to get everyone at the same resort for the entire trip. Try looking at individual dates to see if any of them are available.

I get what you're saying, but they have one of the coolest main pools on property and have regularly offered activities for kids. Add in great views of fireworks and families are definitely interested. It has had something for everyone despite being a convention resort. That's my only confusion. If they can attract both business guests and people with kids then more $$ for them. I don't personally want to use the tub, but there's no way my toddler would be happy about a shower.

You are correct with everything you said. I'm just speculating on what Disney is thinking.

I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that some of the rooms would have tubs, but I might be imagining that. I don't care about the tub, so it wasn't important to remember where I saw that.

Beg to differ, I do, I'll admit I'm a small adult but I did it every night my last stay at CSR.

I believe you, but I would guess you are in a small minority. Disney must agree or they wouldn't do the rooms this way. It doesn't matter either way to me. I like the look of the walk in showers more, but neither is s deal breaker for me.

I go to CSR in August and am wondering how much the construction / refurbishment will affect the resort?

I don't fancy seeing huge cranes and listening to the noise as I sun bathe around the pools, and equally I'm not too happy that paths may close and it will be an even longer walk around the resort. I never actually paid to stay on a building site!

However my TA knows nothing about the construction and until they receive official notification, they won't do anything!

I realize the resort renovation/ tower addition is going to take around 2 years, but didn't know if the rooms would be finished before then since it seems they have already started on those.

I really can't believe at a theme park resort, where there will be families with young children, that they would take out a tub. I really thought when the PP first mentioned the new room that it must be an accessible room. We have stayed there several times, and kids took baths when they were young. I get the grossed out factor for some, but at least w/tub and shower combo you have a choice. DD did not like water pouring on her head, and took baths up until she was around 10. She actually soaked her head in the tub for a while there after keeping hair in for 3 days after BBB!princess:

I too will miss the turquoise on the beds and the natural wood doors, but at least that is decor - I would feel for someone arriving with a young child to discover there is no tub. The only positive so far for me is the dual sink. This has been our favorite moderate and always recommended it to friends, but not liking the direction it's going right now.:sad2:

We had the same problem with in June. There are 4 families traveling in our group June 5-12. I booked last summer and my sister booked around Thanksgiving. We both got CSR for the entire stay. My other sister and parents waited until the end of December to book and they got the same unavailable message. After taking off days, I realized it was just the first 2 nights of the stay that were unavailable. We booked them a split stay for now. There is a convention going on at the beginning of the trip. I am assuming Disney has held all of the remaining available rooms for that. We are hoping they will release unbooked rooms at some point to get everyone at the same resort for the entire trip. Try looking at individual dates to see if any of them are available.

Yep, I went through all of the dates and it's Tuesday the 28th and Thursday the 30th with no availability, so no split stay for us :worried:

Beg to differ, I do, I'll admit I'm a small adult but I did it every night my last stay at CSR.

I also love a tub and it would be a deal breaker for me, though I like my soak first thing in the morning. It's weird but it wakes me up better than a shower first thing.

After the first night without one at CSR, I really wished I had requested to be moved.

Yep, I went through all of the dates and it's Tuesday the 28th and Thursday the 30th with no availability, so no split stay for us :worried:
Bummer...that really stinks! Hopefully they will open up any remaining rooms later, but you probably don't want to wait that long to make a reservation either.

I just started reading this thread as we just switched our upcoming reservation from CBR to Coronado SPrings....Can someone clarify for me about the tubs at Coronado? Are they all being replace with showers? Are there still rooms with tubs and if so which buildings? Not having a tub would be a disaster for us....

I just started reading this thread as we just switched our upcoming reservation from CBR to Coronado SPrings....Can someone clarify for me about the tubs at Coronado? Are they all being replace with showers? Are there still rooms with tubs and if so which buildings? Not having a tub would be a disaster for us....
CSR still has tubs but the rehab will bring stand up showers and tubs. Just not sure how the breakdown will be yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter