Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our stay is in 2 ½ weeks!

Thinking about putting in a room request by building. We have a standard room and don’t want to upgrade because we’d lose our free dining. We don’t plan on using the restaurants much – it’s a short trip and we’re planning to maximize park time. But we do anticipate taking a break in the afternoon a couple of days, so being close to the Dig Zone would be nice. And actually having easy access to the restaurants in the morning for coffee/mug refills would be nice too. Most importantly, we want to be close to the bus stop as we have a few early mornings and don’t want to be schlepping every morning or risk the bus being filled before it even gets to us.

SO I think we’ve narrowed it down to :

Building 9A – We could use the 1st/Centro bus stop without TOO much of a walk, and we’d have to walk by restaurants on the way each morning, so easy for us to get some coffee/tea in mugs. Not too far from dig zone.

Building 4 – Very close to the 2nd bus stop, but farther from the dig site and restaurants (so probably no mug refills in morning).

What would you do?

Thinking about putting in a room request by building. We have a standard room and don’t want to upgrade because we’d lose our free dining. We don’t plan on using the restaurants much – it’s a short trip and we’re planning to maximize park time. But we do anticipate taking a break in the afternoon a couple of days, so being close to the Dig Zone would be nice. And actually having easy access to the restaurants in the morning for coffee/mug refills would be nice too. Most importantly, we want to be close to the bus stop as we have a few early mornings and don’t want to be schlepping every morning or risk the bus being filled before it even gets to us.

Building 9A – We could use the 1st/Centro bus stop without TOO much of a walk, and we’d have to walk by restaurants on the way each morning, so easy for us to get some coffee/tea in mugs. Not too far from dig zone.

Building 4 – Very close to the 2nd bus stop, but farther from the dig site and restaurants (so probably no mug refills in morning).

What would you do?

9A
Great location! We loved it. It's relatively close to everything.

IMGP7075 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7086 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7102 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Wish I could come with ... HA!

What would you do?

I'd do 9a. I think the walk to El Centro, bus stop one, and the dig site would be shorter than those walks would be from building four.

Sorry-
Just jumping in without fully reading...

I've received email stating there will be construction during our stay
(9thnov-169thnov)
I hadn't heard of this previously and I'm rather concerned-

Please either alleviate my fears or tell me to change to non rehab resort

We got the same email for our December trip.

Nothing to be concerned about IMO.

They do one building at a time. The building they are working on is not in use and blocked off. As the email stated work is done 9-5 when most people are in the parks. The work is mostly in the rooms, not outside, so I doubt you will hear much.

I'm not concerned at all and excited my favourite resort is getting some great new rooms!

I searched around and I'm sure it's here somewhere...can someone point me to the info about which buildings have standard rooms? Thanks!

What would you do?

We Love 9A. I am requesting it again. However, it should be noted that you will not be walking past restaurants to get to the el centro bus stop. you will have to continue further to fill your mugs and slightly back track. It's not a big back track though.

I searched around and I'm sure it's here somewhere...can someone point me to the info about which buildings have standard rooms? Thanks!

Standard rooms are in all buildings except Casitas 1, 2, and 3 (all Preferred), and Cabanas 9b (Business Class.) So everything from buildings 4 through 9a will include Standard rooms.

We got the same email for our December trip.

Nothing to be concerned about IMO.

They do one building at a time. The building they are working on is not in use and blocked off. As the email stated work is done 9-5 when most people are in the parks. The work is mostly in the rooms, not outside, so I doubt you will hear much.

I'm not concerned at all and excited my favourite resort is getting some great new rooms!

Thanks for your response.

Sadly we are not out all day folks.
I have various health issues and cannot last that long.
We would actually be at the resort most afternoons for down time...

I spoke to Disney today and feel a bit better.

Sadly we are not out all day folks.
I have various health issues and cannot last that long.
We would actually be at the resort most afternoons for down time...

I spoke to Disney today and feel a bit better.

Coronado Springs is enormous. Even if they were rehabbing the building next door, it wouldn't impact you too much. And unless the resort is completely full when you are there, they should easily be able to change your room to somewhere far from the construction. Especially since they are only going to work on one building at a time, I bet it won't make your vacation any less magical.

Coronado Springs is enormous. Even if they were rehabbing the building next door, it wouldn't impact you too much. And unless the resort is completely full when you are there, they should easily be able to change your room to somewhere far from the construction. Especially since they are only going to work on one building at a time, I bet it won't make your vacation any less magical.

Thanks-I feel slightly more reassured by your post.
Truthfully though; I don't think I'll settle til we're there:rolleyes1

I've requested far away from construction-and with your above info taken into account-hopefully all will be wonderful.

I am checking in Nov. 17th and still have not received an email about the construction

Did you book through Disney? Maybe they only notify people who book through Disney. Also check your spam folder just in case it went in there. I just got the email this week.

Did you book through Disney? Maybe they only notify people who book through Disney. Also check your spam folder just in case it went in there. I just got the email this week.

I have not received a email yet either and I arrive Nov. 15th. But I booked thru my WALT DISNEY TRAVEL AGENT. Maybe that has something to do with it? Weird they send me the emails for everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter