Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which area will be Best suited to request for our needs?
Me (late 40's) dh (celebrating his 50th)

In no particular order:

Dh wants to be close to a quiet pool with lanes

Would like to be close to a parking lot (have handicap tag)

Either a high floor room with elevator or ground floor room

Not close to main pool

Not too far from foodcourt

Well, bummer. Disney opened up booking online for January and the week we want appears to be full.....at least all the standard and preferred rooms are not available. Wonder if there may be a convention scheduled in that has locked up all the rooms. Must be something going on the week of Jan 28

Which area will be Best suited to request for our needs?
Me (late 40's) dh (celebrating his 50th)

In no particular order:

Dh wants to be close to a quiet pool with lanes

Would like to be close to a parking lot (have handicap tag)

Either a high floor room with elevator or ground floor room

Not close to main pool

Not too far from foodcourt

You want Casitas. "Close to Convention Center," then request either ground or upper floor as second request.

Must be something going on the week of Jan 28

Pro Bowl week.

So, I've got three requests and I'm not entirely sure they're comparable.

-Water view

-Upper Floor

-Somewhat near a designated smoking area.

Any suggestions on what combo of options I need for that?

just back from a great stay at coronado! We were in 9A, room 9200 which is a great corner room. room smelled a bit like that motel musty ac smell, but, we got used to it i guess....First night mr. cockroach came out on the bathroom floor, but we sent him on his way....Never did see any of his friends for the rest of the trip....

Right near laundry, close to everything & although the resort was pretty full, it felt empty! Never waited more than 5-10 min for a bus, always got on.

The best thing about the resort, IMO? The star wars fireworks are shot off RIGHT OPPOSITE the resorts entrance in the woods! We had an amazing view of these fireworks every night! Better than the parks! They were closer to the resort than the park! They were so loud, they shook our building! But we LOVED it!

I'd stay here in a heartbeat again when we want to do a quick trip! I shared the room w/ a friend, so the $141 ap price cost me $70 a night! SO worth it!
Pool was huge and never felt crowded, always got a table w/ umbrella. Recreation cm's spot on as well. Spent every afternoon in the pool as the heat index was 102-109 every day!

The best thing about the resort, IMO? The star wars fireworks are shot off RIGHT OPPOSITE the resorts entrance in the woods! We had an amazing view of these fireworks every night! Better than the parks! They were closer to the resort than the park! They were so loud, they shook our building! But we LOVED it!
Yes! We loved this too. We don't always stay for fireworks due to the mass chaos afterwards when exiting the parks so this was bonus!!!! Nice to watch them, relaxed and in pjs!

Yes! We loved this too. We don't always stay for fireworks due to the mass chaos afterwards when exiting the parks so this was bonus!!!! Nice to watch them, relaxed and in pjs!
what building should you stand by to see the fireworks?

So, I've got three requests and I'm not entirely sure they're comparable.

-Water view

-Upper Floor

-Somewhat near a designated smoking area.

Any suggestions on what combo of options I need for that?
I would request building 9A or 8B. Only two floors but you would have a room with the lake in front of you. Smoking area is right in front of lake. If you want to be on a higher floor building then you should request casitas because they have three and four levels of rooms.

I would request building 9A or 8B. Only two floors but you would have a room with the lake in front of you. Smoking area is right in front of lake. If you want to be on a higher floor building then you should request casitas because they have three and four levels of rooms.
Fantastic, thanks!

We stayed in building 9B but I'm sure you could also see them from a lot of spots.
You can see fireworks from casita 4 and 5 facing the ranchos for MK and facing DHS for Illuminations and SW. The higher the floor, the better. You can also see fireworks from the area behind El Centro

Hello! Would anyone know if roll away beds are still offered at Coronado Springs? I have been calling but I am not getting an answer. I am hoping that someone has been there recently and was able to rent one. Thanks for any help.

Trying to get Business Class with my free dining for my booking Aug18-29...hoping something will open up. Is it an offering or am i wasting my time?

Thanks!

Only one of the quiet pools has lanes, I *think* it is Casitas, but I can't remember for sure.

Yes, it is the one right outside the fitness center. I believe it is the only pool with painted lane lines on property but I am not 100% on that. Maybe the Swan or Dolphin also has lane lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter