Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who has been to CSR recently...I have read recent trip reports/reviews that the Dig Site pool has limited capacity, and it has been difficult for these families to even get an opportunity to use the pool. Our family plans half of our vacation time to lounge and swim, has anybody else had this experience of waiting a long time or not been able to get in at all?
Thanks!
Can you link these trip reports? I would like to read them. I'm really concerned about not getting to use the pool.

Can you link these trip reports? I would like to read them. I'm really concerned about not getting to use the pool.

Because of distancing limits, pools have capacity limits. If they are at capacity, you'd have to wait. It has happened at almost all the resorts during busy times.

For anyone who has been to CSR recently...I have read recent trip reports/reviews that the Dig Site pool has limited capacity, and it has been difficult for these families to even get an opportunity to use the pool. Our family plans half of our vacation time to lounge and swim, has anybody else had this experience of waiting a long time or not been able to get in at all?
Thanks!
We were going to swim at the Dig Site (Saturday early afternoon) but the list seemed long, and there were quite a few groups just hanging around. We just went to the Ranchos pool where there were only around 8 total people there.

We did notice that the Dig Site looked similarly busy on Monday around 4 or so.

I don’t think there are time limits on how long someone can be at the pool, so it will depend on how long the groups in front of you decide to stay.

We are looking at Coronado for next February 2022. What is the farthest walk from a standard room to dining? We like the idea of swimming at quiet pools. Also, how far is the walk from Coronado to the Towers for other dining options, and can you use the pool at the Towers, too? Thanks!

Last edited:
What are the rules about grocery delivery now? Will they still take my bags and refrigerate the perishables if I'm not able to meet the delivery person? I thought I read something about the bags would have to be sealed such as with garden grocer.

That was the case when the temps were in the 90's. Families had to wait and hour on a waitlist. This week has not been the case because the temps are in the 70's. The quiet pools are always open as well

I recommend to bring your own pods/creamer/ sweetener as the rooms are not serviced daily.
FWIW, you can call housekeeping and request more of any of these. They will drop them off even if you're not in the room.

Thanks!
I saw some of these reports in various Facebook groups as well. It seems like pools (at many resorts) reached capacity when the temperatures were hot, but also when the resorts were at or near capacity because it was peak Spring Break time. The last couple weeks have been busy in several aspects because of Spring Breaks, so its the first time we've seen the pools be impacted in that way.

Just got back from CSR for a short 2 day trip...was there Monday and Tuesday. While they probably should have held people out of the pool yesterday afternoon, they never really stopped people from coming in. Between 3 and 4 the place was packed with no chairs available, but they were doing a really good job of getting chairs cleaned as soon as a family or a person left. Pools typically get packed in the late afternoon this this time of year. I think if you are planning a pool day and you get there before 3:00, you should be fine.

Looks like DD's dance team (small group, but there may be other dance studios from the event there as well) is getting moved to CSR for Dance the World. We stayed there as a family last in 2013 in the Ranchos section rm 6130. So excited to go back and see how it has changed.

Just got back from CSR for a short 2 day trip...was there Monday and Tuesday. While they probably should have held people out of the pool yesterday afternoon, they never really stopped people from coming in. Between 3 and 4 the place was packed with no chairs available, but they were doing a really good job of getting chairs cleaned as soon as a family or a person left. Pools typically get packed in the late afternoon this this time of year. I think if you are planning a pool day and you get there before 3:00, you should be fine.
With the new bridges across the waterway, how is the walking distance from the rooms to the eating establishments? Thank you!

Thanks!

Was reported at 2:30 today that there was a "text wait system" and it was an estimated 2 hour wait. 👀

If anyone is there now, wouldn’t mind a report on Dit Site pool hours. Trying to see if Disney has moved all feature pools to 11pm closing (they were 10pm). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter