• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a heads up to anyone coming in the next week or longer- the dif site polo slide is closed and won't reopen for at least a week. I am so upset as this was a resort heavy stay and we were beyond excited to use it. Not happy.

Just as a heads up to anyone coming in the next week or longer- the dif site polo slide is closed and won't reopen for at least a week. I am so upset as this was a resort heavy stay and we were beyond excited to use it. Not happy.

Yikes. Any ideas why? Are they doing maintenance on it or something?

Are you there? Just wondering if in fact this is the case as the slide is super important to us!

Oh no! We just checkin after being at DHS all day. Waiting for the bellman to bring our bags then I am going to go check out the resort. I will see what I can find out. We don’t have much downtime on this quick trip but I fell bad for those of you that do. Same thing happened to me for our WL stay with the kiddie splash thing last year. I was super annoyed.

Oh no! We just checkin after being at DHS all day. Waiting for the bellman to bring our bags then I am going to go check out the resort. I will see what I can find out. We don’t have much downtime on this quick trip but I fell bad for those of you that do. Same thing happened to me for our WL stay with the kiddie splash thing last year. I was super annoyed.

Thanks so much for checking! We have a lot of downtime on this trip. I know we are adults, but we would really enjoy the slide! Haha

Thank you so much for checking!! I’m annoyed as well.. as if the construction wasn’t enough!!

Thank you so much for checking!! I’m annoyed as well.. as if the construction wasn’t enough!!

I so agree, we are all adults/teens but if I didn’t want to use a slide I would have picked a value!!

Thanks so much for checking! We have a lot of downtime on this trip. I know we are adults, but we would really enjoy the slide! Haha
Thank you for checking! I am waiting to hear with bated breathe! We arrive next week and my kids will be so disappointed if the slide is closed. Like so many others we have been planning this trip for a year and the pool/slide is one the things the kids are really looking forward to.

Since they already have a refurb planned and didn't announce anything about the slide going down early, it's safe to assume something broke or needs repair right away. I understand people can be disappointed, but this really beyond anyone's control. It's not like they did it on purpose to ruin your vacations! If your kids were using a slide in need of repair and somebody got hurt, you'd be upset about that too. Better to let them take care of what they need to!

I called a spoke to a Disney CM, who says there is no exact day, but it will supposedly reopen next week. Sorry that's all the info I was able to get.

Since they already have a refurb planned and didn't announce anything about the slide going down early, it's safe to assume something broke or needs repair right away. I understand people can be disappointed, but this really beyond anyone's control. It's not like they did it on purpose to ruin your vacations! If your kids were using a slide in need of repair and somebody got hurt, you'd be upset about that too. Better to let them take care of what they need to!
Of course! Some of us were just expressing disappointment... not blaming! It’s ok to feel disappointed right?

People pay a lot of money to stay at these hotels and the pools and slides are part of that experience. People have the right to express there disappointment that something is not working properly when they are there. For some people the slide and pool not working could actually RUIN there vacation if that is a main purpose for there visit. I don't think anyone is expressing that they closed it for no reason at all but they are just saying that there kids were looking forward to it and it will put a damper in there stay if it is down for an extended period of time.

Hi everyone SORRY but YES I am here and YES it is down until "sometime" late next week but they couldnt give an exact date. It was a huge deal to us and to our child- we were really looking forward to it.

I just confirmed the same info from a lifeguard. Something about something being broken. Hoping to open next week.
If you had a pool intensive trip planned, I would call guest service and see what they can do to get you moved to a resort with functioning amenities. They are usually quite helpful.
It does look like an awesome slide. My kids aren’t with me or they would be super bummed.

Thank you to all of you who are there and giving us accurate information!! We arrive Sat and really hope it’s back up! I think the frustration lies with when a lot of us booked our trips Disney guaranteed all the amnenities would be open including the food court which now is partially being renovated and the slide (I get things happen) but it’s compounded by all the other construction!! Please keep us updated, it’s very much appreciated!!

Here now - pool feels great. Having margaritas at the bar. It is very quiet at the resort. We are in Casitas 4 in a King room. Completely renovated - you can smell the new furniture! Having a great time.

Checked in this past Friday for a 13 night stay! Wow! We have not stayed at Coronado for almost 9 years as we like to switch resorts. I must say that even with the construction I am very impressed.

We are in Ranchos 7a in a refurb room. It’s gorgeous. Very very well done! The location is fantastic too with a very short walk to the quiet and main pools. Food court is exactly .5 mile which is a nice walk for coffee in the AM.

The only disappointing factor is that the pool slide is closed for repair. Rather frustrating with two kids. We were told they hope to open it later this week but I guess we will see.

Other than that we are having a fantastic time and have already booked a free dining bounce back for 2019 at Coronado again!

Tables and chairs have been replaced overnight at the Pepper Market ((Friday into Sat) and they have begun work on the food stations. Some closed and the menu is limited. Suppose to come back with new menu items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter