Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are you going? I was able to book 3 nights BC in October, and that was with a discount. I'll admit, I'm surprised they still give discounts on BC level because it's so popular, but I'm sure glad they did!

March 21. This will be my 5th BC stay. I've grabbed Spring discounts in the past. At this time, there are no discounts. It also appears the resort is sold out.

It's roughly 80 more than standard. Here are some examples from random dates that I could find with options.

What I did find out the other day from my TA was Disney is putting stipulations on BC and minimum night stays of 6 nights. I wanted 5 nights BC. nothing showed up. I was playing with the dates to see what night(s) was causing the problem. I added a night and poof, there it was. I called my TA to see what she could see and get. It was a 6 night minimum. She was able to eventually get me the 5 nights since we split our vacation with 2 destinations.
This is not true. At this time you can book any time frame for BC.

It also appears the resort is sold out.

Yeah I think a lot of conventions must block out various groups of rooms. Last year I wanted to switch to CSR for this fall before any discounts were available but no rooms were showing open anywhere. When free dining dropped a bunch of rooms, including business class, were available. I grabbed one because it was pretty much the same price as CBR preferred. I'd say keep looking, or maybe review what conventions might be there at the time.

This is not true. At this time you can book any time frame for BC.

I wanted to book 3/21-3/26, no rooms available showed. When I put 3/21-3/27, it was available. My TA talked to a CM and she said it was because there is a 6 night minimum. Maybe because of a convention? IDK But that is what my TA was told. I was able to get 5 nights after she talked to management at CSR.

I wanted to book 3/21-3/26, no rooms available showed. When I put 3/21-3/27, it was available. My TA talked to a CM and she said it was because there is a 6 night minimum. Maybe because of a convention? IDK But that is what my TA was told. I was able to get 5 nights after she talked to management at CSR.

CMs are known to just ad lib when they aren't sure of the correct answer. I can book 3 nights at various times from March to June, even your dates. I am only searching for 2, though. If it's 3 +, it won't show up. There's more King BC than Double Queen BC as I found out on this thread earlier.

CMs are known to just ad lib when they aren't sure of the correct answer. I can book 3 nights at various times from March to June, even your dates. I am only searching for 2, though. If it's 3 +, it won't show up. There's more King BC than Double Queen BC as I found out on this thread earlier.

There are only 66 BC rooms. 43 kings and 23 queens.

I have 4 BC rooms booked for an upcoming trip all for 5 nights. CM's at the call center do not know what the resort is doing.

It's my 2 week count down today :jumping1: I have requested Cabanas and have a standard room booked. I like to phone the resort prior to check in to try and get a nice room. How soon would you recommend I do this? We won't have a car so will be using buses and we tend to use quiet pools for our afternoon break. Which building would you recommend I ask for? :thumbsup2

We also have a 4 night BC stay coming up in October.

There isn't a minimum requirement BUT at times based on resort availability you may have trouble booking a certain number of rooms and therefore have to play around with the dates. Now, what I can say is happening for sure is that very often when you book a certain number of nights under a certain discount then want to scale back, you may have trouble doing so. This has happened to us twice including this upcoming October trip where I had initially booked a 7 night stay under a certain discount then when I wanted to scale back because we are doing a split stay, the CM had to get "approval" but it was done.

I like to phone the resort prior to check in to try and get a nice room.

There is no way to phone the resort directly. The person on the line will claim they're at the resort, but it's a call center. If you have your room requests noted, and matched them in online check-in, you've done what you can. Room assignors are not phonable, and the front desk, even if it were phonable, doesn't assign rooms.

It took a week but I read all 269 pages!

My DIL is registered for the Princess 5k, 10k and half in late February. So our focus is going to be the races. It will just be the two of us for an adult girls trip. I have a knee that limits the distances I can walk. Our priority will be easy access to the bus and food. I doubt we'll use the pool but maybe a hot tub. I'm thinking about gifting her a spa day.

My questions:
1) Does anyone know if the runDisney race bus circles to all the bus stops like the parks bus? Or if it picks up/drops off only at El Centro?

2) At the moment, there is no BC-standard available. I like Casitas 4 for its easy bus access and first load -- higher probability of a seat. But I'm not sure about gambling on a standard or water view booking. Bldg 3 seems fine in the preferred category but I don't want Bldg 2 (poor access to top floor) or Bldg 1 (connected to convention center). It seems most people who book "water view" end up in Casitas 4/5, Cabanas or the good building in Rancheros -- I think I could like any or those with the Siestas dining and multiple bus stops. Should I gamble on a standard or water view booking? Or just play it safe and book preferred even though I don't want Bldg 1 or 2? Where are the elevators in the Casitas -- at the ends or in the middle?

Thanks for everyone's help!

It took a week but I read all 269 pages!

My DIL is registered for the Princess 5k, 10k and half in late February. So our focus is going to be the races. It will just be the two of us for an adult girls trip. I have a knee that limits the distances I can walk. Our priority will be easy access to the bus and food. I doubt we'll use the pool but maybe a hot tub. I'm thinking about gifting her a spa day.

My questions:
1) Does anyone know if the runDisney race bus circles to all the bus stops like the parks bus? Or if it picks up/drops off only at El Centro?

2) At the moment, there is no BC-standard available. I like Casitas 4 for its easy bus access and first load -- higher probability of a seat. But I'm not sure about gambling on a standard or water view booking. Bldg 3 seems fine in the preferred category but I don't want Bldg 2 (poor access to top floor) or Bldg 1 (connected to convention center). It seems most people who book "water view" end up in Casitas 4/5, Cabanas or the good building in Rancheros -- I think I could like any or those with the Siestas dining and multiple bus stops. Should I gamble on a standard or water view booking? Or just play it safe and book preferred even though I don't want Bldg 1 or 2? Where are the elevators in the Casitas -- at the ends or in the middle?

Thanks for everyone's help!

1. It will hit all bus stops.

Are the salads at Cafe Rix pre-packaged? I'm allergic to cucumbers and it looks like most of the salads come with them. :(

Just a quick two cents on the required night stays.
This is an actual thing and it started last fall. Disney has not announced it and it's not official but it is happening.

Example: Coronado has rooms available Saturday to Saturday (which is 7 nights) depending on the capacity, discounts and some other things that room may not appear as available for less than seven nights. They can fill a room for seven nights and they don't want to have openings of one/two nights when they could have them filled for the week.
Which is why when people go to modify reservations guest services has to get involved because they are unofficially requiring specific length of stay requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter