Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! So so sorry if this has been asked before but we have a preferred king room but standards are available that will save us $500.00. We have a two year old. Is it worth it to keep the preferred or should we downgrade to the standard to save the 500.00?

Thank you!!
To me it is worth it to save $500!

Preferred gets you close to the main check in area, restaurants and gift shop.

We have stayed in Ranchos and Cabanas. At both of those locations we had a pool, laundry, bus stop very close and a 5 to 8 minute walk to Pepper Market. However we were very close to the main pool that had Siestas and a drink refill station.

Hi! I've never stayed at CSR before and I've honestly never given it much thought. We book 9/18-9/24 at POR, but our booking was excluded from FD so earlier today I switched to a standard room at CSR with free dining. I know very very little about this resort, other than the Dis Unplugged gave it a great 7 in 7 review, and it's the resort that's also a convention center. I'm excited to stay there, because I have a goal of trying every hotel on property at some point. If you've stayed there before, any must do or must see or must request items? I will be traveling with hubby, 4 year old DD, and 1 year old DD. THANKS!!

Hi! I've never stayed at CSR before and I've honestly never given it much thought. We book 9/18-9/24 at POR, but our booking was excluded from FD so earlier today I switched to a standard room at CSR with free dining. I know very very little about this resort, other than the Dis Unplugged gave it a great 7 in 7 review, and it's the resort that's also a convention center. I'm excited to stay there, because I have a goal of trying every hotel on property at some point. If you've stayed there before, any must do or must see or must request items? I will be traveling with hubby, 4 year old DD, and 1 year old DD. THANKS!!
We always request Cabanas 8A or 8B to be close to a bus stop and the main pool, and a short walk to the food court. There is also a quiet pool and laundry between 8B and 9A. There is a great pool slide, but it's very fast, depending on how daring your son is, maybe you or DH could go down holding him and the other be at the bottom to catch him? Anyway, one of you could try it first to see what you think. My youngest was 6 our 1st stay at CSR, and she went down following DS and DH, knowing one of us would catch her at the bottom, and ended up loving it, and going again and again. However my DS who was 9 at the time, would never have done it at her age, as he is much more reserved. There are nice hammocks to relax in along the small "beach" bordering the lake, and your DS could play in the sand. We enjoy the walk around the lake to refill our mugs, very beautiful and always seems pretty quiet. If you read the first few pages of this thread, you will see the map and many pics, and a lot of good info.

We've never stayed at CSR but are considering it for our November trip. We were considering the Business Class so that there's a mini type CL area according to what I've read. Has anyone stayed recently that can tell me what they have in the lounge area & what the rooms are like. We've stayed at the other 3 moderates but not CSR so we were just wondering what to expect and how did you like it. TIA.

We are SUPER excited to be doing CSR again with Free Dining. We are going Dec 21-27 and I keep searching and searching, hoping for two business class rooms to be available. We are booked in preferred and I would much rather BC.

We will be staying at CSR for the first time the last week of August. I can not make up my mind as to whether or not I should make a request of any sort or just leave it all open to chance. We will be driving so not all that worried about being close to the food court. It would be nice to be close-ish to a bus stop. We would like to be sort of close to the main pool but really there is nothing that would be the end of the world if we didn't get it.

Do you all think that not making special requests room wise is a mistake?

We've never stayed at CSR but are considering it for our November trip. We were considering the Business Class so that there's a mini type CL area according to what I've read. Has anyone stayed recently that can tell me what they have in the lounge area & what the rooms are like. We've stayed at the other 3 moderates but not CSR so we were just wondering what to expect and how did you like it. TIA.
Lounge area AM is a continental-type breakfast spread - yogurts, cereal, coffee, fruit, juice. PM starts with some meat-cheese type stuff, and goes to chips and cookies, with sodas and wine and beer.

What room request should I make if I can snag a standard room?

I read on Allears.net (not sure if I can say that) that there is an internal shuttle service to take you to other parts of the resort, I have 2 questions.... 1) is there a fee to hitch a ride? 2) can the shuttle accommodate a stroller being folded and brought along?

1. no

2. yes

For a room request with stroller, ask for Cabanas. Anywhere in Cabanas.

Thank you!! Now just to snag a standard with FD promo.. Already have plans at ASMu but for $60 more I would love to get CSR. Either way we are going to Disney and that's the best part!!!!

Just my $.02 for those dithering about CSR. We just returned from a trip and enjoyed it very much. For whatever reason (perhaps because when we inquired about checking in, we were inadvertently marked as delayed check-in so our room wasn't ready and we weren't able to charge our lunch), we were upgraded to a preferred room on the first floor of Casitas 3, just about as close as possible to El Centro. The rooms were nice, our area of the resort was very quiet, and rooms, in our opinion, did not seem like they were ready for the rumored refurb. There was an event called "Dance Worlds" going on at the resort convention center, but other than the food court being mobbed at lunch on Saturday, we didn't notice the dance teams too much. Maybe that would have been different in other areas of the resort or if we timed meals badly. Buses were timely and often quite empty. We were just about as far away from the Dig Site as possible and it was about a ten minute slow walk for me. The cast members that we encountered were friendly. It seemed more convenient than the monorail resorts since three of the parks were a very short bus ride, 5-10 minutes, and MK was about 15-20. We would definitely stay there again.

Just my $.02 for those dithering about CSR. We just returned from a trip and enjoyed it very much. For whatever reason (perhaps because when we inquired about checking in, we were inadvertently marked as delayed check-in so our room wasn't ready and we weren't able to charge our lunch), we were upgraded to a preferred room on the first floor of Casitas 3, just about as close as possible to El Centro. The rooms were nice, our area of the resort was very quiet, and rooms, in our opinion, did not seem like they were ready for the rumored refurb. There was an event called "Dance Worlds" going on at the resort convention center, but other than the food court being mobbed at lunch on Saturday, we didn't notice the dance teams too much. Maybe that would have been different in other areas of the resort or if we timed meals badly. Buses were timely and often quite empty. We were just about as far away from the Dig Site as possible and it was about a ten minute slow walk for me. The cast members that we encountered were friendly. It seemed more convenient than the monorail resorts since three of the parks were a very short bus ride, 5-10 minutes, and MK was about 15-20. We would definitely stay there again.
Last May was our first time at CSR and we liked it so much we booked there again this May.
It's spread out enough that the guests aren't tripping over each other like at the Value Resorts.
We were in Ranchos 6B and it was a long walk to El Centro but the grounds are pleasant enough that we didn't mind the extra walking too much.
We asked for the Cabanas this year to save a little wear and tear on our old feet.

To the best of my knowledge, all "preferred" gets you is closer to El Centro. I'm assuming your kid will be in a stroller, so it would all depend on how much you care about walking. The standard rooms in the Cabanas and Casitas aren't very far, but the Ranchos can be a bit of a hike. We always book Water View (view is important to us), so we've never been in the Ranchos.
Preferred is casitas and water view is preferred. However standard rooms are also in all of the buildings. You need to request the building you want and then you may have a view of parking lot but you are in a closer building.

Preferred is casitas and water view is preferred. However standard rooms are also in all of the buildings. You need to request the building you want and then you may have a view of parking lot but you are in a closer building.
Sorry meant to say cabanas is water view. I always do water view and am in cabanas facing the pond.

We will be staying at CSR for the first time the last week of August. I can not make up my mind as to whether or not I should make a request of any sort or just leave it all open to chance. We will be driving so not all that worried about being close to the food court. It would be nice to be close-ish to a bus stop. We would like to be sort of close to the main pool but really there is nothing that would be the end of the world if we didn't get it.

Do you all think that not making special requests room wise is a mistake?
I usually make a building request but when I check in it is not available. I then have to wait till someone checks out to get into the one I want. It seems like the last several years they are not reading what people request.

So your saying all water view rooms are garuntee to be be in cabanas?

Waterview rooms can be Cabanas 8A, 8B, 9A, Casitas 4 & 5, Ranchos 7B over looking the quiet pool, and a handful of rooms in Ranchos 6A the have a view of the lagoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter