Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked CSR with FD for 3 nights first week in October, next 3 nights on WLV,.
We stayed at CSR 8 years ago and loved it but now I am reading reports that the rooms are showing wear and tear
Anyone been there recently?

It has been less than a year from my last stay at CSR, and the room I had was in good shape.

I've read before that buses here are normally less crowded than other mods. Does this still hold true? Esp. end of August?

Also, has anyone experienced the Viva Coronado Springs Fiesta? Do we know if all Three Caballeros are out meeting for the photo ops? Is it lasting past April? I've searched, but I can't find any info other than the announcement about it coming. It sounds like a really neat addition. I have a huge Caballero fan in the family.

I've read before that buses here are normally less crowded than other mods. Does this still hold true? Esp. end of August?
We were there last July and buses weren't crowded with the exception getting back at night right after fireworks. Of course, all buses are packed then. We did not do rope drop but usually hit the stops by 9 a.m.

Also, has anyone experienced the Viva Coronado Springs Fiesta? Do we know if all Three Caballeros are out meeting for the photo ops? Is it lasting past April? I've searched, but I can't find any info other than the announcement about it coming. It sounds like a really neat addition. I have a huge Caballero fan in the family.
From Buzz's website..."It's a parade with the kids around the courtyard in casitas Then it ends by the fountain. And they have Mexican treats they sell. And crafts for the kids with photo ops with Mexican sombreros and maracas."

request casitas 1,2, or 3. Do not stay in ranchos since that is the farthest from el centro with food

Hi, I have a Water View room, hoping to have a view of the Lake. Do you know what building(s) are near the Food Court and close to buses? If not close to buses, then close to Food Court? Thanks!

Hi, I have a Water View room, hoping to have a view of the Lake. Do you know what building(s) are near the Food Court and close to buses? If not close to buses, then close to Food Court? Thanks!
Make sure you request the cabanas since you have a water view. Then you will definitely have a view of the lake and you are close to el centro with the food court.

We were there last July and buses weren't crowded with the exception getting back at night right after fireworks. Of course, all buses are packed then. We did not do rope drop but usually hit the stops by 9 a.m.

Great!

From Buzz's website..."It's a parade with the kids around the courtyard in casitas Then it ends by the fountain. And they have Mexican treats they sell. And crafts for the kids with photo ops with Mexican sombreros and maracas."

I did find that info, but I haven't seen anything from anyone that has actually experienced it.

aaaand...I just reread that...sorry ...and the part about the photo ops with the sombreros and maracas..which means no characters, right?

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know the availability of connecting rooms? We just booked with another family and are requesting connecting rooms... We booked Waterview. I was using the Touring Plans room locator and every room I clicked on said no connected room. Not sure how accurate it is. Any info would be appreciated.

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know the availability of connecting rooms? We just booked with another family and are requesting connecting rooms... We booked Waterview. I was using the Touring Plans room locator and every room I clicked on said no connected room. Not sure how accurate it is. Any info would be appreciated.

That tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types, amenities, etc.

I believe something like 50% of the rooms are connecting. So you've got a 50-50 shot.

That tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types, amenities, etc.

I believe something like 50% of the rooms are connecting. So you've got a 50-50 shot.

Thanks for your reply. I always thought that there were a lot of connecting rooms. I also want to request a room close to the main building, but connecting is a priority. We will be travelling with two, two-year olds, so want to minimize our walking if possible as we will be renting a double stroller. I just didn't want to hurt our chances for a connecting room.

Thanks for your reply. I always thought that there were a lot of connecting rooms. I also want to request a room close to the main building, but connecting is a priority. We will be travelling with two, two-year olds, so want to minimize our walking if possible as we will be renting a double stroller. I just didn't want to hurt our chances for a connecting room.

Your best bet then is to make connecting rooms your only request.

Make sure you request the cabanas since you have a water view. Then you will definitely have a view of the lake and you are close to el centro with the food court.

Thanks, is it true that Cabanas is more geared for kids though and Casitas is more for adults? I am only going with my girlfriend, thanks!

Is there a difference in the chairs in the Business Class rooms if you have a King Bed instead of 2 queens? Does the King room have 2 ottomans instead of a single lounge chair?

Hi, We just booked FD at the beginning of December with the family (kids are 4 and 9). After reading this thread, I found out that the NCA/NDA Varsity Spirit Spectacular conference will be held while we will be there. Will it be insane there? Should we try to move to another resort? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have similar dates and would like to know as well. It will be our first time at CSR and we were looking forward to a more adult-oriented and quiet resort but if it might be too crazy because of the convention then we wouldn't mind switching over to CBR (which we've been to before and enjoyed). Would love to hear people's experiences!

I have similar dates and would like to know as well. It will be our first time at CSR and we were looking forward to a more adult-oriented and quiet resort but if it might be too crazy because of the convention then we wouldn't mind switching over to CBR (which we've been to before and enjoyed). Would love to hear people's experiences!
I *think* the cheerleaders usually stay in values?

I've stayed in water view connecting rooms in Casitas 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter